KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Anyone hear about this before.... ?

Anyone hear about this before.... ?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Worried Anyone hear about this before.... ?

I have heard that there is secret codes in the Bible that both predict and tell what is currently happening in the world. These codes form words which tell us about this information. If anyone watches the History channel they recently aired a documentary of sorts describing and discussing these codes. The people discussing them were suppose to be experts who specialize in decoding these codes and analyzing them.

Here are two examples of the predictions.
The first said that there will be a great earthquake that will strike California in 2010.
The second said that there will be an astroid or comet that will strike the earth in 2012.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 03:25 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

First one: It is very possible that there will be a large earthquake in California. But I refuse to buy any kind of bull about how some old guy back in the year 20 discovered this. They didn't even know that part of the world existed then, much less that it was called California.

Second one: ...forgive me if I'm wrong, but if this is only 8 years away, I believe we would be able to see this thing right now?

And people have been "discovering" codes in the Bible for as long as it has existed. Numerous people have added up numbers in the Bible and predicted the end of the world, but it hasn't come yet, has it?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 04:01 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yea, If you wanna see it, then you can.
Its how you personally interpret it.
its a load of crap

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 04:20 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I suppose we will all have to wait and see. If it is a quote 'load of crap' then nothing will happen just like tons of other predictions that are false, but if it does happen then I will probably be extremely surprised and shocked.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 05:02 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Although I'm a Christian, I think that anyone can find a code in anything - what matters is if its really there.

And predicting that there will be an earthquake in California doesn't sound that amazing... Cali has a lot of earthquakes!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 12:20 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Indeed, Phoe. If there is coincidentally an earthquake in California in 2010, that still does not necessarily mean this "prediction" was true.

Thing is, there is not a single letter in the English alphabet that is not found in the Bible. Nor is there a single number that is not present. So theoretically, somebody could just make up a phrase, like "California earthquake 2010" and claim they found it in a "secret code" in the Bible.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 02:37 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pink_lippies
MeH!

Tru ,, thats why we have fanaticals like nostradamus that spend years writing shit-loads of books about stuff that dont really happen! smokin' laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 03:05 PM
pink_lippies is currently offline Click here to Send pink_lippies a Private Message Find more posts by pink_lippies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Ok well how about this prediction?

The second said that there will be an astroid or comet that will strike the earth in 2012.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 04:14 PM
Cipher
Non-Entity

This "code" was found with the intent of selling books and it has worked rather well. And its been around for several years now. I wouldn't lose much sleep
over it, if I were you....

What can we do if a comet hits the Earth? Pretty much nothing....

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 07:11 PM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Cipher
What can we do if a comet hits the Earth? Pretty much nothing....

Well we can panic!! Just kidding. I just thought I would see what people thought about all of this nothing more.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 07:22 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Prophecies, prophets and the ability to glimpse the future has fascinated humankind since the dawn of time.
Dare I say… Nostradamus, who wrote so cryptically, that his verses can be interpreted to mean… ANYTHING.
If I try hard enough even the label on my spinach-soup will predict the end of the world.

No one has ever - precisely and accurately - predicted a damn thing.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 07:59 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Wow, so you're telling me that in a book of over 1000 pages, with millions of words, and probably billions of letters, they are able to put some of those letters and numbers together randomly and decipher them into psuedo plausable, vague predictions?

That's a real achievment. Not.

This idea smells just like my toilet - shitty.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 08:08 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

BF> laughing

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 08:41 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Wow, so you're telling me that in a book of over 1000 pages, with millions of words, and probably billions of letters, they are able to put some of those letters and numbers together randomly and decipher them into psuedo plausable, vague predictions?

That's a real achievment. Not.

This idea smells just like my toilet - shitty.

laughing

To find a better comparison... it is like finding hidden words in a bowl of alphabets.

I can understand how people could arrive at such a conclusion, but why bother trying to predict the future? To avoid catastophe?

How can we prepare for an earthquake to strike California? Evacuate the state for the etirety of 2010? What the f**k?

... take the future as it comes.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 09:21 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
No one has ever - precisely and accurately - predicted a damn thing.

How can you be sure have you revised every single prediction made by every single person in the world?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 12:54 AM
Darth Revan
-

She can't, she's saying that it's impossible to predict the future, in most cases. The exception would be if there is some physical proof--like, you can tell a hurricane is about to strike Florida by looking at satellite pictures.

And the same thing I said goes for the comet/asteroid prediction. I can easily go through the Bible, probably even one page of it, and piece together a phrase like that.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 02:16 AM
Cipher
Non-Entity

The only kind of prediction that is real is the kind based on where current trends might lead in the future.....

Old Post Sep 16th, 2004 03:08 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Bible Code findings

A book has recently been published (includes Bin Laden) that mainly concentrates on searches for words contained in the Book of Revelation. It is 'The Future Prospects for the World According to the Bible Code' by Joseph Noah there is also a short review on the Book List page in the Bible Code section.
A lot of significant new details, particularly for the period 2010 - 2012, have been discovered so I will outline them here but I also recommend reading the whole book as there is a lot more in it than what is included here. I am a bit sceptical about some of the findings, and the methods used, but the results are interesting.

The tribulation time will be between 2005 and 2012 when 4,000,000,000 people will die.

2005 - False Arab/ Israeli peace treaty signed.

2006 - New Temple in Israel. Arab/Asia alliance formed.

2008 - Temple desecrated and 2 prophets killed in Jerusalem.

2010 - 3rd World War. H bombs used. Biological warfare causes the 'boils' pestilence. The asteroid falls in 3 pieces - on California, Utah and western Nevada. California sinks and floods. The Earth's crust slips relative to the rotation axis giving a pole shift of 5 degrees.

2011 - 3 asteroids hit Russia causing a 10° pole shift.

2012 - 3 asteroids hit China causing another 10° pole shift. Japan and the Philippines are lost underwater.

There is also an undated prediction of the impact of the 'Wormwood' asteroid into the Arabian Gulf.

(please log in to view the image)

Codes have been found suggesting that after 2010 no children will be born alive until 2045. The last child born will be a reincarnation of Adam who will be born to a community of people, numbering 144,000, who will have collected together from all over the world. These people will be reincarnated souls of Moses original followers and they will keep things together for 40 years until recovery starts in 2045.

The source of these asteroids will be Phobos, Mars' moon, according to this study, which is unlikely but possible. Phobos will be knocked out of Mars orbit and broken into 7 fragments which then fall onto the Earth. The fragment that hits America will be broken into 3 pieces by the Americans with a missile attack. In Revelation this is the red dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:31 PM
Demarthl

take any book of any language tell a decoder dude to find 'the world is gonna end blah blah blah' they'll find a pattern somehwere that makes it up, all tihs

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:39 PM
Demarthl is currently offline Click here to Send Demarthl a Private Message Find more posts by Demarthl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

oh god im shaking in my boots!

hahahaha

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:39 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote