KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Weakest being who can survive...

Weakest being who can survive...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
We are done with this. From what I saw he shot and focused on one area to take Mogo out. I wouldn't know how strong that shot is since the ft has context so with that said, I don't know who can take the bullet.

Of course you are done.

You don't have an argument. You just saw a hole in the scan and jumped straight at it to somehow lowball it.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:41 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shot at a weak point bro.
Where was that stated?

Also, after Mogo was killed, it was stated that the damage was "irreparable":
http://i.imgur.com/yDVYIOt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyYozpQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eSjhfuv.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
Where was that stated?

Also, after Mogo was killed, it was stated that the damage was "irreparable":
http://i.imgur.com/yDVYIOt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyYozpQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eSjhfuv.jpg

He stopped his heart?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol, Mogo was the heart of the Corps...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He stopped his heart?

This is what John said:
(please log in to view the image)

IOW, Mogo is the figurative 'heart' of the GLC.

#Comprehension

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

You're asking too much from Carver.

erm

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:56 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Tbf, it does look like he shot the bullet into a hole on Mogo's surface, but I don't think that stops the bullet from being uber.

We don't know how exactly it worked, but if there was a huge energy explosion from the bullet, I think we can assume that an internal explosion would be more devastating than an external one. It's still a Mogo-busting explosion though, which is the point, right?

As for the thread:

1) Dunno. I assume that Galan wasn't looking for "lol, Deadpool/Kitty/etc." loopholes. Somewhere within the wide range of Sinestro Corps Cyborg Superman on the low end, and a Suneater on the high end?

2) Shields, Thor/BRB/Whor maybe, because their shields can channel energy. If that's hax, then I'm not sure. Sentinel Alan Scott?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:04 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Smurph
As for the thread:

1) Dunno. I assume that Galan wasn't looking for "lol, Deadpool/Kitty/etc." loopholes. Somewhere within the wide range of Sinestro Corps Cyborg Superman on the low end, and a Suneater on the high end?

2) Shields, Thor/BRB/Whor maybe, because their shields can channel energy. If that's hax, then I'm not sure. Sentinel Alan Scott?
Thanks for staying on track. thumb up

Curious why you think those beings can survive the bullet... Particularly Cyborg and the Sun-Eater..?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:08 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Galan007
Thanks for staying on track. thumb up

Curious why you think those beings can survive the bullet... Particularly Cyborg and the Sun-Eater..?
Sun-Eater is a mostly empty guess, because different Sun-eaters have survived or tanked some powerful energy attacks in the past, though not on this level that I know of. I'm sure Abhi could speak to this with greater authority though.

And Cyborg is a bit of a copout, because he survives pretty much anything. Still, his damage soak was always super high, and he had handfuls of SC rings, but I guess I was thinking about auto shields that wouldn't be up because of your OP stips.

I'd be curious to know what you thought though.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:14 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I could agree with pre-Crisis Sun-Eaters surviving--they were well beyond the likes of even PC Validus and Kryptonians. Post-Crisis Sun-Eaters(ie. Starbreaker) might be a different story, though.

Cyborg was technically incapacitated by the galaxy-busting energies released from the detonation of Warworld. Dunno how we could compare the lethality of John's Death-Bullet to that..? We certainly cannot judge it solely by the amount of collateral damage that was caused...

I want to see if we can get some sort of general consensus before I weigh in.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 30th, 2015 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:21 PM
Smurph
------

I think you could maybe make an argument that Meggan is the weakest character who could 'metabolize' the bullet/energy, which is different than directly surviving a hit.

After her, Mjolnir has the surest feats for absorbing the attack, I think.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:26 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

GLs are casual planetbusters but this feat is incredible in it's own right as Mogo is not simply a planet but one of the most powerful GLs out there. I would say nothing below a mid Trans should be able to survive such a snipershot.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:37 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think you could maybe make an argument that Meggan is the weakest character who could 'metabolize' the bullet/energy, which is different than directly surviving a hit.

After her, Mjolnir has the surest feats for absorbing the attack, I think.
I'm not really looking for characters who can survive via energy absorption/manipulation or w/e. I'm more interested in who can endure it via sheer physicality, and/or who can endure it via shielding.

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
GLs are casual planetbusters but this feat is incredible in it's own right as Mogo is not simply a planet but one of the most powerful GLs out there. I would say nothing below a mid Trans should be able to survive such a snipershot.
Remember, that bullet was pure death-energy. That's what makes it so much more devastating.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:44 PM
carver9

Tbf, it does look like he shot the bullet into a hole on Mogo's surface, but I don't think that stops the bullet from being uber.

We don't know how exactly it worked, but if there was a huge energy explosion from the bullet, I think we can assume that an internal explosion would be more devastating than an external one. It's still a Mogo-busting explosion though, which is the point, right?

As for the thread:

thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 07:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

I know that it goes against the spirit of the thread as I know what the OP was after, but as it is worded, Kitty Pride does win this thread...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 08:20 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Imperiex Prime
Superboy/Man Prime
Diana blocking

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 08:34 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I know that it goes against the spirit of the thread as I know what the OP was after, but as it is worded, Kitty Pride does win this thread...
So you know what I was asking, but still decided to troll? Got it. thumb up

Anyway, like I've reiterated:
I'm not looking for characters who can survive via energy absorption/manipulation or w/e. I'm more interested in who can endure it via sheer physicality, and/or who can endure it via shielding.

Surviving via intangibility, energy manip., immortality, etc. is obviously not what I'm asking.... It's amazing that such things need to be specified.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 08:35 PM
TheLordofMurder

Ok Galan, for the spirit of the thread, I'll give you a serious answer you won't like...

A meta...the mutant Butterball...wins this thread.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 08:56 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Interesting.

Feats to support your claim?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 08:57 PM
TheLordofMurder

He doesn't have many showing, and thus not many feats; some guys unloaded on him in the negative zone to no effect...

Butterballs only real power is total invulnerablility and limitless stami; he isn't strong, fast, and cant do anything else...thus him being meta despite complete invulnerability...

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 09:13 PM