KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Marka Ragnos and Dooku versus Sidious

Marka Ragnos and Dooku versus Sidious
Started by: Stealth Moose

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SlightlyFlaccid
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't sally the good Count's honor.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 03:35 AM
Click here to Send SlightlyFlaccid a Private Message Find more posts by SlightlyFlaccid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

As long as we're posting random shit.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
Don't sally the good Count's honor.

I win!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Allah grants victory to Mark and the good Count.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 10:25 AM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by SlightlyFlaccid
I'm sure a certain moose and a certain German would have no compunctions about taste-testing the flavors of the two surviving Sith.

I'm sure those certain people would also taste-test Sidious, if some hillbilly from Kentucky hadn't eaten all the candy, including - but not limited to - Sidious' chocolate starfish. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And of course Sidious will win this. He will use the power of his ROOM SIZED SITH FOCUS CRYSTAL to defeat Dooku and Ragnos with his "unaided" abilities, that allowed him to...

...get thrown into a reactor shaft by a guy vunerable against Sidious main force attack, while Sidious executed said attack on the guy. I'm blinded by that uberness. thumb up

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

A room sized sith focus crystal, you say?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In all fairness, the focus crystal was destroyed when that huge worm-like thing busted out of it near the end of Sithisis.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by Galan007
In all fairness, the focus crystal was destroyed when that huge worm-like thing busted out of it near the end of Sithisis.

In all fairness. We see him performing a certain ritual that leads to the effect that somebody has listed as the greatest testament to Sidious unaided force abilities. And what we learn is, that he used an artifact to do so, that trumps almost anything ever used by the ancient Sith in size, including the focus crystal that Sadow had in his ship. And why should we assume that Sidious didn't use such objects on more than one occassion? That puts all of his "feats" to question, that are just described by some sourcebooks and never displayed "on screen".

Shall we ignore that? I don't think so.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't believe I said anything about ignoring that instance - please stop adding your own conjecture to my posts.

All I said is that by the end of Sithisis, the crystal was destroyed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Q99
A room sized sith focus crystal, you say?

The comic Sithisis shows Sidious casting lightning on a huge crystal, but the comic has no narration to describe what is happening in the comic. All we see is younglings at the temple bust out in tears of terror, and jedi such as Yoda seemingly lose concentration during battle. It shows Anakin seemingly tapping into the dark side and starts ripping apart battle droids with his bare hands.

I believe the only explanation we are given about the comic is in the Complete Visual Dictionary, which describes Sidious as using a ritual to send ripples in the force that caused anxiety and fear to jedi across the galaxy, and to increase Anakin's hunger for power. In other words, Sidious used a sith ritual to aide him in manipulating the emotions of the jedi on a galactic level, including one of the most powerful jedi in galactic history [Yoda].

I did not even have to click on Borb's post to know where this is getting at. He has misinterpreted the crystal's use in the past. This instance of Sidious using a ritual has nothing to do with Sidious' combat-oriented powers, and does not diminish his standing as being one of the greatest force users of all time. Seeing how Sidious was constantly using the dark side to hide his own force sensitivity and clouding the visions of most force users across the galaxy, with his own power (unaided), I don't see how needing some aide for this particular instance takes away from Sidious at all. But let's ignore how most of the so called "more powerful" ancient sith lords used sith artifacts for just about everything they did accomplish with the force.

(Is my fanboy showing?)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nah. Though this bit:

quote:
Seeing how Sidious was constantly using the dark side to hide his own force sensitivity and clouding the visions of most force users across the galaxy, with his own power (unaided).

Isn't strictly true.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nah. Though this bit:

Isn't strictly true.

How so?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

We don't know if he's clouding them totally with his own power and not through some ritual iirc.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Is there proof that Palpatine was using any power-augmenting artifacts after the events of Sithisis (ie. after the crystal/worm were destroyed)?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:29 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No. But we can't say for certain that he wasn't.

Plus I think he'd be a little more peeved if that was his only one after its destroyed and he kills it.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:30 PM
SlightlyFlaccid
Restricted

Account Restricted

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The focusing crystal is never said to be used in anything other than "increasing Jedi anxiety" (The Ultimate Visual Guide).

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:31 PM
Click here to Send SlightlyFlaccid a Private Message Find more posts by SlightlyFlaccid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No. But we can't say for certain that he wasn't.

Plus I think he'd be a little more peeved if that was his only one after its destroyed and he kills it.
So... There's no proof, then.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:32 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

We don't need proof. The fact that he could have done so means that we cannot say he did it without aid with any degree of certainty or proof.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:35 PM
SlightlyFlaccid
Restricted

Account Restricted

S66
I believe the only explanation we are given about the comic is in the Complete Visual Dictionary, which describes Sidious as using a ritual to send ripples in the force that caused anxiety and fear to jedi across the galaxy, and to increase Anakin's hunger for power. In other words, Sidious used a sith ritual to aide him in manipulating the emotions of the jedi on a galactic level, including one of the most powerful jedi in galactic history [Yoda].

I didn't see this earlier, my bad.
Other than identifying the wrong source (it is The Ultimate Visual Dictionary, not The Complete Visual Dictionary), your summary is spot on. The crystal is only ever identified as increasing Jedi anxiety; Palpatine himself was identified as the sole and specific source of the shroud of the dark side blunting Jedi sensitivity. Borbarad is confusing two fundamentally different phenomena and assuming they are one and the same.

quote:
S66
(Is my fanboy showing?)

You're arguing that Sidious is something other than what Borbarad says he is, so yes.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:36 PM
SlightlyFlaccid
Restricted

Account Restricted

We don't need proof. The fact that he could have done so means that we cannot say he did it without aid with any degree of certainty or proof.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Excellent. Nihilus could have plundered Malachor V's secrets, confiscated all manner of Sith focusing crystals, and used them to augment his powers. Now, I have no proof that he did, but apparently we don't need proof when it comes to arguing against a character we don't like. Right?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2011 06:37 PM