KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Practical application experiment.

Practical application experiment.
Started by: Peloquin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Practical application experiment.

For anyone interested in a practical application experiment of philosophy just for a bit of fun.

You will need a piece of fruit. Any fruit will do but it has to be fruit for this experiment. I'm going to use an Apple.

Take a seat, get comfortable and sit the Apple down in front of you on a table or whatever. What we want to do is love the Apple. Try your best to look on the Apple in the same way you would look on a loved one. For example, Lil B, imagine the Apple is Brad Pitt (heh heh). Emotionally, look on the apple with as much love as you can. Love the shape of it, the colour, imagine the taste as you sit there and imagine it to be the most delicious apple in all of creation. It is a perfect apple. You love this expression of perfection before you. Pour it out into the apple and imagine as you do so the Apple grows from that love. Feel a glow expanding from within the Apple. As the glow grows within, imagine the colour of the apple getting more vibrant because of it.

For all this use your imagination and emotional self. Now, continue to love your Apple for a good 10 minutes or so. Breath, relax, feel love and direct it into the Apple.

Now, clear your mind of all that. As best you can, sit in silence. Take the Apple in your hand and start to eat it. Take note of how you feel while you're eating it. Take note of any emotional changes or reactions you have while eating it. Is there any? What did you feel?

For anyone who tried this experiment please respond with any reactions and feelings you had. We can then expand on the idea.

Chillin out with my little Irish leprechaun, my faithful butler Jeeves and a ukulele playin Hawaiian midget. All is solid in Pel's world.

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:05 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Not to sound crazy or anything though but It was like I started to appreciate that damn apple. I started to eat it and it was the best apple I have ever had,easily.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:19 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
Not to sound crazy or anything though but It was like I started to appreciate that damn apple. I started to eat it and it was the best apple I have ever had,easily.

Thankyou very much for trying the experiment and responding.

If you wouldn't mind telling us...specifically, emotionally, what did you feel? what did eating the best apple you ever had produce within you?

For example: Did a smile come across your face almost uncontrollably?. Did you giggle? Did you feel a sense of Joy as you ate?. Basically did the apple reflect back at you what you poured into it? Any emotional content you felt that you received from eating the apple?

Anyone else who wants to try it...take note and ask yourself the same questions...let us know.

*Solo, I want to leave it to see if anyone else will try it out and what they felt before I go into the mechanics of it. Just don't want to alter any perceptions about the experiment before people have had a chance to try it*

Chillin out with my little Irish leprechaun, my faithful butler Jeeves and a ukulele playin Hawaiian midget. All is solid in Pel's world.

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:16 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Hmm... Sounds interesting, I'll give it a try when I have time...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:49 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And this is practical philosophy how? Looks like psychology to me.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 10:14 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

have to agree with ush

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 11:33 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Re: Practical application experiment.

man..that's freaky, but...

quote:
Originally posted by Peloquin
Now, continue to love your Apple for a good 10 minutes or so.

...What the f**k?..dude..this is just nasssssty. i mean come on!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 11:57 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I will give it a go when i have time and fruit, why the hell not.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jun 2nd, 2004 at 01:10 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 01:05 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

OK, first of all, when I read the 'experiment' I figured it was another of Peloquin's imaginative games.

So, me being me, I grabbed an orange from my fruit bowl and dropped it on the table in front of me. After staring at the thing for a good five minutes I felt my eyes becoming a little unfocused, so I switched my brain on, and began imagining the taste and texture of the orange. Still feeling like a bit of a prat.

After another couple of minutes, I started to see the detail on the skin and how pretty the colour actually was. So vibrant. I allowed myself to sigh, I have absolutely no idea why, but this orange was suddenly looking extremely attractive, I think Dexx will understand when I admit this feeling freaked me out. So I took up the orange, stomped into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. But I couldn't do it, I could not slice the damn thing. What the f**k?

I eventually plucked up the courage to split the orange in half with my knife, then into segments, all the while feeling as if I had killed something. Odd. It's still sitting next to me now, on a plate, all spliced up into bits. And I can't eat it.

Peloquin, thankyou, I don't think I'll ever look at an orange the same way again. I am now going to force myself to eat it. Poor orange

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:43 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahaha Sy, you have to eat the sucker right after 'loving' it.

Ok what philosophy am I talking about?....the idea that 'your thoughts create your reality'. Is it possible to change how we perceive an apple, for example, by changing the way we think about it. Can an ordinary apple become the 'best apple you've ever had' simply by focusing on it and thinking a certain way?. And yes I agree psychology has a lot to do with it. We're dealing with a human mind and it's effect on reality. All on how you perceive it but then what other way do you interact with reality?

