KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Same old Obi-Wan

Same old Obi-Wan
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Same old Obi-Wan

It looks like Obi-Wan will be wearing the same Jedi robes as seen in TPM.www.starwars.com/episode-...biwan.html I actually beleave that this picture makes Ewan look more like Alec.The offical site says that this imperticular scene is very elaborate and detailed.Could this be a scene with Obi-Wan confronting the council once again?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 05:10 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think you're right. I guess that's what they are trying to get to in order to generate the required continuity.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 06:09 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Lately the official site has posted major spoilers.I hope it will be on a regular basis.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 06:18 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

But if they're releasing this ort of stuff, just think what they must be holding back on....

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 06:26 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Hmmm...I guess your right.smile

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 06:32 AM
Darth Daft

I agree that Obi-Wan's clothing does look rather similar to his old robes. But then I guess all Jedi costumes look like that. Anakin's is a little darker but still basically the same as the other Jedi's.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 07:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Is it really darker, or just a matter of lighting? One of the first pictures we saw of Hayden in outfit showed a costume very much like OB1's.

queeq out

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 04:49 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Well perhaps he will wear more than one costume throughout the film. Obi-Wan seemed to keep the same costume throughout most of TPM, but I'm sure Anakin will change his like Luke does.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2000 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Well I just said that because in the recent spy pics he looked like he was wearing greyer clothing.Do you think that the red clothing that we have seen Anakin wearing is the official outfit of the Republic in the Clone Wars?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 05:38 AM
Darth Daft

Could be, but which red outfit do you mean? I don't remember seeing him wear that colour in any pics.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 05:51 AM
theEvilJedi

The maroon-like outfit seen in the first select pic.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2000 05:52 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yes he wears several different outfits. He also wears a black and green outfit and then there were the spy pic with a white poncho. Poncho's are going to be another thread in the saga (Qui-Gon had one, Luke had one in ANH).

queeq out

Old Post Nov 6th, 2000 05:08 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Ah I see, EJ. Sorry, I thought it was brown. I didn't look at the pic for long, because I found it a little dull.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2000 05:54 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I don't think Luke had a choice in what to wear until maybe ROTJ. The clothes he wore in the medal ceremony as well as his flightsuit obviously came from someone his size in the alliance. The khaki outfit he wore in ESB was a little more Jedi like in color, but no robe. I don't know where he came up with the black outfit in ROTJ, but that really wasn't Jedi in nature at all. I guess he had to wear whatever was at hand or borrowed and I don't think he would have been good at sewing. Besides, the only Jedi garb he would have known would have been Ben and Yoda 's clothes.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2000 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Am I the only one who wanted to see Luke in the official Jedi robes?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2000 07:47 AM
queeq
Chaos

I think Lucas only came up with the official Jedi robes for TPM, actually. Luke's clothing in the OT is a very good development using the meaning of the colours. In ANH he wore white (for youth, purity, unspoiltness), in ESB he wore khaki-brown (symbolic for him aging and learning) and finally in ROTJ he wore black (sign of maturity). So that was indeed excellent. And I am quite sure Luke couldn't get a subscription on Jedi Fashion Monthly anymore.

I actually liked him in black. I remember one of the monthly Star Wars comic books from the eighties that featured a story about Obi-Wan Kenobi as General. He wore black in that story too. I know that's EU and totally useless when it comes down to discussing the movies, but it demonstrated how people thought about Jedi in those days. I really think Lucas did not come up with Jedi and Sith outfits until working on TPM.

queeq out

Old Post Nov 7th, 2000 04:06 AM
Darth Daft

One of the Classic Moments on the official site says the Mark Hamill said to Lucas something like, "Are you sure about this costume I'm wearing? It's very vaderish," and Lucas replied, "that's the idea."
Just wanted to add that into to this whole costume conversation.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2000 05:14 AM
Jedimaster3838

Same old Obi-Wan

Yeah I heard that too DD. I guess Lucas wanted people to think Luke was beginning to turn. Luke did have a robe at Jabba's palace, but even it was dark.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2000 06:51 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I'm talking about the one's similar to Obi-Wan's.(see above)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2000 06:55 AM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, but we were also discussing how Luke would look in that outfit. And I prefer the black one, myself. Maybe some Photoshop expert can make us a pic with Luke in traditional Jedi robes.

queeq out

Old Post Nov 7th, 2000 02:25 PM