KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Psychic powers

Psychic powers
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"And what does it mean when your aura is red after an escaped vapor from a buttocks?"

Go to the Hospital fast.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 09:24 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Clairvoyant isn't reading minds.....

This might be helpful:

clair·voy·ant [ klair vóyənt ]

noun (plural clair·voy·ants)

psychic person: somebody supposedly able to see things beyond the range of normal human vision.

I never understood how did mind reading and clairvoyance got mixed up. Anyways, is posible that psychic powers might exist. I don't think frauds should stain the idea of psychic people. Sometimes I wonder if Telekinesis exists. I don't belive it, but I also don't doubt. When it comes to psychic powers I'm not much of a believer nor an skeptic.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 11:38 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I don't really believe in telekenisis, but I believe in seeing the future. yes

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 06:05 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I don't really believe in telekenisis, but I believe in seeing the future. "

That's sorta like saying you don't believe in Reindeer but you believe in Santa.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 10:17 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i believe there's something more to be achieved than we are willing to believe. but these are things i have to see to believe...and even then i'd be skeptical.
one of the few thigns on this subject, that really caught my attention was a documentary on the remote viewers from the war.
remote viewers can supposedly project their mind into seeing distant places like they are actually there. anyway..long story..but 't was interesting

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 12:43 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

BlackCat> Oh, dear. My first post was a joke. Clairvoyant means “clear-sighted”, the word itself says as much.

But to answer your original question: I’m yet to see any proof of telekinesis, telepathy, clairvoyance, premonitions etc. etc. etc. There are enough people claiming to have these powers – but not enough proof.
The human brain is still a mystery, so perhaps some people are extremely fine-tuned to sensing things mere mortals usually can’t. But what would be the evolutionary idea behind this?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 07:33 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

I really freaked myself out one time because i was studying this book about Telekinetics because i wanted to learn how to do it and nothing happened so i though ok. I left it and one day when i was really mad i wanted to get a drink and when i reached for a cup it fell off the holder!

then another time i was really angry with someone and i was staring at them when they were doing something outside and all of a sudden something fell on them and they got hurt.

What do you guys think, do i have telekenisis or is it just considence??

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 07:38 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"What do you guys think, do i have telekenisis or is it just considence??"

Neither. I think you're lying. However if you're not, then coincidence.

Premonitions are BS. Deja Vu is the closest you'll get. If premonitions were real people would remember them. You don't remember Deja Vu until it happens.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 08:07 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
BlackCat> Oh, dear. My first post was a joke. Clairvoyant means “clear-sighted”, the word itself says as much.

But to answer your original question: I’m yet to see any proof of telekinesis, telepathy, clairvoyance, premonitions etc. etc. etc. There are enough people claiming to have these powers – but not enough proof.
The human brain is still a mystery, so perhaps some people are extremely fine-tuned to sensing things mere mortals usually can’t. But what would be the evolutionary idea behind this?

I think the evolutionary idea could possibly be that such skills have been subjugated by language. It's obvious that pre-lingual communication required being fine tuned to signals: however I doubt it's anything preternatural.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 09:21 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
I really freaked myself out one time because i was studying this book about Telekinetics because i wanted to learn how to do it and nothing happened so i though ok. I left it and one day when i was really mad i wanted to get a drink and when i reached for a cup it fell off the holder!

then another time i was really angry with someone and i was staring at them when they were doing something outside and all of a sudden something fell on them and they got hurt.

What do you guys think, do i have telekenisis or is it just considence??

Whoah! That's cool! Who knows? you might be gifted (seriously) or maybe just plain lucky.

Or maybe you got some of Neo's powers. j/k wink

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 10:54 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"What do you guys think, do i have telekenisis or is it just considence??"

Neither. I think you're lying. However if you're not, then coincidence.

Premonitions are BS. Deja Vu is the closest you'll get. If premonitions were real people would remember them. You don't remember Deja Vu until it happens.

-AC

"You don't remember Deja Vu until it happens" That's what I hate about it.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 01:33 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady_Eowyn3
ACTING IS LIFE

i've had premonitions before and i constantly live in a sate of deja vu, one of the first premonitions i remember was when i was about 14, i was half asleep and saw my mother falling off our porch and hurting her knee, then she limped bak inside and sat down near the door, then i saw myself walk in and see her bleeding knee,
i didn't really understand what i saw so i just passed it off as a dream b/c i was sleep deprived, however the next day i walked into the livingroom and saw my mom wearing the exact same clothes as in my premonition and she has sitting exactly as i had seen her b4 w/ her bleeding knee, that was probably the longest premonition i had, they're really rare but sometimes i just get a glimpse of something and the next day it happens

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 06:13 AM
Lady_Eowyn3 is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Eowyn3 a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Eowyn3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

The exact same thing happens to me. I usually say to my friends 'I bet you -blah blah- will happen' and then it does, my friends are usually like 'Oh my God!' or they say 'I'm sorry I wasn't listening....'

If anyone wants me to tell them thier future then PM me. smokin'

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:41 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Whoah! That's cool! Who knows? you might be gifted (seriously) or maybe just plain lucky.

Or maybe you got some of Neo's powers. j/k wink

i dunno its probably just a concidence messed

but it was kinda freaky

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 01:09 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The exact same thing happens to me. I usually say to my friends 'I bet you -blah blah- will happen' and then it does, my friends are usually like 'Oh my God!' or they say 'I'm sorry I wasn't listening....'"

I bet you that you'll interact with a guy named John soon.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 08:56 PM
Freddy Lover
Speachless

Psychic powers?

I don't think I have any...I know Raventheonly does...hehe

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 09:08 PM
Freddy Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Freddy Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Freddy Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I heard Deja vu was just when you saw something but your brain takes it in a split second later by accident and it seems like your re-living it.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 11:56 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watch this then, prepare to be astounded.

I need a volunteer to take part in a mental projection experiment via PM so that there's no BS involved. Any takers?

Blackcat, can't you alter probability besides actually being clairvoyant? wink. Also very agile. Must be all that rooftop prowling she does.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 02:01 PM
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

can shoot lighting out my eyes and i live on the sun

Old Post Aug 24th, 2004 09:48 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Also very agile. Must be all that rooftop prowling she does.

-AC

It helps to keep me fit shifty

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:57 AM