KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who is to blame for Anakin's fall

Who is to blame for Anakin's fall
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Who is to blame for Anakin's fall

This is a vitally important question. What caused the fall of Anakin Skywalker, an event that has had arguably the largest single set of ramifications in Galactic history?

I firmly believe that there were many factors that led to Anakin's decline into the evil Darth Vader, from Palpatine's machinations to Anakin's own inner darkness. However, it is clear that there is one major individual responsible for the transformation of one of the most powerful Jedi in history into the chief destroyer of the Jedi Order. That individual?

Ki-Adi-Mundi.

This vile individual had the chance to arrest Anakin's decline for two critically important reasons.

Firstly - one of Anakin's key sticking points was that his love and marriage of Padme was forbidden. This is true - except in the case of our dastardly Cerean. Why is this?

The man had not only one wife - he had four. This is a 400% increase in Anakin's wives at the time of his fall.

To add some context: this is like Anakin being able to get with Padme, as well as Ahsoka Tano, Shaak Ti, and Aayla Secura. The guy had his own conehead harem!

Well, that's pretty bad - but Ki-Adi has nothing to do with Anakin's second issue, does he? He surely wouldn't have been promoted to the rank of Jedi Master without fully training a padawan, right?

Wrong.

This crazy guy got away with it, flying in the face of Jedi tradition at the time.

All he had to do was speak up at that fateful council meeting - but he didn't. He could have vouched for Anakin, or at least raised the issue of special treatment. But he didn't.

He only piped up to say something wrong (e.g. Darth Maul not a Sith, Dooku not a Sith), which leads to an ancillary issue of Mundi possibly being a Sith agent.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

In summation: more than any other single individual, it is the contention of this post that Ki-Adi-Mundi is the individual mostly responsible for Anakin's fall.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:10 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jayce78
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uhhhhhhhhhhh . . .Okay . . . .

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:19 AM
Click here to Send jayce78 a Private Message Find more posts by jayce78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'm just gonna keep it simple, and say that Palpy was responsible. He's the one that fed ANAKIN all the BS, and ANAKIN was dumb enough to believe him....so I guess, it's both their faults to be precise.

Palpy: I have the power to save the one you love.
(Anakin cuts off Mace's arm, he gets thrown out the window.)

Then all the sudden-
Palpy: To cheat death, the power only one has achieve, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret.

Right then and there, Anakin should have been like "I thought you already knew the secret" AKA he should have realize that he was being played.

You see, I love ROTS, but this is one aspect of the movie I hated, because it made Anakin look like a complete idiot.

I like George.

Last edited by Sith Master X on Nov 20th, 2009 at 04:51 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:47 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I see some EU in the OP I believe...queeq, you're slacking.

Either way, isn't it kind of like a suicide victim? Not one single event can be blamed or be the cause, it was everything building up since foreverish. Bad childhood as a slave, started as a Jedi late, mother died in his arms, fell in love with Padme and had the huge risk of losing her, the Clone Wars in general, a politician with the possible solution to cheat death. All these things and more were factors into him falling. Not just one person or event.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 04:51 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Yes, alot of things were building up, but Palps took all those things and put them into motion. Anakin was a hot head, but in a matter of one scene, he goes from a lifetime of being a Jedi, to a Sith, in a literal heartbeat.

Palpatine put him on the council knowing the Jedi wouldn't grant him the rank of a master, and he knew it would tick Anakin off and he would grow to resent the Jedi. I agree Anakin had a tough life early on, but if it weren't for Sidious, who would have taken on Anakin as an apprentice, or fed him a bunch of bull that ultimately lead him to turn his back on the Jedi?

I like George.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Only one persion is responsible: Anakin himself. He made tha choice between right and wrong. Both points of view were amply presented to him and he chose.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2009 07:59 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

queeq!

No warning about EU? You're not getting old on me are ya? sad

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2009 01:12 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

His mother is to blame for not getting an abortion...

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 08:09 AM
Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

No, I think he is getting bored with Star Wars. Such a shame.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 06:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well... the reference was minor and not very crucial. But if I can please you all: NO EU!!! mad

There, done it. wink

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 11:37 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I feel much better now. Order is still kept! smile

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 06:06 PM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedireaper
His mother is to blame for not getting an abortion...

That was really uncalled for.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:34 AM
Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

yes, that is harsh

If the force created Anakin, then that would be impossible

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 07:13 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Even by the Antiforce?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:31 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

If antimatter exists, then yes

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:28 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I always thought Palpy's little explanation on Darth Plagueis being able to "create life" was a hint, and it's pretty made out to be that he was the Emperor's master. Just looking at his face when he tells Anakin the story gives it away, and the little glances he gives him too. Perfectly executed without coming out and stating a fact one way or the other. It's pretty much GL's way of letting the audience draw their own conclusions.

So yeah, the force created Anakin most likely because somebody manipulated it.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 04:18 AM
queeq
Chaos

I dunno... the whole thing is weird anyway. Who conceived Anakin: the Force or the midichlorians? In TPM both arguments are given by QGJ. So are we then to think Shmi got injected with an overdose of midichlorians or something?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:19 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Complicated isn't it? lol What is sounds like to me is that somebody used "the force" to manipulate or influence the midichlorians "to create life" as Papatine put it.

So the way I see it, the Force is Anakin's father because it was manipulated to change the midichlorians, but somebody had to have been controlling the force for this to happen.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 06:34 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Plageus influenced the midiclorians to create Anakin.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 12:58 AM
queeq
Chaos

It just gets worse all the time. I only wished Lucas never dragged these bloody midi's into the saga. And why???? Oh why??? We never hear from them again...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 10:45 AM