KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spiderman web cartridges

Spiderman web cartridges
Started by: blackicedragoon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blackicedragoon
Brian the Dog

Spiderman web cartridges

rolling on floor laughing I know in the movie there were no spidey cartridges, but in the cartoon there were so is there 2 different stories? and if there are do you think they should have had spidey use web cartridges. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 03:12 AM
blackicedragoon is currently offline Click here to Send blackicedragoon a Private Message Find more posts by blackicedragoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

In the comic and cartoon Spidey used web-cartridges. But they figured it would be too hard to have them in the movie and hey the web's gonna be CG anyway.

And I totally think Spidey should have had them. Because in both the comic and cartoon, he built them himself. Showing that you know, education is good. If you have it you can swing from the Empire State Building!!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 06:39 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackicedragoon
Brian the Dog

Yea, it would be cool if they used them in the movie.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 04:33 PM
blackicedragoon is currently offline Click here to Send blackicedragoon a Private Message Find more posts by blackicedragoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Didnt Spidey igured out how to bild webbing after he was bitten by the spider??? I think he said that the spider that bit him also showed him the formula to make the webbing.

I think its cooler without the web cartriges because it shows how Spidey mutated into a human spider. But if he mutated the web shold come out from his ass.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 12:29 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
borgasm???
sexy munky

well, since the movie went with organic webbing anyway, they should have introduced them with a scene where peter parker wakes up to find he can't get his blanket off because of all this white sticky goo everywhere, and he doesn't know where it came from. no messed yes whistle

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 01:32 AM
borgasm??? is currently offline Click here to Send borgasm??? a Private Message Find more posts by borgasm??? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i have read a book about making the movie of spider-man, and the reason that raimi and his crew didn't include web cardriges because they thought that a teenager wouldn't be that advanced or smart enought to invent them. to make things seem more realistic in the teenage world and mind. like demonic gambit said, it would be a wast of material and time. spidey doesn't have a whole lot of gadgets to play with, so the idea of having the web cardriges or not doesn't bother me.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 02:30 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

in the comics spidey had cartridges???? i thought he like built it inside of him along with the spider bite??? wow mind blower

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 03:11 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

He said the spider showed him how to make the webbing not the cartridge. I remember that episode.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 04:39 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
borgasm???
sexy munky

peter being able to crack the code on the chemicals would have been more realistic than his organic webbing conveniently shooting out of his wrists.
they could of at least had him invent a tube from his ass to his palms.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 07:20 AM
borgasm??? is currently offline Click here to Send borgasm??? a Private Message Find more posts by borgasm??? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lt.Columbo
Columbo Crazy!

It wouldm be great if they were in the movie! He could finish a web cartrige whilst in the air and quikly have to change, it'd be cool!

Lord of the Rings:Online Group---Please Join!

The Playstation2 Place---Please Join!

L+.©0lUm80

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 06:19 PM
Lt.Columbo is currently offline Click here to Send Lt.Columbo a Private Message Find more posts by Lt.Columbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Now that would be sweet.

Seeing him racing himself for his own life.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 09:34 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

He used to just have the refill cartridges in his hidden belt or something, then when he ran out just pop in a new one.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2003 10:54 PM
Darth Vicious

Also there were times when he ran out completly while in mid air and had to improvise to get himself out of that predicament, i wouldve like to see the cartridges and since peter is a science nerd it wouldve made perfect sense!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 09:15 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Yeah, darn those movie makers

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 09:22 PM
DeepThought
Salmon of Doubt!

Thats why he always had that trademark middle and ring finger in the palm of his hand; thats where the button to shoot the web was. They kept the finger position for the movie and made it a reflex or something I suppose.

Me and my friends felt it worked good both ways, but cartidges would have indeed been cool. Of course, the Spidey of the movie is nowhere near the geek the comic book one was... If he had tried to make web cartridges, that would've been the whole movie... wink

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 05:52 PM
DeepThought is currently offline Click here to Send DeepThought a Private Message Find more posts by DeepThought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

lol!!!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 08:17 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

During the early days of the Spidey comic, there was numerous occasions when his web cartridge would run out at crucial moments. It became a bit of a cliche and so not at all suprising any more that they kinda phased that occurance happening at all.

I understand it would have proven interesting to see in the movie, but when you've seen it happen in the early comics a gajillion times, its not as tempting any more.

As a point of interest, spiders web is increadibly strong and engineers have long been trying to find ways of re-producing the stuff in sufficient quantities to use in industry. Not so long ago they succeeded in trials to put the "spider web" producing gene into goats, who then produced milk with the crucial web-stuff in. Cool eh? cool

Old Post Jul 26th, 2003 12:52 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Whoa.....

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 05:16 AM
buzzerk

I have a trailer on my hard drive that actually shows peter paker in his room with the web cartridges on his wrist, sam raimi changed his mind and made the webs 'biological' during filming. This is one of the removed trailers after the sep 11th incident. If you want to see the trailer with the web shooters, send me your icq and I'll send it to you.
Peace.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 01:09 PM
buzzerk is currently offline Click here to Send buzzerk a Private Message Find more posts by buzzerk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buzzerk

blink

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 01:09 PM
buzzerk is currently offline Click here to Send buzzerk a Private Message Find more posts by buzzerk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote