KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Savage Opress vs Count Dooku(Canon)

Savage Opress vs Count Dooku(Canon)
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Savage Opress vs Count Dooku(Canon)

Winner gets to be apprentice to Darth Sidious.

To the death, no messing around.

Canon feats only.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 01:29 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku unless Savage is blood-lusted hard-core

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Seems like a thread with a decisive winner in my eyes.

Did someone hack Carth's account?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Savage got dis

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:56 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

^ How?

IMO Dooku stomps. Not sure how Savage could win.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nah Dooku is outmatched.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 03:18 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Dooku SLAUGHTERHOUSE's?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:57 PM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Dooku wins, lol.

The only way in which Savage could have a chance is if he's bloodlusted as ****. If he's not, he's going down hard.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Dooku.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:18 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

We've never really seen a pissed off Dooku have we?

He always seems to be messing with his foes.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:51 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Tyranus, definitely.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:56 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
^ How?

IMO Dooku stomps. Not sure how Savage could win.
I think it's pretty likely that Savage can block lightning and we see what happens when he lands a good hit. Doesn't hurt that since their fight Savage's power is growing by the day, as sensed by Dooku himself across the galaxy.

I mean realistically Savage would never beat Dooku but I like making the case.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:33 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

In a 1v1, Dooku with me every time, even if Savage gets blood lusted.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ILS
I think it's pretty likely that Savage can block lightning and we see what happens when he lands a good hit. Doesn't hurt that since their fight Savage's power is growing by the day, as sensed by Dooku himself across the galaxy.

I mean realistically Savage would never beat Dooku but I like making the case.

How can Savage block lightning, when even Maul can't? smile

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

oppress force blasted kenobi+anakin. Kenobi become a forc eghost like yoda so he =yoda. Sidious said anakin will becomemore powerful than yoda +sidious so anakin>yoda+sidious. Therefore oppress > two yoda's and a sidious. Oppress stomps

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
How can Savage block lightning, when even Maul can't? smile
deleted scene pls

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 09:56 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Tyranus, obviously. That disarming blow in Witches of the Mist is obviously a one-off and not something that happens every time they clash blades. Especially since Canon only has Dooku sizing up to Anakin and Yoda's strength just fine.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 11:14 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nova, you've literally given me cancer with these arguments over the years. "One off" =/= can't ever happen again, especially given Savage's growth since the fight. Anakin isn't as strong as Savage, which is just obvious. Yoda isn't as strength-based a fighter as Opress, lacks his physical mass, or for whatever contrived reason you want to hunt down, isn't capable of batting Dooku away like a fly - unless he was holding back in AotC, which alongside his non-strength based style seems to make the most logical sense for why he didn't. Yoda is obviously stronger than Opress via his parity with Sidious, but it's about how they apply their strength.

Also, let's talk about the fact Savage frigging did it in the first place. Not Anakin, not Grievous, not Yoda - Savage did it. I'm pretty sure the way it works is that if there's visual proof of someone doing something, there's an extremely massive possibility that they can do that thing.

You can jump through as many mental loops as you like, but Dooku being able to meet Savage's full strength in a duel is just unrealistic. And I don't even know why it's such a hard pill to swallow. It's possibly the shittest hand Dooku could ever be dealt style-wise. Savage is a Force monster who is retardedly big and strong and bases his entire fighting style around using that strength. Dooku is 80, and while impressive for his age, is relatively frail in this situation. Hence why his style revolves around not meeting someone like Savage's strength head-on. He turned his weakness into his greatest asset, indicating intelligence which you don't seem inclined to honour, despite being such a devout supporter of his.

In my opinion, you're pissing on Dooku's shoes by ascribing abilities to him that are fictional. Every character has strengths and weaknesses, and sometimes styles make for lopsided fights.

If you can't accept what is possibly Dooku's only frigging weakness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1DcD8e55YY

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 11:52 PM
UCanShootMyNova

ILS just caused Nova to turn into a black hole. smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 11:59 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by ILS
Nova, you've literally given me cancer with these arguments over the years. "One off" =/= can't ever happen again, especially given Savage's growth since the fight. Anakin isn't as strong as Savage, which is just obvious. Yoda isn't as strength-based a fighter as Opress, lacks his physical mass, or for whatever contrived reason you want to hunt down, isn't capable of batting Dooku away like a fly - unless he was holding back in AotC, which alongside his non-strength based style seems to make the most logical sense for why he didn't. Yoda is obviously stronger than Opress via his parity with Sidious, but it's about how they apply their strength.

Also, let's talk about the fact Savage frigging did it in the first place. Not Anakin, not Grievous, not Yoda - Savage did it. I'm pretty sure the way it works is that if there's visual proof of someone doing something, there's an extremely massive possibility that they can do that thing.

You can jump through as many mental loops as you like, but Dooku being able to meet Savage's full strength in a duel is just unrealistic. And I don't even know why it's such a hard pill to swallow. It's possibly the shittest hand Dooku could ever be dealt style-wise. Savage is a Force monster who is retardedly big and strong and bases his entire fighting style around using that strength. Dooku is 80, and while impressive for his age, is relatively frail in this situation. Hence why his style revolves around not meeting someone like Savage's strength head-on. He turned his weakness into his greatest asset, indicating intelligence which you don't seem inclined to honour, despite being such a devout supporter of his.

In my opinion, you're pissing on Dooku's shoes by ascribing abilities to him that are fictional. Every character has strengths and weaknesses, and sometimes styles make for lopsided fights.

If you can't accept what is possibly Dooku's only frigging weakness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1DcD8e55YY

Okay, if you get cancer, all the better. You're not even interpreting my argument correctly. **** off. **** right off. smile

Firstly, I didn't say it can't ever happen again. I said it won't happen every single time they ****ing clash blades, because that's ridiculous. I mean, honestly, do you actually think that every single time they clash blades Dooku is going to flying again?

Consider Savage with his "growth after the fight". Turtle Tanker fight with Ventress, the Adi Gallia fight, etc. - where on ****ing Earth does Savage send them flying or disarm them in one blow? Never. Want a good reason for that? Because he isn't strong enough to send people of any respectable caliber flying with one strike. There's circumstances to his feat with Dooku.

The fact that Dooku suddenly went from dodging blow after blow from Savage (and easily, at that) to actually trying to block the strikes should tell you something. Clearly, he positioned himself poorly, which necessitated that he actually engage Savage's blade instead of dodging again. On top of that, Savage would've been building up momentum with all of his strikes that he missed. So a combination of momentum on Savage's part and poor positioning on Dooku's part is why Savage managed that one shot.

Obviously, Dooku would be an utter ****pot to meet Savage's blows head-on. He'll tire himself quickly and unnecessarily. But seeing as Savage has improved since WotM, it's only natural that their blades will connect at some point or other. And when that happens, despite the toll it'll take on Dooku's reserves, it won't be sending him flying once again. Dooku can ****ing engage Yoda in a saberlock for extended periods of time. Yes, it'll be tiring, but he's met greater strength before and he can do it again. Savage is not sending Dooku flying on first contact with a blade. And yes, if the circumstances match the ones in WotM, then Savage will be doing it again. In fact, he won't even need much momentum, since, as you said, he's gotten stronger. I doubt that'll happen - by choice, at least, because Dooku's learned his lesson. If you want to argue that Savage can contend with Dooku blade-wise long enough to tire him out, then that's fine. But don't ****ing argue - or even imply - that every blade clash will result in Dooku flying.

And that's all I was contesting - that Dooku isn't going to go flying every time their blades meet. Nowhere did I insinuate that Dooku can meet Savage's strength head-on without consequence, or that power blows don't constitute a problem to him. Seriously, just ****ing read, pommy *****. smile

So https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KVIfpNG4w.

Last edited by SunRazer on Jan 17th, 2017 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote