KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The official "Back to the Future" series thread.

The official "Back to the Future" series thread.
Started by: Adam Hussein

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

remember how they all knew about the enchanentment under the sea dance.... cause the 'rents never shut up about it....
hey.... how did you meet her george???
G: "well a good friend of mine tried to set me up with her... *hang on*.... He looked exactly like my son....
....and the vomiting starts....
and then the wife can feel bad cause she sneeked a peak at her own son...

In texas I'm sure you could do the mother for child molestation...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 07:18 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Yes, they would remember him. If they remembered exactly what he looked like after 30 years, the conversation would sound as ridiculous as what Hit_and_Miss was saying.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 07:41 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

but its a film though, so lets not worry. in reality, she would of remembered

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 03:29 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think she would have remebered and george too but only mildly because marty would have aged unless he had the time machine santa Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 08:24 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

One problem with number 2, which is my favorite, is that when Old Biff stole the time machine and went and gave his young self the sports book, when he came back the future should have been altered, but it wasn't, instead when the professor and marty went back to their time, then they decided to show the affects.

There are other mistakes, but that's for another day.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 04:27 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. I guess we don't see the great changes because 1) Biff changed history 60 years ago, and 2) Marty and Doc go back to 1985 right after Biff returns the time machine.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 06:22 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

wasn't that the reason why Old Biff was "dying?" Because he changed his own future? He came back and got all worked up, huffing and puffing, and keeling over (and leaving part of his cane in the car no less). I read that somewhere as well.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 08:31 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

No he died cause apparently in the new 1985 when Biff changed the whole 1985 when he gave himself a sports allminac and so he then married Lorraine in 1985 and then Lorraine later shot him in the 90's, I found that out on a special video about BTF. So basically she shot him in the 90's and that's why he died.

Last edited by steverules on Dec 23rd, 2005 at 11:41 AM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:38 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

i didn't know he was dying, i thought he was just tired from all the time traveling or something.

And going by what you said with the special video, i guess we would have never known anyway, since the movie doesn't say anything about it.

My favorite moment in 2 is when the girl sees her older self and they do that whole thing at the door. "I'm old!!" "I'm young!!" and then fall out.
I first saw these when i was younger so everything seemed more real and more atmospheric and that was a big moment for me and this movie has a feel to it that no other movie has that i've experienced. At least the first 2 do. Number three sucks.

I also think its amazing how they aged the characters. For what they had back then, they did good with what they had and the characters ended up looking really different when they aged.

Let's see if i can think of another problem. Hmm....

can't think right now, but they're there.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:52 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am still young so the films still feel great. But I have only seen the first and third films so im i still a fan

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 05:50 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

so if you had seen all of them you wouldn't be?

and you definitely need to see 2 and you should have seen them in order to make it all easier on yourself.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 04:49 AM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I just figured out that powerfulone1987 is saying "is it comprehensible....." in every post doesn't have anything to do with what he's saying. Very confusing, utilize your signature, buddy.

That's an interesting take, Biff was coughing because he actually changed time to lead to his death. But wouldn't he already be dead by the time he went back to 2015? Would they happen to talk about that on the BTTF DVDs?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 07:18 AM
steverules
The doctor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
i didn't know he was dying, i thought he was just tired from all the time traveling or something.

And going by what you said with the special video, i guess we would have never known anyway, since the movie doesn't say anything about it.

I don't know how you can get tired from time traveling. In the movie there was no character in the movie who knew that Biff was shot in the early 90's, thats why it wasn't mentioned in the film and him fading away was cut from the film because people would be confused and wonder why he was fading away. It was then later shown on the video I have as a deleted scene and they explained that Biff had been shot by his wife Lorraine in the alternate universe that he had created and that is why he faded.

I don't know if they explain it on the DVD's, I will have to check. As to Biff dying as soon as he got back, the delorean gets through time pretty quick, so I guess it got him back fast enough for him to fade away in the future and be wiped from 2015. I'm thinking there is some logical reason why. The original idea for BTTF 1 was that the doc would get Marty back to 1985 by causing a nuclear explosion, I think you can see why they didn't go along with that idea.

Last edited by steverules on Dec 25th, 2005 at 09:27 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 09:16 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have now seen all bttf's. I had the trioligy dvds for xmas and I am sure to watch all of them again and again and all of the deleted scenes and things because I also like the bonus'

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 08:26 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules
I don't know how you can get tired from time traveling.

I don't know either, but since they didn't explain, it's what i came up with for myself for it to make a little more since.

And since Time travel has never been done, who's' to say that time traveling doesn't have a tiring effect on the participant(s).

Originally posted by steverules
The original idea for BTTF 1 was that the doc would get Marty back to 1985 by causing a nuclear explosion, I think you can see why they didn't go along with that idea.

Does this have anything to do with the other stuff you posted, or was this just something extra and completely different? Just wondering.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 10:26 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

After some time thinking about it, I would assume Biff's disappearing in BTTF 2 would occur much like Marty's disappearing in the first movie. First, he couldn't play the guitar anymore, then he fell over, then his hand started to disappear. So that's why Biff was tired when he got back to 2015. I guess it's one of those little things you have to look for (i.e. Twin Pines Mall turns into Lone Pine Mall, Clayton Ravine turns into Eastwood Ravine).

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 03:23 AM
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I don't know either, but since they didn't explain, it's what i came up with for myself for it to make a little more since.

And since Time travel has never been done, who's' to say that time traveling doesn't have a tiring effect on the participant(s).

Does this have anything to do with the other stuff you posted, or was this just something extra and completely different? Just wondering.

I don't think he was tired, I think he was probably dying when I think about it, it does make sense as to why he seemed tired. And the other stuff I posted was something extra. wink I'm a nerd when it comes to BTTF.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 12:21 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Old Biff goes back to 1955 the young Biff lives in a granny house so this could mean he is poor. But when he wins all the bets with the book, he becomes filthy rich and he starts buying pointless items. And if you notice Biff smokes in alternate 1985 so maybe he has a smoking problem. But I don't know why he was fading. BUt if Old Biff changed Biff from 1955 rich causing the alternate 1985 then when Old Biff goes back he changes 2015 to the alternate 2015

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 06:49 PM
steverules
The doctor

I don't think so since he is dead in 2015.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 11:53 PM
SpyCspider

hahah randomness..

what was a black bear doing living in the desert? BTF3.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 03:13 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote