KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Most overwanked Sith on KMC

Most overwanked Sith on KMC
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NTJack0
Ranger

Bane, Revan, Vitiate.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 03:59 PM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Darth Sidious. Period.

Vitiate's hype have merit; substantiated by his unparalleled showings. Your judgement is faulty.

I have been largely correct in my assessments about characters in my history. For example, I had correctly assessed Revan in times when their wasn't much official information about him and my assessment of Vitiate is not off-the-mark either.

Ahh you only say Darth Sidious because he's the most powerful sith.

Vitiate is blown out of proportion to some of the highest points I've ever seen. While I agree that at times very rarely, and not to nearly the same extent, Sidious powers possibly have been over exaggerated but Vitiate is a whole new thing. People are putting him on scale with Luke and the ones. I would say that Vitate might be 4 or 5th greatest sith after Sidious, Caedus, Kun, and maybe Plagueis with Plaguies being the one he could be above or below.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 06:38 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I would say that Vitate might be 4 or 5th greatest sith after Kun,

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

You're pretty obnoxious tbh.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 06:47 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's why you love me. wink

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vitiates problem isn't people overhyping him, it's Bioware overhyping him. His backstory is so absurdly over the top it's illogical for him NOT to be ridiculously above everyone else and he's got some majorly wacked hype that his appearances fail to capture.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

At least Vitiate is a legitimate/worthy wank-rival for Sheev.

Unlike a certain bald Sith'ari I know.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:14 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh no the burnz

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

ikr totally smoked u

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:18 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Ahh you only say Darth Sidious because he's the most powerful sith.

The fact that some people refuse to entertain the idea of Darth Sidious having rivals or superiors, is problematic. Sidious's promotion as the most powerful in the lineage of Sith is old news; it stopped when additional super-strong characters were introduced to the mythos. Their is not a single book that explicitly asserts that Sidious is more powerful or even rivals Vitiate. Fans are left to speculate.

Vitiate is blown out of proportion to some of the highest points I've ever seen. While I agree that at times very rarely, and not to nearly the same extent, Sidious powers possibly have been over exaggerated but Vitiate is a whole new thing. People are putting him on scale with Luke and the ones. I would say that Vitate might be 4 or 5th greatest sith after Sidious, Caedus, Kun, and maybe Plagueis with Plaguies being the one he could be above or below.

No, Vitiate's hype is absolutely justified. He have showings on par with those of Abeloth and Darth Nihilus. What more do you expect?

Darth Caedus, Exar Kun and Darth Plagueis are not in the league of Vitiate by any stretch of imagination. Not even close.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Sep 5th, 2015 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:35 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

SWL, Ant brings up an interesting point. You began as a misguided and fervent Revan fan and over the years, you've become bitter and hostile until now you're more concerned with finding a character to dethrone Sidious rather than enjoying characters for their own merits.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:40 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

The fact that some people refuse to entertain the idea of Darth Sidious having rivals or superiors, is problematic. Sidious's promotion as the most powerful in the lineage of Sith is old news; it stopped when additional super-strong characters were introduced to the mythos. Their is not a single book that explicitly asserts that Sidious is more powerful or even rivals Vitiate. Fans are left to speculate.

No, Vitiate's hype is absolutely justified. He have showings on level of Abeloth. What more do you expect?

Darth Caedus, Exar Kun and Darth Plagueis are not in the league of Vitiate by any stretch of imagination. Not even close.

I have no problem with rivals. However he has no superiors. His closest rivals IMO are Caedus and Kun but even they I would say Sidiosu wins comfortably after some pretty good fights. Same with Vitiate it would eb a good fight I just don't believe he would ever take a majority. Old news??? They add in new characters all the time, however everyone well most stay with the idea of Sidious being the most powerful. Well Sidious does pretty much surpass Vitate. Also which is more impressive, natural power p, learned from your own skill and training, or having to absorb a planet through a ritual? Fans don't have to speculate. We all know Sidious is number one and will be for a long time to come.

See this is one thing that gets me. You and other attempt to put him on the level of the ones and Abeloth. He's not.

Caedus I can really see him being on par in fact above Vitiate. Isn't Kun stated to be the most powerful Anceint Sith or has that been removed. Plaguies I'm a little iffy with. You are free to put Plagueis below Vitiate of you wish but the others I personally put them there.

Sidious
Caedus
Exar Kun
Vitiate(to show my compassion)
Plagueis

What are your views on Revan vs Vader and also your views on Vader vs Ancient Sith such as Freddon Nadd, Naga Sadow, Ludo Kreshh etc and other members of the banite line, bane zannah etc. I woudl rather like to hear your response.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:50 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

d. He have showings on par with those of Abeloth .

laughing out loud

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 07:56 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Isn't Kun stated to be the most powerful Anceint Sith or has that been removed.

He's the most powerful up to his time. Vitiate is stated to be his superior and Revan probably is as well.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 08:09 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The_Tempest
SWL, Ant brings up an interesting point. You began as a misguided and fervent Revan fan and over the years, you've become bitter and hostile until now you're more concerned with finding a character to dethrone Sidious rather than enjoying characters for their own merits.

Misguided in the matters concerning Revan? Hardly. In-fact, most of my speculations about Revan turned out to be correct in years to come. I have debated in favor of Revan for years and faced lot of ridicule and abuse from some critics for my stance about him. Member DarthAnt66 is a newcomer in comparison; luckily for him, Revan's story considerably expanded in recent years at official capacity. Moreover, with this member in the picture, I no longer feel inclined to debate in favor of Revan as often as I used to in the past. However, I shall clarify that Revan is among my favorites and will remain so for like ever.

I am not bitter and/or hostile, I mostly react to fanatic promotion of Luke Skywalker and Darth Sidious as virtually untouchables in various threads in several forums. I get that these two are remarkably powerful but die-hard fans mindlessly promote these characters as individuals of seemingly unlimited power who cannot be challenged or overwhelmed in a confrontation and they have an answer for everything unless the opponents are The Ones. These fans are not being productive in debates, their spamming have given rise to a seemingly endless cycle of arguments and counterarguments between them and fans of ancient-era characters, and most of these arguments degenerate to personal attacks. Don't mind this but you are not an exception either.

I am willing to listen to arguments about Vitiate failing to capitalize on certain situations. I do not believe that Vitiate is virtually unstoppable but it is accurate on my part to claim that few can challenge him. I don't see the likes of Exar Kun, Darth Vader, Starkiller and Darth Caedus challenging him though; these assumptions are far-fetched. Some members (e.g. Stigma) go as far as to assert that virtually every character with some good feats and a lightsaber can tackle Vitiate. I have attempted to reason with these members, to no avail.

You may find this surprising but I like Yoda, Darth Sidious, Count Dooku, Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Mace Windu, Darth Maul and Mother Talzin. I have grown up watching these characters on big screen. However, I have seen fans endlessly fellating these characters and this makes Star Wars boring. This is why I ignore most threads.

Contrary to what some may think, I just keep an open mind. You think that if BioWare introduces a character more powerful then Vitiate, I won't accept this? I will be among the first ones to come to terms with this and move on. But this doesn't means that I would stop appreciating Vitiate for his merits.

I haven't stopped appreciating Revan for his merits.

I acknowledge merits of all characters! Provided that they are realistically presented.

I am willing to listen to arguments that in what ways Sidious can challenge Vitiate. I believe that these two can defeat each other under right circumstances. However, claims like Sidious stomps or smokes Vitiate are boring and not interesting; don't expect me to appreciate these type of claims.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Sep 5th, 2015 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 08:11 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by carthage
laughing out loud

- Creating beings of pure dark side energy?
- Telepathically subjugating worlds?
- Consuming worlds?
- Creating Children and Voices to significantly expand personal reach in the galaxy?
- Concealing the dark identity of Children planted inside the Jedi Order and Republic organizations from the Jedi for centuries?
- Shifting essence into countless individuals?
- Disembodied existence?
- Corrupting worlds?

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Sep 5th, 2015 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 08:42 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have debated in favor of Revan for years and faced lot of ridicule and abuse from some critics for my stance about him. Member DarthAnt66 is a newcomer in comparison
(please log in to view the image)

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 09:36 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I did in months what LeGenD couldn't do in a decade, tbh.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 09:39 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I did in months what LeGenD couldn't do in a decade, tbh.
(please log in to view the image)

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 09:43 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm sure TOR had nothing to do with it, yeah.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2015 09:47 PM