KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Belief

Belief
Started by: Tptmanno1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

it doesn't says so in the 1st post it says so in: "I was trying to keep this free of the God debate."

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:18 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
TpT was just sharing his discussion, he afterwards clearly stated he wants this discussion to be free of the god debate.

smile Ok, but thats now what you said.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:22 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

not following that last part but okie

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:24 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

Becuz you were saying TP was trying to keep it from debate, then you turned it around and said YOU were trying to keep it out of a God debate, when in fact you did say TP said it, which HE never did in the 1st post.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:27 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

This is not a you did-you didn' t game.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:30 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It is now.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

TpT stated he was trying to keep this free of the God debate. It doesn' t matter whether he said so in his first post or not. Period.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:33 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

lol srry didn't mean to make it like that.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:33 PM
finti

still believ 2+2= 4 still belive the bible to be fictional myths.
still belive those found of philosophical sceptism can pay 5 one dollar bills for a 2 dollar burger.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 07:45 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

bUt Does Believing it mean its true? And you only base belief on past experience, whose to say that it will be like that in the future? You assume that, but there's nothing stopping it.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:00 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Cyclops tried to pull this Philosophical crap on me yesterday...

He was like "Proove I exsist"

and aside from the numerous PMs, the didigtal photos he's posted, and the girlfriend of his that talks to me reguarly...he just refused to believe that THAT was sufficient enough proof. He just kept saying "proove I exsist"

It's not EXACTLY the same as the 2+2=4 analogy, but it does have similarities.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:06 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

All philosophical scepticism, very tiresome indeed.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:08 PM
Fire

yea it is, but it is more "practical" when talking in the future tense.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:10 PM
finti

quote:
bUt Does Believing it mean its true
no it doesnt, I bet Britney Spears BELIEVES she is the best musical artist ever aint so though

quote:
He just kept saying "proove I exsist
ok punch him in the nose till he starts to bleed ask him if it hurts, if he says yes you go theres your proof

Old Post Aug 26th, 2004 08:39 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well you are talking to him, so somethign that expressis his opinions must exist in some way shape or form

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 02:48 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious

and aside from the numerous PMs, the didigtal photos he's posted, and the girlfriend of his that talks to me reguarly...he just refused to believe that THAT was sufficient enough proof. He just kept saying "proove I exsist"

Go to his house and hit him in the face. big grin Sometimes a complex question requires a simple answer. wink

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 10:41 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious

The Benefactor is sending the Guardians after you raver

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 12:56 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
You're friend is wrong and over analyzing things (something I know alot of phylosophy majors do, as if it makes them seem intelegent in some way).

2+2 does in fact equal 4. By our number system, this is indeed fact. For proof of this, take two apples, and then put two more apples with them. You now have four apples. You do not have seven apples. No matter what you believe, or where in the universe you do this, if you take 2+2, there will always be the same amount of apples.

I think what he meant was that it is only four because we have decided ((believe)) that this number is four. If we believed it to be seven, it would be seven. (('1984' kinda deal - Winston believes 2+2 is 5, therefore 2+2 IS 5, at least for him))

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:42 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by finti
no it doesnt, I bet Britney Spears BELIEVES she is the best musical artist ever aint so though

It is true for her - what other truth is there but your own truth?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 03:44 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

it aint even true for her one has to be realistic too

Old Post Aug 27th, 2004 04:03 PM