KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt vs. DE Luke Skywalker

Darth Krayt vs. DE Luke Skywalker
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Leia's Force power wouldn't make Luke a better duelist in terms of technical mastery... just faster, stronger etc.

Cool. How does rewording what I said make you right? It's almost like being faster and stronger can defeat technical mastery it something. Which is, incidentally what I said happened.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 08:13 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Cool. How does rewording what I said make you right? It's almost like being faster and stronger can defeat technical mastery it something. Which is, incidentally what I said happened.
Because it's seems pretty unlikely that half-trained Leia's Force harmony would be enough to make Luke significantly faster, stronger etc. than DE Palpatine, significant enough to overcome his sabers advantage.

One would imagine he'd at least rival his technical skill to make that work.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Or one could imagine Luke is just that powerful. Because again, Luke, and Leia for that matter, are that powerful. Luke is obviously skilled, but he isn't as skilled as Sidious. Especially given that not long after, he's struggling with far lesser duelists. Also she only used Force Harmony for the WoL.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 08:43 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Fair point, fair point.

That said I would still maintain DE Luke is a better duelist than Vader, which if new canon sources are to be believed, puts him above Palpy.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

LAL.
Luke takes lightsabers, but loses all-out.

Luke raw skill was good enough for him to duel evenly with one of the most skilled duelist the galaxy have ever known in Darth Vader; logical inference should lead us to the conclusion that thanks to Luke insane intrinsic aptitude and incredible learning ability, that Luke's skill increased with experience battling various opponents (Lumiya, Flint, Nightsisters, Noghri, Ssi-ruuk, Shadowspawn, Luuke), etc.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Beniboybling
That said I would still maintain DE Luke is a better duelist than Vader, which if new canon sources are to be believed, puts him above Palpy.

I don't think we should mix canon and Legends unless told otherwise in the OP. Especially when both are Legends characters.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 09:55 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Eh, fair enough. > Vader is still Krayt tier or above though.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 10:19 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I don't see how Luke is taking Force, but he definitely takes sabers.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 10:54 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Krayt may be a Vader level duelist. I don't take the whole Vader > Sidious BS seriously as I think he is at least a tier above everyone else in that era except Yoda and Luke being able to defeat him(even if it was a boosted feat) is still enough to put him above both Vader and Krayt as a duelist. I agree the all out fight here is arguable but sabers only should definitely go to Luke.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 11:51 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

And Mace. And apparently Plagueis could have. That makes four.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 12:55 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

lol you know what I meant.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 01:01 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Plagueis beating Sidious in a duel?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2015 01:02 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote