KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » is 'GOD' a bad guy.

is 'GOD' a bad guy.
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

is 'GOD' a bad guy.

Assuming that there is a 'god' thing:

Can it be assumed that he IS a villain.

How can people say that he was responsible for the creation of realitty and the universe, but he wasnt responsible for things like the holocaust.

If he existed, then he should be either responsible for EVERYTHING or NOTHING. There should not be a god that is respnsible for some things, but not others.

If he is responsible for nothing, then he is not worth worshipping and not worth being categorised as a god.
If he is responsible for everything, then he is responsible for things like the holocaust, and he does not deserve to be worshipped or categorised as a god.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 02:53 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Celestialgirl
What your passion?

he wasn't responsible for the holocaust he just let it happen because God had to test people's strength ro see how much they could bare without him

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:26 PM
Celestialgirl is currently offline Click here to Send Celestialgirl a Private Message Find more posts by Celestialgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by Celestialgirl
he wasn't responsible for the holocaust he just let it happen because God had to test people's strength ro see how much they could bare without him

lol OH PLEASE.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:27 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Yes. He is a cruel son of a ***** if he exists.

Which he doesn't. no expression

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:28 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Indeed Darth Revan is right. If God was Omnipotent he would have known from the beginning what will happen when he creates mankind ergo he is responsible if he exist. Damn he is one sick **** now isn't he?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:31 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

The pain in the ass about Judgement Day is that they keep delaying it....2000....oops, 2001...2002....2003...blah.
I gave up LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago on the Judgement Day theorem.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:32 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Celestialgirl
What your passion?

hey whatever you've your opinion and I've stated mine.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:33 PM
Celestialgirl is currently offline Click here to Send Celestialgirl a Private Message Find more posts by Celestialgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Wrong thread. Sorry.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 05:34 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope. He's a good guy but we suck as a species.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 06:26 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

we indeed do
with or without God

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 06:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

According the old Testament, God created good and evil.... (Isaiah) and as supreme being, he is chief of good, and chief of evil... he is in fact, the epitome of all things... the Book of Enoch (excised from the Bible around 200AD) does, however, hint that the victor in the War in Heaven was actually the Rebel Angel (variously described as Satan or Lucifer...) In the Book of Job, God explicitly instructs Satan (who in this book appears to be a faithful servant of God) to destroy Job's life to test Job's faith... Interestingly enough, in the early Christian church, Jesus was often known by the epithet "Lucifer" which means Light Bringer...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:05 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

The Judaeo-Christian God was only split into Good and Evil halves after Jewish encounters with the duallistic religions of mesopotamia, for example Zoroastrianism.... and originally, Jehovah was only one of many gods (or "Elohim") worshipped by the hebrews... later he did a deal with the hebrews that if they worshipped him as supreme and neglected their other gods, he would make them a great nation...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:08 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Why would god be a bad guy?The devil is the one that is bad.God is supose to be good.Where do you guys get your facts?JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:09 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

No he's not a bad guy (assuming he's male), he just isn't going to step in and solve our problems for us. He hopes that as a race we can overcome our own problems, because if he has to keep stepping in and stopping us from screwing up all the time, then our existence is basically pointless. He created us so us being here is a direct result from God, but that doesn't mean that every time something terrible on earth begins to take place he is going to step in and stop it. He probably figures that if we're stupid enough to kill our own race off and humans cease to exist because of that, then we didn't deserve to exist in the first place.

Now I don't believe in God, so I basically just answered the question how I would if I did believe in God. In reality, God's not the bad guy, human beings are the bad guy. God won't end life on earth, we will.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:23 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
If he is responsible for nothing, then he is not worth worshipping and not worth being categorised as a god.
If he is responsible for everything, then he is responsible for things like the holocaust, and he does not deserve to be worshipped or categorised as a god.

Not responsible, allowed it to happen. With free will, it is people who are responsible for their own choices.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 07:34 AM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: is 'GOD' a bad guy.

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Assuming that there is a 'god' thing:

Can it be assumed that he IS a villain.

How can people say that he was responsible for the creation of realitty and the universe, but he wasnt responsible for things like the holocaust.

If he existed, then he should be either responsible for EVERYTHING or NOTHING. There should not be a god that is respnsible for some things, but not others.

I never understand why people always ask..."why did God let this happen"? Simple fact is, shit happens. God gave humanity free will, and chose to stay out of the lives of humanity, but let them come to him.God is perfect,but humanity is not.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 09:26 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah but that makes God a bad guy since he would know everything thatg will happen in the Universe and how screwed up earth and huimanity will be and he still created us while knowing that Hitler is going to kill millions of people and that terroerists are going to kill people in his name, I mean sure if he never had stepped down to the people and said "Yo you have to worship me" then non of thos **** would have happened, Hitler couldn't have killed jews if there weren't any. So He is bad or at least indolent if he actually exists.
Now I choose not to belive in him, if there will ever be proof that he exists I will choose not to like him.

If he's not becoming a facist idiot at that moment and makes me belive in him, that is.

That just like George Bush (not only him most politicans and people that have the power to change something) having the power to do good in the world but just not doing it, I say **** free will people should live good. (Yeah I know I am kind of Brave New World there)

Now I belive that Humans should serve Humankind, but they can have good lives at the same time can't they?

Last edited by Bardock42 on Dec 19th, 2004 at 11:16 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:11 AM
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Why would god be a bad guy?The devil is the one that is bad.God is supose to be good.Where do you guys get your facts?JM
What has the devil done wrong.God has done more bad than the devil. Rememder the story of Noah.He killed all the people.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:16 AM
wuk es't is currently offline Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah I bet the Devil was a Guy who liked humanity and wanted to stop god from being an ******* so he rebeled against him, and God , as the sick **** he is, told everyone that actually the Devil is the bad one, and not htat his sadist ideas are actually what causes everything bad on earth.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:39 AM
DuronKiller
loves you

god lets shit happen.... but according to the bible the death we know is not the final death... so i guess, to god these deaths are nothing more than a long sleep.... all people will wake up again at the time of the judgement day.... then the "bad" people will have to stay on earth for a while more with all their sins and all bad and lucifer and his fallen angels.... the "good" people will go to heaven and live there without sins and bad forever...
so... in my opinion god is a good guy.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:40 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote