KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Lloyd's of London and Greene King to make slave trade reparations

Lloyd's of London and Greene King to make slave trade reparations
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...AndroidApp_Copy

Nice to see this.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 12:15 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tru-marvell

I'm not saying that reparations for slavery is wrong, in fact it should have been done then for 2 generations I think, but doing a purely monetary payment today would be a shit show.
Perhaps something along the lines of free tuition and board up to a 4 year degree, no tax burden including property tax....

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 02:20 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tru-marvell
I'm not saying that reparations for slavery is wrong, in fact it should have been done then for 2 generations I think, but doing a purely monetary payment today would be a shit show.
Perhaps something along the lines of free tuition and board up to a 4 year degree, no tax burden including property tax....
I don't disagree, I work with some charities here in Africa and money often vanishes, same with politicians and money.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 02:22 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Anyone in this day and age that receive reparations when they themselves weren’t slaves, or knows any members of their families that were slaves are useless scums that needs to stop reproducing.

Let me hear all the whining.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 04:07 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

how many of those enslaved are still alive? Give me a rough estimate.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 04:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
how many of those enslaved are still alive? Give me a rough estimate.
I can't help you don't like this thread.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 04:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I can't help you don't like this thread.

Lol is this the new strategy? I'm allowing it.

Anyways, got that number or no?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 04:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol is this the new strategy? I'm allowing it.

Anyways, got that number or no?
I cannot help you do not like my reply or position.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 04:53 PM
Flyattractor

New Name on The Old Game of Political Bribery.

The More things Change....

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 05:52 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

So what’s the amount?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 05:53 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh You THINK ONE Payment will be Enough?

You don't know how BRIBERY WORKS!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2020 05:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rhodes statue: tech boss pledges to cover funds pulled by 'racist donors'

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 11:15 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Perhaps you could merge this into the blm thread mods.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 11:20 AM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Anyone in this day and age that receive reparations when they themselves weren’t slaves, or knows any members of their families that were slaves are useless scums that needs to stop reproducing.

Let me hear all the whining.

Well said, Squall.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 06:07 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nice to see this.

Something something Irish reparations first.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 05:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Something something Irish reparations first.
I don't disagree 800 years was a long time. However, Ireland is profiting greatly from Brexit in terms of employment, so many companies have relocated there.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 11:01 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sounds like you're saying Ireland should be happy with Britain's sloppy seconds.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 06:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like you're saying Ireland should be happy with Britain's sloppy seconds.
Haha, nah, but fortune rises as fortune falls.

Roisin Dubh mate.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 06:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Haha, nah, but fortune rises as fortune falls.

Roisin Dubh mate.

laughing out loud

In all seriousness, the only time i think reparations are really justified is immediately after the fact. Like in WW2.

If they want to pay for what they did back in the slave trade, actually working to stabilise large parts of Africa would be a start.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 08:46 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

In all seriousness, the only time i think reparations are really justified is immediately after the fact. Like in WW2.

If they want to pay for what they did back in the slave trade, actually working to stabilise large parts of Africa would be a start.
in some ways I don't disagree, I work at times with charities out here and the level of corruption is ridiculous.

These are extreme levels of African hilarity

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news...shehu-sani.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-43030827

And if anything my experience with some charities is they aren't much better.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 08:56 PM