KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hot Fuzz

How many starts would you give Hot Fuzz?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
* 5 13.89%
** 0 0%
*** 4 11.11%
**** 12 33.33%
***** 15 41.67%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hot Fuzz
Started by: Cory Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'm so angry that it's only a limited release, I'm probably never going to get to see it in theatres mad

New Release date (US): April 13th

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:18 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

just seen the trailer over at apple ... man the movie looks funny as hell .. guess ill have to check out that spaced series as well ..

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 12:35 PM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

Hot Fuzz

I just saw this film. Very Funny! I found the bit with the reporter and the church spire slighlty disturbing, but other then that, i enjoyed it!

5 stars.

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 10:08 AM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

going seeing it tommorow
guess the church spire may be an OMEN referance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 10:10 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vintageSW77
going seeing it tommorow
guess the church spire may be an OMEN referance

i never saw OMEN, but its got a load of action homages in it. There is a really obvious point break one in their, they show it in the film earlier. But yeah, you'll understand whne you see it.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 11:01 AM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

you never seen the original OMEN???

you should drop all dvd purchases and get that one next!

its a good one

im a big fan of most of Peggs stuff
Big Train
Spaced
Hippies
Shaun

all good

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 11:07 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Hot Fuzz Thread

It's not out in the US, yet. It was delayed for whatever reason.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 01:35 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

you got Shaun late too eh

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 01:38 PM
KnivesOut
nuff sed

w00t i loved it! Funny. Never saw shaun of the dead.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 03:45 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Yep. "Shaun of the Dead" was kind of like "Napoleon Dynamite" though in that it slowly got added to theatres as it heated up.

I ended up seeing SOTD like 4 times in the theatre, I'm guessing the same for you.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 03:59 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

twice but a fair few on dvd
its a movie you put on for ten and end up sitting through the whole

all im hearing is good stuff for Hot Fuzz

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 06:11 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Talking of The Omen, for those who have seen it, how big is Billie Whitelaw's role in the film? I read she only has a cameo sad

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 06:54 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Haven't seen it, but I've giving it a 5

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 08:29 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Saw Hot Fuzz on Valentines Day, the day of release, and it is ace. Very funny, brilliant homage, great references and great action, also some good horror and gore ,it has a considerable slasher film element too it also which I didnt expect. And the church seen is of course an homage to The Omen, it even references the same score, and a possible reference to The Burning, with the use of garden shears.

There is even an amazing reference to an obscure kung fu slasher film, called Silent Rage which stars Chuck Norris. Possibly the best reference in a film ever.

Gave it 4 stars, because I dont think its quite as good as SOTD, but I am a zombie freak, and Simon Peggs character is the straight man in the film so his performance isnt so warm and funny, and I felt that Nick Frosts character was too naive and not cynical enough , I give it a 4.5

Last edited by papabeard on Feb 17th, 2007 at 01:17 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 01:10 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Saw Hot Fuzz on Valentines Day, the day of release, and it is ace. Very funny, brilliant homage, great references and great action, also some good horror and gore ,it has a considerable slasher film element too it also which I didnt expect. And the church seen is of course an homage to The Omen, it even references the same score, and a possible reference to The Burning, with the use of garden shears.

There is even an amazing reference to an obscure kung fu slasher film, called Silent Rage which stars Chuck Norris. Possibly the best reference in a film ever.

Gave it 4 stars, because I dont think its quite as good as SOTD, but I am a zombie freak, and Simon Peggs character is the straight man in the film so his performance isnt so warm and funny, and I felt that Nick Frosts character was too naive and not cynical enough , I give it a 4.5

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 01:22 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marko
Supreme Member

Not Lol'd so had in ages, Constantly laughed though out!

I loved the swear box!

I went with a girl and she laughed constantly aswell!!! Even at the c*nt word!

LOL LOVE IT. Buying it on DVD. I would post like a proper review but I'm still on a high from seeing it last night!

"Is it true that there is a point on a mans head, that if you shoot it it will blow up?2

ROFLMFAO!!!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 01:47 PM
Marko is currently offline Click here to Send Marko a Private Message Find more posts by Marko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

3 hours to go
im fairly exited
a rarity when going to the flicks nowadays

i love the referances that Pegg and Wright put in their stuff
a chance to revel in our movie knowledge whilst others miss out

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Feb 17th, 2007 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 01:54 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Two of you have seen it and didn't bother to answer my bloody question... cheers. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 05:05 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Some of you are rating it before seeing it? blink

Anyway, I can't wait for the US release.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 09:07 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

3 words..

absolute

****ing

genius

but then again with it being Pegg/Wright how could it be anything else

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 12:06 PM