KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » criminal actions you dotn find wrong

criminal actions you dotn find wrong
Started by: bardock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Tomb raiding is wrong, sorry. How would you like it if some foreign guy came over here one day and decided to dig up your grandma's grave to see what was in it?

we do it all the time in the name of science. And when Im dead I wont care. stealing food if your starving is another example

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 01:37 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Ush is right

aah well I found another thing that is (atleast in belgium) a crime and shouldn't be one committing suicide, is a crime in belgium, you are hardly ever prosecuted but you will have to pay for all the costs that were needed to A save your life B help you get better.

About Tomb Raiding, in the name of science I don't consider it a crime but for personal gain it is a crime

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 02:34 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Rules prohibiting suicide were added to the Bible in the days of imperial Rome to dissuade slaves from topping themselves right and left! There is not really any ethical reason against it.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 03:26 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

quote:
Graffiti isn't wrong... I know there's some other stuff but I can't think of it at the moment

i dont see how graffiting isnt wrong. its destruction of public and/or private prperty really. if you went to a public park to enjoy the scenery, i dont think you like to see graffiti on things such as retaining walls or public restrooms.
i dont think you would appritiate graffiti on the side of your house would you? expecially if you were trying to sell your house.
besides, graffiti is just ugly.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 04:30 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Since we are in the philosophy forum...

You seem to be asking for a moral judgment - if we can name a criminal action which we feel is "not wrong" - for the sake of argument lets call it "right".

However criminal acts are not about what we do or do not find "wrong" as individuals - thats an arbitrary moral judgment you are asking for. Although it's often supposed that if you break the law you are "bad" that predisposes that the laws in question are "good" - it's been proved historically over and over again that this isnt the case.

A criminal act is one which is committed in violation of an existing law - nothing more or less: Its a method by which governmental punishment can be meted out to keep the population "safe". (or as some would tell you "in check")

Wrong or Right does not come into it - you are either in violation of the law or you are not: the only deciding factor being that it depends on how good a solicitor you can afford.

The actions that make you "criminal" or not are often portrayed as moral actions by the media, but this is only because the laws - designed to uphold the current ruling body - have to be justified somehow and this is the easiest way of selling it to a population.

What constitutes a fair and reasonable law varies from country to country, state to state, decade to decade. It's smart to be aware of the laws you are expected to live under, but far smarter to make up your own mind what "right and wrong" are.

/rant.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 08:19 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by §nakehead
we do it all the time in the name of science. And when Im dead I wont care. stealing food if your starving is another example

But you don't need to actually go IN the tomb to see what's there. They have the technology now to get a camera in a tomb without letting any outside air in, so they can study it without disturbing it at all.

My idea on drugs is... It's not morally "wrong" to do drugs. Just because you're harming yourself doesn't make it so. And the act of smoking pot or sniffing crack itself doesn't hurt the public either. Yes, drugs indirectly do damage to society, all I'm saying is that making using them illegal isn't going to help anything.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 08:29 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Well it's not like the gov't doesn't already let the rich get richer wink

There is no need to make the Government much more richer. Don't support drug dealers. wink

Old Post Jul 30th, 2004 10:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

If drugs were legal, all drugs, we wouldn't have to support drug dealers. Purely because there wouldn't be need for them anymore. Only the government can rid the world of drug dealers.

STREET dealers more appropriately.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 02:16 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
criminal actions you dotn find wrong
drinking a beer outside in not asigned public places like bars/pubs and restaurants.
here in Norway you are fined if you drink alcoholic bevarages in public

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 07:07 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

So like, bars and pubs in Norway aren't allowed benches outside or anything? You have to actually consume the drink IN the building? Or just within a certain radius?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 08:07 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
So like, bars and pubs in Norway aren't allowed benches outside or anything?
yno they are allowed bences and tables outside, I thought I edited my reply but the machine froze so I didnt get to check wetter it was the first unedited or the edited one that got posted.
quote:
drinking a beer outside in not asigned public places like bars/pubs and restaurants.
that quote should have read
drinking a beer outside asigned public places like bars/pubs and restaurants.

Sorry for the unclear post

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 01:42 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

There are alot of technical crimes that aren't wrong at all confused

Old Post Jul 31st, 2004 06:49 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

downloading music shouldnt be crimminal.....

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 01:54 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

It really depends on the situation.
Actions are judged by Intentions.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 07:08 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Consensual sexual acts between adults should not be illegal.
When money is involved, however, "consent" can be justifiably questioned. The act is not performed because it is desired or enjoyed on an emotional or physical level. It is performed for money and often the need for money stems from desperate circumstances. Its almost a "gun to the head" kind of consent. Sex work is work that no one should have to perform- it is dangerous, it is abusive. Kind of like working in a slaughterhouse. So why is that legal?
Sorry that paragraph is off-topic, but I was anticipating that someone would bring up prostitution is response to my first sentence.
To clarify it, all that was necessary, I felt. But sodomy, homosexuality, sale, demonstration, and use of sex toys- all good in my book. But people get arrested for these things to this date.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 07:30 PM
fever red is currently offline Click here to Send fever red a Private Message Find more posts by fever red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

I do not find Vigilanteism wrong

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 03:26 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

Criminal actions are by definition all wrong, as, if they were right they would not be criminal.

After that statement all we can discuss is the interpretation of the laws and whether they are right or wrong themselves.

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 04:45 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Euthanasia

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:15 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Re: criminal actions you dotn find wrong

quote:
Originally posted by bardock
i dont think drug dealers are doing anything more than giving people what they want. the volience only comes becausse it is against the law. do you guys have any thoughts on the topic?

to me drug dealing is just as bad a selling some one booze in a pub .. u sell them to much it could end up devasting give them a little its up to them if they wont more ...( but i dont like drug dealing i just see it like that) u dont see landlrds getting arrested for giving someone there booze .. which is just as dangerous as drugs..

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 01:16 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Re: criminal actions you dotn find wrong

quote:
Originally posted by bardock
i dont think drug dealers are doing anything more than giving people what they want. the volience only comes becausse it is against the law. do you guys have any thoughts on the topic?

I've got to say that although dealers are perhaps simply doing a 'public service' in some people's views, they still deal to children and first timers. Dealers don't give a damn who they sell to, I was a dealer and although I was conscientious at first, I'll be the first to admit that as the easy money came rolling in, the conscience went rolling out erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 01:58 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote