KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What is your time worth?

What is your time worth?
Started by: Turbo-Cajun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Right now? My time is worth about $7.50 an hour.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2004 08:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

quote:
Originally posted by Papaumau
I have a philosophy....( Well, it is the philosophy forum intit )....

There are three kinds of people in the world:

1). The creators and maintainers.

2). The users but often wasters.

3). The destroyers and spoilers.

I agree with this, it is also the three aspects of GOD in hinduism;

Brahma - the creator,
Vishnu - the sustainer
and Shiva - the destoyer.

They'r in fact all equally important.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 01:53 PM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by Papaumau
At that hourly rate I would like to hire you for one hour to do a REALLY dangerous and dirty job.

Howsabout it ?

no thanks, i'd rather get paid for my technical skills than my testicular fortitude...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 04:12 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Right now my time is worth a chocolate donut and some milk.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 10:19 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

time is worth a lot since all the time I lose is time I can't be wiv storm

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 07:38 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Time is valuable. Once you lose it....you can't get it back.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 05:23 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

$0.10 if I'm lucky.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 12:49 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Time is valuable. Once you lose it....you can't get it back.

But Time is relative. We lose Time in REM sleep. 8 hours a night. However an argument can be made for sleeping that enhances the time we do exist by prolonging our lifespan. So an answer to this question is inconclusive.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 12:53 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Those who love you and those you love are worth our time

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 03:36 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Reborn Again
But Time is relative. We lose Time in REM sleep. 8 hours a night. However an argument can be made for sleeping that enhances the time we do exist by prolonging our lifespan. So an answer to this question is inconclusive.

Believe it or not.....people still make money when they are asleep. I like to call those people Foreign Stock Market investors. So yes! you can make money even when you're sleeping. wink

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 02:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

quote:
Believe it or not.....people still make money when they are asleep. I like to call those people Foreign Stock Market investors. So yes! you can make money even when you're sleeping. wink

Sleep is definately worth the time lost because it makes the rest of your life so much better when you feel rested and refreshed...plus its like breathing, you have to do it.

WindDancer... do you have to be making money for your time to have worth? I dont think so....

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 06:07 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

You see Turbo-Cajun...I live in a very Capitalist Nation and money is of importance. Sure, I agree money isn't everything, but I'd much rather sleep with the feeling that my bank account is in good shape rather than living off the next paycheck. Plus, I look at my life in a long term. One day I'm going to get married...buy a house....have kids....send the kids to college....pay for their college.....so in order to do all that I better have a secure financial plan. And since I'm not a teen anymore...money is something I'm very watchful. Are you following what I'm saying?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 06:26 PM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I understand what yor saying kind of. As I've gotten older (I am almost 20) I've changed priorities...money has gained more importance, but most definately not gained the most importance. I don't think that will change. I have lived in the US for the last 18 1/2 years or so, so I am aware of how the economic principles of Capitalism work, I have studdied Adam Smith, and have been active in small business for a number of years, so when i measure my time's worth in terms of enjoyment and fufillement instead of dollar amounts it is not out of ignorance. I guess your postion (tell me if im wrong though) is that by getting as much money as you can for things like family and kids, you find fufillment and worth in your time,...i can accept that fairly easielly because i can understand that, its still shitty though that enjoyment and fufillment can have a price put on it though

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 07:02 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

That's what life is about....working and making that dollar to survive. Or you can run to monastery and be a monk.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 10:04 PM
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

As of now only my bf, my books, family,animals,roleplaying can have me freely, and some friends.

Other than that then I'm usually wishing I was doing something else.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2004 10:52 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

quote:
That's what life is about....working and making that dollar to survive. Or you can run to monastery and be a monk.

I disagree.... but I can see how you are working your situation, just dont dig the philosophy behind it.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 02:02 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

That's how I see it. That's what makes life interesting also.....we all have different experiences...sometimes we shared those experiences with others. Sometimes you don't and that's where we are all different....how's that for a philosophical thought? wink

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 02:18 PM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I can live with that.

haha

Old Post Sep 30th, 2004 11:07 PM
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

my time isnt worth spendning it with people, who pretend to be my freinds but truely hate me. my time isnt worth spending discussion with my parents.
My time here is short and i want to enjoy my time on my own and not how other poeple want me to be. and my time as teenager is even shorter so this time isnt worth spendning it on duscussion and fights with anyone.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 10:14 AM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

quote:
Originally posted by Candy
my time isnt worth spendning it with people, who pretend to be my freinds but truely hate me. my time isnt worth spending discussion with my parents.
My time here is short and i want to enjoy my time on my own and not how other poeple want me to be. and my time as teenager is even shorter so this time isnt worth spendning it on duscussion and fights with anyone.

After you move out, time with your parents is worth spending time on, when your living at home you always have conflict and sometimes you can even hate them, but when you have your space, you begin to appreciate them a little bit more.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 07:57 PM