KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Lts!

Lts!
Started by: matchbox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
matchbox

Lts!

LTS is a philosophy that Richard Dean Anderson introduced to me a while back, and it stands for LIFES TOO SHORT!!

if something isnt fun, dont do it!!

i have come to share this over the last year, and have changed my career and education plans to suit.

and one else believe that life is too short to do sh*t you not want to do?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 10:11 PM
matchbox is currently offline Click here to Send matchbox a Private Message Find more posts by matchbox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

If you honestly believe that, log off.

Much as I hate to have anything in common with MacGyver I'm a firm advocate of the LTS credo.

Thus you will never find me pissing away valuable seconds on a forum while I am anywhere other than bored at work.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 10:24 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Re: Lts!

quote:
Originally posted by matchbox

if something isnt fun, dont do it!!

though if both of you guyz believe this, then you simply have issues and that's the end of it

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 11:15 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I do that all the time. What's the problem?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 11:21 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinxy

Re: Lts!

quote:
Originally posted by matchbox
i have come to share this over the last year, and have changed my career and education plans to suit.

I don't think that you're future wife and kids will want to live in your parents basement.

Once you get out of college and start looking for a job you'll look back over your life with a "WIRWI" (Was it really worth it?) perspective.

Getting old only sucks as much as you let it.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2004 09:47 AM
Jinxy is currently offline Click here to Send Jinxy a Private Message Find more posts by Jinxy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matchbox

yeah i know, and after i have gone to uni, and actually get a good i will be happier doing that than doing the job i was going to do. sure it earns more money, but if i dont like it as much as this job whats the point in doing something you hate?

i want to be a designer now, i was all set up to be an accountant before, a bit of a career plan change dont you think?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:20 PM
matchbox is currently offline Click here to Send matchbox a Private Message Find more posts by matchbox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

University is fun and if it may not be fun, it is beyond worth doing! If you have an oppertunity to go to a higher education, i do not see why a person wouldnt take that chance, because threre are so many people out there who want to get a good education, but have no pooertunity for such thing.

You dont live life just for fun!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:25 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matchbox

ok my use of the word fun was for lack of a better word.

what i mean is that if you are not going to enjoy doing something, or enjoy the life you have to lead you shouldnt do something. you only live once and you have to be able to say you have enjoyed most of it. of coruse there are somethings that are not enjoyable to get through life, but when you are all grown up and in the working world you want to have a job that will sitimulate you, and it not just be a boring 9-5 job.

thats why i want to go to university, so i can get a job that will be of my choose, not one that i have 'settled' for, cos i could get the job i really wanted.

i seem to be going on about work alot, but at the end of the day you sepnd alot of your time at work, and it need to be a good, interesting ans sitmulating job.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 03:31 PM