KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Raft challange

Raft challange
Started by: Dum Dum Dugan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lunacyde
Lord of Logic

Here's a picture of what Batman goes through all the time, without a Healing Factor to help.

Attachment: alex ross - batman scars.jpg
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:09 PM
Lunacyde is currently offline Click here to Send Lunacyde a Private Message Find more posts by Lunacyde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lunacyde
All I am saying Batman in normal shape > Wolverine in said weakened state.

H2H skill-wise they're about equal. They also share similar ninja skills.

Batman has superior escape artistry, tactical mind (though Logan's isn't bad), and other various skills he has mastered.

And where do you get Logan having a pain threshold Batman can't even touch....have you read about Bruce Wayne? I won't say he's superior to Logan, but to dismiss his pain threshold is absolutely ridiculous.

true.

true

false. It pretty debatable if he has superior escape artistry, Logan has many pretty insane feats of it. Wolverine has also master various skills.

Logan is clearly higher, not say batman aint impressive, but it not on this level.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:12 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

All I am saying Batman in normal shape > Wolverine in said weakened state.

H2H skill-wise they're about equal. They also share similar ninja skills.

Batman has superior escape artistry, tactical mind (though Logan's isn't bad), and other various skills he has mastered.

And where do you get Logan having a pain threshold Batman can't even touch....have you read about Bruce Wayne? I won't say he's superior to Logan, but to dismiss his pain threshold is absolutely ridiculous.
b/c wolverine in the raft was attacked by over half a dozen guards and dazered repeatedly and logan didnt die. his will was indominable and no human body peak or not could have survived the eletrical assault. he lived by sheer will knowing he would make them all pay and get even deny them the satisfaction of his death..

he was then thrown into a hole at least a two story drop that would have broken human bones.. logan was then drugged and hosed down by high water pressure hoes in his chest naked in a cold damp hole.

the adamantium allowed him to survive broken bones and the high pressure water hoes on his chest.

i dont see batman surviving broken bones, butt naked watered down in a deep dark hole. let alone just being a mean prick who has felt insane amount of pain that he refuses to just die.

Logan is desensitized to a high degree.

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Oct 19th, 2010 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:12 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Here's a picture of what Batman goes through all the time, without a Healing Factor to help.

thats nothing, and wolverine has mention that actaully healing injuries is more painful then what cuases them. He also stated several times to be in constant pain from his adamatium, he also has phantom pains. Also wolverine pain from his claws is so intense rouge went almost insane from it.

Batman pain tolerance is not even comparable.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:14 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

However I do agree, batman has the best chances of escaping.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:16 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
However I do agree, batman has the best chances of escaping.
i agree, "if" and only "if" no one is actually focused on him like Wolverine was. Wolverine was constantly being watched and harassed by the guards.

but i dont really see many surviving a yr now that i think of the Sh#$ wolverine went through the few couple of weeks. i mean it was insane.

i changed my mind, i dont think anyone could last a year including wolverine. they would all need to back each other up to survive.

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Oct 19th, 2010 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:18 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lunacyde
Lord of Logic

true.

true

false. It pretty debatable if he has superior escape artistry, Logan has many pretty insane feats of it. Wolverine has also master various skills.

Logan is clearly higher, not say batman aint impressive, but it not on this level.

As far as escape artistry Batman is one of the best in comics, he has more consistent feats of it IMO, although Wolverine has some as well. In regards to other skills, I think Batman has the advantage in such this as lock picking, detective-work, disguising himself, acting, technological abilities, etc.

I won't argue Wolverine's is higher, but Batman's is one of the best, if not the best normal human in Comics. It deserves a degree of respect.

@ Castleking. You speak of will as if Batman doesn't have one of the most indomitable wills in comics. Batman's pure willpower is greater than that of Wolverines, unfortunately Wolverine has the advantage of unbreakable bones.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:22 PM
Lunacyde is currently offline Click here to Send Lunacyde a Private Message Find more posts by Lunacyde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

As far as escape artistry Batman is one of the best in comics, he has more consistent feats of it IMO, although Wolverine has some as well. In regards to other skills, I think Batman has the advantage in such this as lock picking, detective-work, disguising himself, acting, technological abilities, etc.

I won't argue Wolverine's is higher, but Batman's is one of the best, if not the best normal human in Comics. It deserves a degree of respect.

@ Castleking. You speak of will as if Batman doesn't have one of the most indomitable wills in comics. Batman's pure willpower is greater than that of Wolverines, unfortunately Wolverine has the advantage of unbreakable bones.

I not sure he does. Wolverine has pretty consistent feats of sneaking in and escaping highly secure area's. A lot of those skills won't matter with out his belt.

No he doesent. Wolverine has crazy will power, to say batman is more powerful is a stretch to say the least. Logan keeps his berserker rage in check from force of will a lone.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:29 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

not sure if he has the best chance of surviving the year, he does however have the best chance of escaping. Though I not sure if he be able to accomplish it, if anyone it be him.

He also has one of the highest chances of surviving I would say wolverine, punisher, shang-chi and IF and batman would be the only ones with a shot of surviving.

IF, Shang-chi cis might hurt them, but they skills should keep them out of trouble for a long while.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:35 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

here is a scan of the raft arc in the wolverine comic.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5641/shockhl0.jpg

here is the result.

(please log in to view the image)

being taken to the hole where he will be dropped.

Logan states he is desensitized that he has experience so much pain that he can tolerate levels that a human would be in shock.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5263/pain31teai3.gif
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7796/pain48syqv0.gif
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8691/pain54hstn5.gif

talks about his coping technique and training for pain.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/pain78sikz7.gif
he talks about the phantom pains of his injury and the intensive pain of his body healing..

logan has stated in the past that his physical senses and attributes also makes him more sensitive to pain and amplify them where normal humans would not feel it as intensely

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 09:39 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Batman is the second greatest escape artist in the DCU after Mister Miracle. Also what are some of these feats you speak of? Can they compare to escaping the Omega Sanction?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:05 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman is the second greatest escape artist in the DCU after Mister Miracle. Also what are some of these feats you speak of? Can they compare to escaping the Omega Sanction?

What is the Omega Sanction, I don't read much DC out side batgirl, flash.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:07 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is the Omega Sanction, I don't read much DC out side batgirl, flash.
a laser eye blast from darkseid.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:10 AM