KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » As anything really certain?

As anything really certain?
Started by: Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

Question As anything really certain?

As some of you know I believe that nothing in life can ever be certain. It is not that because something has always been like that in the past it will remain like that in the future. This does lead for some weird things, as Modern day science it's laws are all build on things that have always been the same and will always be the same. This way of thinking doesn't mix well with the general way of thinking in the 20th and 21th century.

This however also poses problems for things like Loving Someone forever. However I do consider that special since it's an emotion and ergo is impossible to prodict (DONT WORRIE STORM IF THERE IS ONE THING IN MY LIFE I'M CERTAIN OF IT'S THAT WE IS MENT TO BE :happysmile

So does anyone agree with me that nothing can ever be certain and that ergo modern day science is wrong.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:56 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

heres how it is...shit happens, thats it.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:31 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Well I agree that nothing is ever certain to a point, but emotions and physics are two completely different things and so the circumstances are different.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 07:15 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The only thing that's certain in life is that you will die.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 07:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

and that beer is good

Old Post May 6th, 2004 08:06 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

Re: As anything really certain?

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
So does anyone agree with me that nothing can ever be certain and that ergo modern day science is wrong.

yes

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post May 6th, 2004 10:16 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
no, mainly cause you are belgian wink big grin

Old Post May 6th, 2004 10:34 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
The only thing that's certain in life is that you will die.

still BF if they find away to become immortal tomorrow, that statement is false as well, I know ppl will always look at this way of thinking as going for the impossible against all odds but it aint because there is only a 1 in 28000 billion that it wont happen

Old Post May 6th, 2004 11:39 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Certinty is a lie. The natrual order of the universe is Chaos. so no matter how impossible something seems it can still happen.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 11:51 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

ummm....i'm not sure i understand...there are some things certain, and others not.....it all deppends on how they might be influenceable by certain factors. in the end some are certain....and others...you wait and see.
be more speciffic smile....i'd like to argument over this...

Old Post May 6th, 2004 12:29 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

sure dexx, give an example of something that is certain, cause certains means that it will never ever change, which is impossible to prove

Old Post May 6th, 2004 12:34 PM
Syren
dreaming

Rien n'est certain, cela est quelle vie de marques s'intéressant-il si.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 6th, 2004 12:51 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh djee Fire, you bastad, you know that last time I upsetted Storm with this stick out tongue

*tries to cotain self not to ruin Storm's happy mood*

Old Post May 6th, 2004 12:57 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I will participate in this thread as soon as I' m out off my playful mood. But I have no idea how long that will take big grin

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 12:59 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

in the meantime, I'll subscribe to one "Bully Storm with this" happy

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:00 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hehe

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:09 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

Certainty, I think, is a concept developed by those people who dont have the confidence, or maybe need the reassurance, that some things will not change. A constant by which they can live their lives.
Someone like me who takes everything as it comes thrives on the fact nothing is certain. It's half the reason I get out of bed each day!

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:20 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I agree with the confidence and reassurance part baylin

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:21 PM
Baylin
Back in story!

Even loving someone isnt a constant certain thing. By that I mean its not a constant thing thats stays the same for example

I love my wife lots, well at least most days anyway! But sometimes, as women are prone to being stick out tongue , she can be real pain in the ass and I'll dislike her immensely even to the point where I'd like to leave.
It's recognising the changes and then deciding what to do about it that's important. I like my life/wife so leaving would be really dumb so I ride with it and wait till she stops being a pain in the ass and "BING" I like her again.
Changes are important it's what helps us to grow and I dont think you can really enjoy what life has to offer if you dont grow, so clinging on to certainties is in my opinion like a waste of life.

Woo that was deep for me! eek!

Did that make sense? confused

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:34 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

yea but it aint because she's a pain that you dont love her anymore

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:35 PM