Sorry if I offend, but I like to question, experiment and play with ideas. I find it to be fun.

Ok so when I first tried this experiment. I couldn't stop giggling when I was eating the apple. I asked myself why? When I ate the apple it seamed to give back what I just threw at it mentally, emotionally, energetically. Is it true that we get back that which we give? And if the concept itself is true in the small form of the experiment then how can I relate the process to everything in life. 'Your thought create your reality' it's a lovely idea...is there any truth to it? if so Waa-fu*king-hoo!! expand the idea and relate it to everything, if you choose you want to. (shrugs)

Also if you want to test the apple thing further...pour love into it and give it to someone without telling them anything about what you did. See if they mention anything about the apple. See if it's all in your head or did you actually alter the apple in reality? Test it for yourself, I'm just asking the question.

-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 11:52 PM
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Practical application experiment.

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
man..that's freaky, but...

...What the f**k?..dude..this is just nasssssty. i mean come on!

laughing *talking to apple* "Hey baby, can I buy you a drink"... laughing yeah no I don't think so. stick out tongue

The 'love' part in this is just a powerful emotion we can focus at something, it's just energy we're channeling into a point outside of our body...the apple. I say to use love because it's powerful energy, you'll drown that little apple in that power and alter it. You can sit there and hate the apple too, don't be surprised though if it makes you feel sick when you eat it. sick

laughing

-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 05:20 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

eek! Peloquin you mad ***** mad

You should have warned us about the possible consequences of falling in the love with the fruit!

I just tried the experiment with a banana, I dont think I should go into any detail, but lets just say it loved me right back... blink

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 09:45 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Baylin
eek! Peloquin you mad ***** mad

You should have warned us about the possible consequences of falling in the love with the fruit!

I just tried the experiment with a banana, I dont think I should go into any detail, but lets just say it loved me right back... blink

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

I ate my orange!! It was absolutely gorgeous, the taste, the texture, yet I kept having this terrible urge to stick the pieces back together What the f**k?

Perhaps I should have used a banana shifty

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 11:42 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, the experiment in itself is pure psychology. You can try and analyze it philisophically, of course.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 12:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I think that's the plan babe, if more people actually take the time to do the experiment, then we can start to compare results etc wink

It's pschologically 'how', but philosophically 'why'.......

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 12:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Errr, it is psychologically why as well...

I think it is probably the 'practical' that I picked up. Philosophy is never really so.

For example, you could run this past the Derren Brown crowd and most likely find that it is simple suggestion which has no relation to philosophy at all.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 03:32 PM
Syren
dreaming

Yeah, ok, I get that. I think Pel just wanted to get people interested, in a fun way. He's a fun loving guy!

OK Mike, what would you prefer to discuss? I'll satisfy your argumentative urges whistle

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 03:44 PM
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by Baylin

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 03:58 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Yeah, ok, I get that. I think Pel just wanted to get people interested, in a fun way. He's a fun loving guy!

OK Mike, what would you prefer to discuss? I'll satisfy your argumentative urges whistle

big grin

Ok lets take it up a notch....or ten.

I'm going to attempt an advanced form of this experiment. 'your thoughts create your reality' Ha ha ha.
I'm not going to post an explanation of what I'm going to try here. I'll send it to Sy and ask that She post it if and when it works. Might take some time...I only post this now as a time reference for the experiment.

*sits back with a smile on my face and waits*

-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 03:23 AM
Syren
dreaming

quote:
<<<<Experiment>>>>

Ok so an advanced form of the fruit experiment. If we can channel energy into a piece of fruit and received it back. What happens if we channel that same energy into a human. Sy has just boosted me like we boosted our piece of fruit. She has supported me here and defended me An act of love. I received it, grew from it, expanded my ability to then channel it back into something. What I'm going to channel it into is calling or manifesting a 'like minded person' to myself to come and join us here for a chat. "thoughts create your reality"

My thought: I call someone who shares my knowledge to this place.

Now I'll sit back and let 'reality' respond. Depending on how powerful the energy behind the thought was depends on how quickly 'reality' responds to my thought.

All I have done is held onto that thought deep within me, applied power and will to it, then let the thought go. Psychically E-mailed it out to the world. Fun fun, lets see if I get anything back

I figured I should just post this here, I had no instructions as to whether I should, but there's no other option......

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 06:47 AM