KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The OOT

The OOT
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General G
Canadian.

Hmm, I should try that, maybe then I will see more of a difference.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:05 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

If you have a best buy near, they usually always have them on display...it looks incredible.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Best Buy and a Future Shop, they both have nice TV's on display, never stayed long enough to watch though.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:22 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

most of the ones that i go to around here have one of the SW movies playing. ROTS usually looks the best.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I bet.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 07:07 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Especially when they show GG's face up close when he's fighting OB1...looks amazing. Def go check it out.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 08:40 PM
queeq
Chaos

Hmmm... sounds nice.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 09:35 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

HD all the way

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:58 AM
queeq
Chaos

Well....

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:45 PM
Darth Subjekt

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 12:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, I dunno.... How much better is it really gonna get? How much sharper must it get? I mean, digital technology kinda wrecked some basic elements of a movie like Citizen Kane....

Plus in HD cinematographers have to pay a lot more attention to minute details because every little speck will show...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 07:56 PM
Darth Subjekt

Yea true. But i think it depends on the movie in question. Something like the PT where the SFX are meant to carry the movie, it'll definitely help, but if its a movie that has no special need for incredible picture than why bother. I mean if you watch an HDTV then go watch an old tub tv, its rather annoying. Its like playing Madden on a big screen then playing it on a 19". Once you experience it, its hard to go back...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 09:15 PM
queeq
Chaos

I know. I have terrestrial digital tv now... if I compare it to regular cable it is so much better. I can barely wtch the normal cable tv anymore, even though it is pretty good on its own.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 07:54 AM
General G
Canadian.

I still don't notice much unless I am playing Halo 3.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 10:00 PM
Darth Subjekt

well to go from a big TV where you can see all the details of the game to a small TV where you can only see the figures, its a big difference. Bigger is better...in this case at least.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 10:34 PM
queeq
Chaos

Only if the picture holds up.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 07:46 AM
Darth Subjekt

well they should...tvs are made pretty well these days as long as they're taken care of.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 08:36 PM
queeq
Chaos

Has nothing to do with the TV. On NTSC or PAL you'd be stretching the puictuire so all lines will be very visible and the picture gets fuzzy. No TV can add lines to an image.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 09:46 PM
General G
Canadian.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
well to go from a big TV where you can see all the details of the game to a small TV where you can only see the figures, its a big difference. Bigger is better...in this case at least.

Of course, I was referring to HD.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 04:46 PM
Darth Subjekt

ah ...I see. I made a mistake before...my tv is 61" 1080P, not i. Either way, its crazy. Only thing i don't like about it is on older movies (Citizen Kane style) the film itself cant hold up to the picture so it looks kinda fake. Ah well...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 02:22 AM