KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » In defence of Arrogance

In defence of Arrogance
Started by: Philosophicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

to be arrogant is more or less the same as being an ass hole

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:56 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Storm
Greatness is exchanging views and completion without losing one' s identity.

I don't agree with that.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

neither am I...

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:02 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by finti
to be arrogant is more or less the same as being an ass hole

And what is the point you're trying to make? That I'm a smart ass hole? rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:18 PM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
And what is the point you're trying to make? That I'm a smart ass hole?
didnt say anything about smart, just that thats how I define arrogance

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:27 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

The one who only complains about someone being arrogant, is when one is affected by it. How to not be affected by it?? One must just follow the rules to accept the truth.

...."Truth only hurts if you are living in a lie"....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:32 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
The one who only complains about someone being arrogant, is when one is affected by it.
one can have an opinion on a matter without being affected by it. Like I have an opinion on the re election of president Bush but that he got elected really doesnt affect me too much.
So I have an definition on arrogance, I also have a personal definition about dictators too without they affect me a bit

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:38 PM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

they did affect you into action... if not you wouldn't even bother to care or notice them for showing arrogance... wink

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:43 PM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Someone is talking sense here.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:50 PM
finti

quote:
they did affect you into action... if not you wouldn't even bother to care or notice them for showing arrogance...
again dont have to affected to have an definition for arrogance.
If someone ask me how to define arrogance ass hole would be my answer due to how arrogant people behave. One can be a bystander and watch without taking a part and still have an opinion on the matter

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:54 PM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

[/QUOTE]Originally posted by Philosophicus
Someone is making sense here [/QUOTE]
wink

Last edited by peterKSL on Jan 17th, 2005 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:54 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

"Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior. "
- Isnt that like saying wisdom is a forbidden fruit? (leave it be or become corrupt)

"Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul."
-Doubtful.. courage is the essence of a noble soul, IMO.. you dont get anywhere in the world by telling people how cool you are.. but saving someones life (whether you put yours on the line to do so) is extraordinarily noble

"He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted."
-Then 'he' was not truely humble... the truely humble stick to their word... mind, body and soul. Hipocrisy is not the foundation of a humble man.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:10 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brandino

quote:
Originally posted by finti
one can have an opinion on a matter without being affected by it. Like I have an opinion on the re election of president Bush but that he got elected really doesnt affect me too much.
So I have an definition on arrogance, I also have a personal definition about dictators too without they affect me a bit

i dont know those reindeer since norway is the worlds supplier of reindeer THEY MIGHT BE WMD who knows you crazy norwedgians might try to send us suicidal reindeer bombs

j/k im norwedgian so its all good Happy Dance laughing

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:13 AM
brandino is currently offline Click here to Send brandino a Private Message Find more posts by brandino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
"Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior. "
- Isnt that like saying wisdom is a forbidden fruit? (leave it be or become corrupt)

"Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul."
-Doubtful.. courage is the essence of a noble soul, IMO.. you dont get anywhere in the world by telling people how cool you are.. but saving someones life (whether you put yours on the line to do so) is extraordinarily noble

"He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted."
-Then 'he' was not truely humble... the truely humble stick to their word... mind, body and soul. Hipocrisy is not the foundation of a humble man.

Please, you don't have the intellectual capacity to argue with a great mind such as Nietzsche.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:53 AM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey finti, you havn't once come up with your own original philosophical idea, are you too scared people will criticise you? What are you doing in a philosophy forum when you merely criticise other people's opinions, give us your own one to prove yourself.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:55 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
Please, you don't have the intellectual capacity to argue with a great mind such as Nietzsche.
pff.. you dont have the intellectual capacity to make presumputous judgements (clearly made by your constant condescending towards others.. truely the quality of a fool in genius' clothing).. things are put on this earth to be questioned, regardless of who they came from

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:00 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

One doesn't need intellectual capacity to make presumptous judgments.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:16 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Exactly my point... wink

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:22 AM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Exactly my point... wink

So, you're impying I'm an idiot, while at the same time you ask me to simplify my theories!? laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:27 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I prefer to say fool, because you ignore people who may potentially be interested in exploring philosophy in a deeper sense.. Im sure (as someone who is practically deeming themself as a representative of the type of people who are involved in this branch of studies).. it does become very dismal to think that all your group of colleagues might do is stand around and call eachother idiots all day long.. I never asked you to simplify your theories 'for me'... yet again more presuming.. you should write a book about presuming.. I'm sure you could go on and on yes

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:36 AM