KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Speaking of Serial Killers and evil....

Speaking of Serial Killers and evil....
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

Worried Speaking of Serial Killers and evil....

I was reading the what is evil thread and serial killers came up a couple of times. I have read alot of books about killers in general. People who kill in a moment of passion, serial killers etc etc. I have always wondered though just what is it that makes a serial killer tick? Probably 90% of them come from horrific childhoods, but then you have the Ted Bundy's who didnt have a bad upbringing. SO I guess what I'm asking is, do you think these people were born this way? Do you think their circumstances were solely to blame? In other words, why do some people become serial killers? confused

I myself think that there is some kind of something in their makeup that leads them down that path.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:32 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Hereditary vs. Environment laughing out loud

And I believe people are born this way myself, with a small part of their brain incompassing this idea, and their upbringing just brings it out.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:36 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

There is no "evil gene", that only exists in the Simpsons stick out tongue

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:38 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

well now see I dont necessarily mean a gene
its hard to explain....just a something....a glimmer of inhumaness maybe...this is hard to describe

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:41 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

But see... You can't literally inherit something if there's no way to genetically code it... I can see how it would be possible for a kid to get messed up before being born if its mother was smoking or doing drugs or some shit like that while she was pregnant... But that also seems like it would kill the child erm

I don't know, personally, I don't think genetics have anything to do with it. I think it's just environmental. Yeah, you hear about serial killers who supposedly had good upbringings, but just because they had good parents doesn't mean they had a happy childhood. There are any number of things that could cause a kid to grow up abnormally that the parents would never have to know about.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:45 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Revan hun I dont mean something genetic, I mean something there lurking in the personality make up...ya know what I mean? This is so hard to describe...and thats a good point about kids with good parents not necessarily having a good childhood. Too many variables.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 04:48 AM
Darth Revan
-

Yeah, personality is a tough one... It's supposedly just a combination of genetics and environment, but it seems like there's more to it than that erm

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:12 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

so that being given...what do you think? a personality flaw so to speak? or is serial killing a "learned behavior", or a response to something external? This is a hard one to figure out. I'm gonna go to bed, maybe someone will have a theory to explain this in the morning! laughing

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:16 AM
Darth Revan
-

I think most things that go on in people's minds start externally, if not all of them. So it's a response, maybe subconscious, to something external, but it's not necessarily "learned".

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 05:22 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They're insane, not right in the membrain, ect.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 08:49 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

People become serial killers for different reasons. No one just wakes up one morning and decides to go kill someone.

We ALL have murder tendencies in us, but we suppress them, people who become serial killers do not suppress that, and just run with it. And the most dangerious serial killers are those who believe that what they are doing is not wrong, which almost all of them believe. If they didnt believe it at the begining, they convince themselfs that their acts are not wrong.

Dismissing serail killers as evil is too simplistic and its a wrong way to be looking at people like this.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:25 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

ok, but then what makes some of these people go back and have sex with the people they have already killed? And yes, I know thats pretty sick, but what causes that? That surely cant be somethng we all have inside of us that we repress, at least I hope not. Although I do very much agree with all people having the urge to kill at one point or another, I dont think we all have the urge to kill repeatedly or for sport the way some of these people do.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Jul 10th, 2004 at 11:16 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:13 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Nah, you misuderstood me. We all have murdurous tendencies in us, and people who run with it, once they kill it fulflles that urge, but thenafter it becomes much easier and addictive because if felt good the first time. Just like anything else, it becomes an addiction.

Most murderers and serial killers get a kick out of tourchering or murdering another person. it becomes exciting. Because this kind of act produces excitement in these people, they become sexualy arroused.
Text book examples of serial killers who kill and have sex with the corpse dont actually have sex with the corpse of the first person they murder, it usually happens later on.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jul 10th, 2004 at 11:43 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:40 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
(p.s. im doing a degree in criminology stick out tongue)

very cool smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:43 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Sorry, did an edit embarrasment

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 11:43 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Ok I have thought abuot this some more and while I agree with lil I still think there has to be some "flaw" some "glitch" in a persons wiring to make them do these things. For example, you look at people who have killed in the heat of the moment....like the mom who shot her abused childs abuser...those people probably never would have committed murder had they not been "pushed" in their minds to do so. And they would never kill again I dont think. I just really feels it has something to do with the way a person is wired so to speak.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 03:23 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Oh absolutely. I dont deny that no There are people who kill in self defence, or in a moment of rage, or even whe they dont mean to kill a person, sometimes those are crimes of passon etc.

I was only refering to those psychotic serial killers such as Ted Bundy, Charls Manson...etc! smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 03:38 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

There is nothing inherently 'insane' about serial killers, it's a matter of societal chains and norms.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:09 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

I believe that ed gein was possed by a demon at birth

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:11 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
There is nothing inherently 'insane' about serial killers, it's a matter of societal chains and norms.

are you suggesting that sirel killers arent evil?

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 10th, 2004 10:12 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote