KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » If you could go back in time to fix all the wrongs, would you?

If you could go back in time to fix all the wrongs, would you?
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

If you could go back in time to fix all the wrongs, would you?

I'm pretty much talking about 'The Butterfly Effect' thingy here, you have blackouts when your a kid so you write everything down in journels then reliese you can go back in time to fix the wrongs, would you?

I would.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 09:57 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Like in Quantum Leap? Yeah

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 10:16 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

No. I wouldn’t. I’m who I am today because of my past, despite my past or whatever wording you like.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:30 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

NO I wouldnt

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:34 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

nope

made by Scribble

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:40 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: If you could go back in time to fix all the wrongs, would you?

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
I'm pretty much talking about 'The Butterfly Effect' thingy here, you have blackouts when your a kid so you write everything down in journels then reliese you can go back in time to fix the wrongs, would you?

I would.

Well, I hated the movie because it was just another clone of time travelling storylines. And Ashton Kutcher can't act. stick out tongue

Anyways, I would travel in time. Try to change the events? Maybe, but if I had the power I would stop certain assasinations of the past. Ghandi, MLK, JFK, Lincoln, The PM of Israel (forgot his name), Fedinand, Zapata, Romero.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

WindDancer> (As far as I interpreted the answer it was changes in my OWN past).

But you would change things in the past. How do you know it would change anything for the better?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:56 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I don't think it would save the World. But for me those men didn't deserve to be assasinated. There are others, but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 04:59 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

if you could go back, theoretically speaking-then you will have learn nothing to benefit your future...we are the sum of our past good or bad, that sets our path towards the unknown future....changing our past just changes what and who we are and our reality...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:15 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Nope, i would not.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:16 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

I would save Lee Harver Oswald and question him so I could find out the real killer of JFK, BTW..........It's the mafia who dunnit

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 07:04 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Fëanor
if you could go back, theoretically speaking-then you will have learn nothing to benefit your future...we are the sum of our past good or bad, that sets our path towards the unknown future....changing our past just changes what and who we are and our reality...

My thoughts are that if the future hasn't happen it could be manipulate it. But then that's a lot of time traveling ideas. messed

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 12:30 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's people I'd stop from being killed or perhaps getting into events that would lead to their death. I'd also go and kill some people who should be dead.

I'd have Lee Harvey Oswald sitting in Kennedy's car so that when he gets shot LHO can stand up and shout "I TOLD YOU ****S IT WASN'T ME!"

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 05:53 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

No, I wouldn't. There are a shitload of things that nobody is happy about having happened, but every event, good or bad, adds up to create the present. No, JFK didn't deserve to be shot, but I believe that what happened happened and shouldn't have happened any other way.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 06:01 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

I’m with Darth here. What we are, you and me, and how the world looks today, is the result of what has happened in the past.
There’s the usual question: Would you shoot the young Adolf Hitler before he attained power in Germany?
Would that be killing an innocent? Could you be sure there wouldn’t just be ANOTHER lunatic instead of Hitler?
History is not made up of separate events that are not interrelated. If LHO had been prevented from assassinating JFK, perhaps another attempt would’ve succeeded a week later.

Yes, I’m opposed to the “Great Men” approach to history, which basically claims that history are created by a few singular individuals. It’s all connected.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 09:32 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Agreed.

The theory is that everything is connected. You mentioned the butterfly Effect, and yeah the flap of its wings could be related to a tornado on the other side of the world, or some guy being shot somewhere.

I wouldn't change anything...

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 09:44 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Isn't that chaos theory? confused

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 10:24 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah blink

Oh poo, i missed out chaos before theory....damn it blink

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 10:34 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

If by stopping the assasinations of these great men would not change the course of history.....well, I guess there is no point in saving them.......guess what? I STILL would try to stop those assasinations from happening. Oh! and also I would also stop the assasinations of some great women......just to show I'm not sexist. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 11:38 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

i wouldnt, ive learned alot from my mistakes

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 11:48 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote