KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » The Truth

The Truth
Started by: Philosophicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Truth

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my arrogance. But think about this: if I wasn't arrogant, all this discussions about it would've never took place. By being arrogant I made many people here talk about arrogance and thinking about it. So, it can't be all that bad. I mean, I stirred things up here - I created a new talking point!

Also bear in mind that my arrogant behaviour might also be due to the fact that I suffer from mental disorders such as Clinical Depression, Anxiety disorder, ADHD, obsessive compulsive behaviour and Megalomania. I'm on strong medication for all of these.

Anyway, I'm sincerely sorry for having been a bit agressive. Actually it was also part of a psychological experiment - probing intelligent people's reaction on my personality. There are, however, a few who didn't think I was arrogant, or at least wasn't offended or bothered by it.

Also, I'm not really a Professor in Philosophy - also an experiment to see whether people would react different to my views while under the impression that I am a professor in my area, but it proved negative - I got the same amount of possitive and negative feedback. In real life I'm a computer programmer who does philosophy and poetry in my free time - I'm a published poet by the way by VoicesNet and Meeting of the Minds Journal, both based in the USA.

Again, my appologies. Hope everyone forgives me. smile

I will also leave this forum now, as I feel I have accomplished in what I set out to do.

Farewell. smokin'

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:43 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

At least to 3 members, including myself, it was as plain as the nose on your face that you weren' t a professor in philosophy at all.
A psychological experiment while you suffer from mental disorders yourself... the irony.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 08:45 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Also, I'm not really a Professor in Philosophy
duh!!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 12:07 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

Like I said, if he was a professor of philosophy then I would feel sorry for his students.

Big shocker that he isnt.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 01:06 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by clickclick
Like I said, if he was a professor of philosophy then I would feel sorry for his students.

Big shocker that he isnt.

Big shocker?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 01:15 PM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

big shocker as in an ironical intention

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 01:45 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote:
I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my arrogance.

Due to the fact that you are apologizing for a myriad of lies and manipulations, why would you think that others may not think this is not more of the same?

quote:
But think about this: if I wasn't arrogant, all this discussions about it would've never took place. By being arrogant I made many people here talk about arrogance and thinking about it. So, it can't be all that bad. I mean, I stirred things up here - I created a new talking point!

You created animosity and encouraged conflict for nothing other than your own personal amusement, that is not noble, but very sad.

[QUOTE]Also bear in mind that my arrogant behaviour might also be due to the fact that I suffer from mental disorders such as Clinical Depression, Anxiety disorder, ADHD, obsessive compulsive behaviour and Megalomania. I'm on strong medication for all of these.
Also, I'm not really a Professor in Philosophy - also an experiment to see whether people would react different to my views while under the impression that I am a professor in my area, but it proved negative - I got the same amount of positive and negative feedback. In real life I'm a computer programmer who does philosophy and poetry in my free time - I'm a published poet by the way by VoicesNet and Meeting of the Minds Journal, both based in the USA. [QUOTE]

This is by no means a surprise.

So all this has been the work of a forum troll. I do hope the moderators comment to the inappropriateness of your behaviour.

Earlier you stated that you never lie unless your life is at risk. Seeing that that is a complete untruth, all that you say now, and all of your previous arguments mean nothing. The philosophies and theories that mean so much to you and that you say you have spent so much time on are now trivialized.

You insulted others and encouraged not intellectual debate, but childish behaviour. You ask for forgiveness, yet knowing that this may again be a form of manipulation, many can not give that forgiveness. It is sad that you have put yourself in such an unenviable spot where your word means nothing.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 01:53 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Earlier you stated that you never lie unless your life is at risk. Seeing that that is a complete untruth, all that you say now, and all of your previous arguments mean nothing. The philosophies and theories that mean so much to you and that you say you have spent so much time on are now trivialized. "

My philosophical theories still retain their meaning as philosophy, but YOU ARE REFERING TO THE 'TRIVIALITY' AND 'MEANINGLESSNESS' OF MY PERSONALITY/CHARACTER - NOT MY PHILOSOPHY, THE TWO ARE DISTINCT.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:01 PM
finti

quote:
YOU ARE REFERING TO THE 'TRIVIALITY' AND 'MEANINGLESSNESS' OF MY PERSONALITY/CHARACTER - NOT MY PHILOSOPHY, THE TWO ARE DISTINCT.
yeah distinct in lala land perhaps

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:03 PM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, **** off you brainless fly!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:06 PM
finti

yeah look whos talking laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:07 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

This should have taken place in private.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:14 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah look who's talking laughing out loud I didn't know a brainless fly can talk.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:16 PM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

This is sad, very very sad.sad

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 03:26 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

yeah tell me about it

Last edited by finti on Jan 18th, 2005 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 03:27 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This has nothing to do with Philosophy.

Closed

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 03:38 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote