KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comics Powerful moments

Comics Powerful moments
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider

The original Phoenix saga got cheapened by making it turn out it was never Jean Grey; so even the Watcher got fooled? Please.

There was a retcon about 3 years ago. As per current continuity it was Jean Grey. Phoenix and Jean are the same thing.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:14 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Perhaps, but during the mid-to-late 80's when Jean and X-Factor came into being, it cheapened the event at that time.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Hmm....I'd say

Batman beating the Hyperclan
Batman Beating the Crap out of Darkseid
Batman beating Supes (in Hush as well as in DKR)
Supes beating Doomsday

Yeah, aboot that.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:21 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by roughrider
Perhaps, but during the mid-to-late 80's when Jean and X-Factor came into being, it cheapened the event at that time.

At the time but thats irrelevant now that we know as per the original concept that jean and phoenix are the same thing. Jean was dark phoenix. the cocoon is just part of her phoenix life cycle. she always dies to reborn and then emerges from a phoenix egg. New xmen made that clear. That way the cheapening of phoenix was written over.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:21 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Oh Powerful Moments like you see them.

I'd say

Batman losing to Bane
Superman Dying fighting Doomsday
Gwen Stacy dying
Hal Jordans Fall (You might say Kilowogs killing, or Sinestro.....or the last pic as Parralax)
Green Arrow shooting the Arrow at Hal
Batgirl shotJason Todd (well we all know which one would that be)
Barry Allens last Run

...you might see that I am mostly a DC fan.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

and they are all sad events.............

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 09:49 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
At the time but thats irrelevant now that we know as per the original concept that jean and phoenix are the same thing. Jean was dark phoenix. the cocoon is just part of her phoenix life cycle. she always dies to reborn and then emerges from a phoenix egg. New xmen made that clear. That way the cheapening of phoenix was written over.

Until sometime in the future when they change their minds again, thanks to some writer...arrgghh

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 11:28 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Uh...the Ultimates has a lot of powerful moments.

Hank Pym beating Janet nearly to death.
Captain America fighting that Nazi Skrull..
Death of Bruce Banner (Ok, so he wasn't killed.)

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 29th, 2005 11:51 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Its gotta be the Dark Phoenix saga for me. What a classic:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 12:31 AM
Lord S
King

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Its gotta be the Dark Phoenix saga for me. What a classic:

(please log in to view the image)
*Yawn*

wink

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 05:36 AM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Powerful moments

Originally posted by BobbyD
I've got to go with Superman's death....sorry no pics. sad

This has got to be easily one of the top 3 most well known events in comicbook history, Marvel included.

It was the death of an icon, and whether one is a Supes fan or hater, they would agree that his death reached everyone in all comicdom...not necessarily on a sad personal level, but more on a level like everyone knows. Even if you didn't know a thing about comics or who the bleep Superman is, you heard about it across the globe.

The pic with him dead in Lois' arms is probably the pic eveyone remembers very well.

I agree 1000%. I have no more to say on this topic no expression

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 11:26 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord S
*Yawn*

wink

Indeed smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 09:37 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Powerful moments

Originally posted by Mindship
I agree 1000%. I have no more to say on this topic no expression

Agreed smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 09:37 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
havok801125
Havok....as in wreaks

I'd have to go with bats getting clocked by hal jordan in a fairly recent GL comic....that was awesome (guess he didn't anticpate that)

Shit Happens.....Get over it

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 12:12 PM
havok801125 is currently offline Click here to Send havok801125 a Private Message Find more posts by havok801125 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mates i can assure that the Infinity Crisis will produce a moment just as powerful as the Death Of Superman wink

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 07:38 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Death and return of Superman-when you are having skits on SNL about this, you know sumpin is big in comics. Everybody knows this story, Everybody has seen the cover of Superman #75 (Which I proudly own a few), everybody knows doomsday and the 4 supermen. There was a video game based on this one entire event. Talk about a milestone. It was real moving, even though it was a marketing ploy, still enjoyable though and it can never be done again with the same affect. The subsequent funereal for a friend issues were great because you had just about everybody from DC make an appearnce.

Death of Robin-big moment, still looking part 2 though, anybody wanna sell me one?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 09:45 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote