KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Robocop (2014)

Robocop (2014)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
It's going to be a lot darker compared to the original movies, and taken in a different direction according to the makers. The director is very good too! can't wait.

Good!

Of course nothing can compare to the original. A classic.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 12:48 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
will it be rated R?

if not, send it back.
One would hope.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 12:51 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tonylenk

does anyone remember the video game robocop 3? it was amazing! Like GTA4 but 15 years ago!!!!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 02:25 PM
tonylenk is currently offline Click here to Send tonylenk a Private Message Find more posts by tonylenk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biff Tannen

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I pretend that Robocop 2 and 3 never happened.

1 and 2 were awesome. 3 sucked hard though. Riding around on a jetpack half the movie... Anyways, why L.A.? Robocop was all about Detroit.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 09:13 PM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

If it's not dripping with satire and excessive violence, then no sir.

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 09:58 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I have faith in Aronofsky.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 07:29 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

He should have a good script sometime in the next several months followed by casting choices

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 07:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I never bothered with Robocop 2 or 3, but with Darren Aronofsky on board, I'm curious about a 4th movie.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 07:02 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Should bother with Robocop 2 just ignore the 3rd movie

Also whats so great about Darren Aronofsky ??

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 07:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i hope this is good, Robocop was my childhood hero, gotta have that theme song

Agreed. They better keep the same theme song. He was my hero as well.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 02:16 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I pretend that Robocop 2 and 3 never happened.

Thats what they did in the 'Prime Directives' 4 part miniseries, more or less.
That canadian miniseries was well worth a watch and despite their picking the shortest Robocop they could, was a step in the right direction violence/satire wise.
I recommend it for watching the once at least.
Its notable for having a few actors from the Cube movies that you will doubtlessy recognise: The cop from the 1st movie getting some great lines as Murphy's pre-detroit assignment partner, John Cable... eg:

Cable: "Whats your name..?"

Interferring official: "Sandra..."

Cable: (In Rick James fashion) "How'd you like to wear your azzhole as a necklace, Sandra...?"

Which needless to say, was a classic.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 05:35 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Wow, I can't believe Aronofsky is directing this! My interest just shot up by about 400%

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 12:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Nolan could make a decent Robocop film.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2008 01:35 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maifoshis

Guys i havent posted on here in a looong time but im so excited about robocop! part of me wants to continue the story and part of me wants a remake so i can see him being created again! it would almost be on revenge of the sith vader levels!!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 09:53 AM
maifoshis is currently offline Click here to Send maifoshis a Private Message Find more posts by maifoshis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by maifoshis
Guys i havent posted on here in a looong time but im so excited about robocop! part of me wants to continue the story and part of me wants a remake so i can see him being created again! it would almost be on revenge of the sith vader levels!!

Hopefully without the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 02:43 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by deathbycorn
I think Nolan could make a decent Robocop film.

Ummm....

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 03:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Can't wait!
But I think that, this time around, they need to step up the game a bit. For example, instead of more evil masterminds, I'd make a character that can be recognized as Robocop's arch foe, kinda like the Green Goblin to Spider-Man or the Joker to Batman.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2008 10:21 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decepticon
The Fallen

Personally I think Robocop is one of the finest sci-fi films ever made and has no non-financial gain reason to be re-done.

Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 07:28 PM
Decepticon is currently offline Click here to Send Decepticon a Private Message Find more posts by Decepticon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

DIRECTOR JOE PADILHA TALKS ROBOCOP

by SuperHeroHype
Mar 20th, 2011
Earlier this month, we received word that Joe Padilha ("Elite Squad" films) was in talks to direct the RoboCop reboot at MGM, but it looks like he's been on board for a while. A week later it was also reported that Josh Zetumer will write the script for the film.

Now, Motion TV Online got a chance to talks Padilha about the project. You can watch the interview using the player below (subtitles kick-in at the 3:20 mark), and we've also posted his answers in text below the video.

Q: How are the RoboCop negotiations?
Joe Padilha: It is about doing a new movie, and we're working on it at the moment, and the negotiations are closed already.

Q: It is already closed?
Padilha: It has been a while!

Q: Really? We received that news only on March 1st, but it seems like you've been talking about it for some time, is that correct?
Padilha: Yes, we're already working on the screenplay and everything...

Q: This is something that can work out really well or... I mean, because there's a lot of expectations around this, how are your expectations?
Padilha: I have no concerns about it. I only work on movies when it feels right, when I add something of my own way of portraying things. I make movies for myself and I don't feel nervous, I have no problem with expectations, and if the movie is going to work or not. I just look forward to keep its integrity and directing it the best way I can, all the rest doesn't concern me.

Q: MGM was looking for a globally appealing director. Why do you think they chose you?
Padilha: I don't know. I think they saw my movies and felt there was something there that could bring to the present day this controversial, yet different, violent movie which is RoboCop without misrepresenting it.

Q: So when can we expect RoboCop to come out?
Padilha: It's a project I'm developing from the very beginning together with Josh Zetumer, which is the screenwriter, and there's no deadline really. When the screenplay turns out good enough, then we will start shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGcs...player_embedded

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 01:53 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by BackFire
Wow, I can't believe Aronofsky is directing this! My interest just shot up by about 400%

Well apparently not anymore...

Isn't he tied in to do the Wolverine sequel now?

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:35 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote