KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Savage Opress vs Count Dooku(Canon)

Savage Opress vs Count Dooku(Canon)
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
ILS just caused Nova to turn into a black hole. smile

Then he's just sucked himself in, lmao.

Anyway, it felt good, using that many expletives. smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:40 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Okay, if you get cancer, all the better. You're not even interpreting my argument correctly. **** off. **** right off. smile
I love you too.

I'll ****ing respond ****ing tomorrow.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:30 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

****ing okay.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 08:44 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by ILS
Nova, you've literally given me cancer with these arguments over the years. "One off" =/= can't ever happen again, especially given Savage's growth since the fight. Anakin isn't as strong as Savage, which is just obvious. Yoda isn't as strength-based a fighter as Opress, lacks his physical mass, or for whatever contrived reason you want to hunt down, isn't capable of batting Dooku away like a fly - unless he was holding back in AotC, which alongside his non-strength based style seems to make the most logical sense for why he didn't. Yoda is obviously stronger than Opress via his parity with Sidious, but it's about how they apply their strength.

Also, let's talk about the fact Savage frigging did it in the first place. Not Anakin, not Grievous, not Yoda - Savage did it. I'm pretty sure the way it works is that if there's visual proof of someone doing something, there's an extremely massive possibility that they can do that thing.

You can jump through as many mental loops as you like, but Dooku being able to meet Savage's full strength in a duel is just unrealistic. And I don't even know why it's such a hard pill to swallow. It's possibly the shittest hand Dooku could ever be dealt style-wise. Savage is a Force monster who is retardedly big and strong and bases his entire fighting style around using that strength. Dooku is 80, and while impressive for his age, is relatively frail in this situation. Hence why his style revolves around not meeting someone like Savage's strength head-on. He turned his weakness into his greatest asset, indicating intelligence which you don't seem inclined to honour, despite being such a devout supporter of his.

In my opinion, you're pissing on Dooku's shoes by ascribing abilities to him that are fictional. Every character has strengths and weaknesses, and sometimes styles make for lopsided fights.

If you can't accept what is possibly Dooku's only frigging weakness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1DcD8e55YY
thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Nobody failed to accept Dooku's weakness, lmao. Still waiting for proof that every time they clash blades Dooku will go flying, though, seeing as it didn't happen with Ventress or Adi Gallia.

Obviously Dooku meeting Savage's strength head-on isn't a wise idea. Thankfully, as we all know, he's going to try to deflect the attacks instead of doing that.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 10:05 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yes, lets take a story arc where a pre pime oppress can ragdoll dooku+ventress and a wounded ventress can ragdoll anakin+kenobi simultaneously seriously. Especially when after that "power growth" he's getting his barrier broken by ventress and kenobi on their own(with maul's help in the latter case) and performs nowhere close toh ow well he does vs dooku. Season 3 oppress woulds tomp oppress in his prime

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Still think Savage sending Dooku flying was a combination of Strength + TK. After all he does the same to Anakin and Obi-Wan moments later (yes he was rage enhanced, but he did it to 2 of them that time, and sent them much further).

Also physically speaking, there's no way a Saber clash alone would send someone flying through the air like that. Either they'd be disarmed or the Saber would be pushed back into their face. But they won't go flying through the air, no matter how hard the Saber clash is.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 01:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

It happened, suck it up. smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Rofl at the idea of Savage being the overall superior combatant to Dooku, tbh.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

suck it up

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:30 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Still think Savage sending Dooku flying was a combination of Strength + TK. After all he does the same to Anakin and Obi-Wan moments later (yes he was rage enhanced, but he did it to 2 of them that time, and sent them much further).

Also physically speaking, there's no way a Saber clash alone would send someone flying through the air like that. Either they'd be disarmed or the Saber would be pushed back into their face. But they won't go flying through the air, no matter how hard the Saber clash is.
Using TK with saber combat seems like something Jedi and Sith always do; I remember Anakin's palm playing very close attention to a saber lock him and Dooku had in RotS. And if it's something Savage can do during a fight, all the more power to him.
Originally posted by Petrus
Rofl at the idea of Savage being the overall superior combatant to Dooku, tbh.
I don't think anyone said that, but it is a funny idea. thumb up

Rule of cool > any argument you could possibly make. Savage beating Dooku would not be the cool move to make in TCW. But it doesn't mean Nova isn't in for a rinsing when I tackle his post tomorrow.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:30 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Beniboybling
suck it up

R o f l.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by ILS
deleted scene pls

Not canon.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by ILS
But it doesn't mean Nova isn't in for a rinsing when I tackle his post tomorrow.

I guess I'll have to wait for you're actually debating. Do you really think Savage is going to send Dooku flying with each blow, or?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 11:53 PM
NTJack0
Ranger

Dooku stomps.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 12:05 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope but in short there's nothing spectacular about the context of his swatting away of Dooku. The idea that hitting thin air, which wastes way more energy than landing a hit, provides some kind of special momentum is unfounded. And even if it is the case, Dooku's tactic will be to make Savage miss, hence I see a repeat happening.

Your post addressed this in advance IIRC. Something about "Dooku will learn from his mistake." Can we apply this to Savage and lightning, in a canon where he was apprenticed to one of three existing Sith Lords for months after being hit by said lightning? A canon where Ventress (sub-Sith training) and Obi-Wan (has at best trained with simulation lightning) can block it on their worst day? Or is Savage incapable of 1+¹=2????

If you find a way to refute that I think the cancer might go terminal. I'm even using fictional parameters of your choosing at this point.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 12:13 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

actual*

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 12:13 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Can't even quote your post.

quote:
Nope but in short there's nothing spectacular about the context of his swatting away of Dooku. The idea that hitting thin air, which wastes way more energy than landing a hit, provides some kind of special momentum is unfounded. And even if it is the case, Dooku's tactic will be to make Savage miss, hence I see a repeat happening.

Hitting thin air doesn't give you momentum, but continuing that into another strike and so on will. Try it yourself, lol. You also didn't address my point that Dooku was poorly positioned (not sure why they had that happen for a Makashi master, but that's TCW for you).

As for Dooku missing Savage's strikes and then going flying when the blades hit again, I already said that if the circumstances repeat themselves, then it can happen again. I'm just not seeing a simple strike from Savage sending Dooku flying on contact. If he keeps missing strikes and builds up momentum, then lands an attack when Dooku is poorly positioned again, then of course the same thing will happen again. And arguably, Dooku would go flying further, since Savage is probably stronger by now too.

quote:
Your post addressed this in advance IIRC. Something about "Dooku will learn from his mistake." Can we apply this to Savage and lightning, in a canon where he was apprenticed to one of three existing Sith Lords for months after being hit by said lightning? A canon where Ventress (sub-Sith training) and Obi-Wan (has at best trained with simulation lightning) can block it on their worst day? Or is Savage incapable of 1+¹=2????

Why not? I didn't say anything about Lightning. I'm not expecting Dooku to hold him down like a hound with Lightning or anything.

But as with Savage sending Dooku flying, just because it won't happen every time he attacks, doesn't mean it can't happen. Dooku might still tag Savage with Lightning at some point, just as Savage might still disarm Dooku at some point.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 12:17 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SunRazer
You also didn't address my point
I said I would tomorrow, but I'm gonna do it now.
quote:
Firstly, I didn't say it can't ever happen again. I said it won't happen every single time they ****ing clash blades, because that's ridiculous. I mean, honestly, do you actually think that every single time they clash blades Dooku is going to flying again?
So as we established, this is a strawman. "Every single time" isn't the same as not being probable. I'm arguing for probable.

quote:
Consider Savage with his "growth after the fight". Turtle Tanker fight with [people who aren't 80 years old] Ventress, the Adi Gallia fight, etc. - where on ****ing Earth does Savage send them flying or disarm them in one blow? Never. Want a good reason for that? Because he isn't strong enough to send people of any respectable caliber flying with one strike. There's circumstances to his feat with Dooku.
Or Dooku's age caught up with him, and those two much younger fighters have demonstrated their superior strength? Like I said, maybe Dooku not being perfect is a thing idk????
quote:
The fact that Dooku suddenly went from dodging blow after blow from Savage (and easily, at that) to actually trying to block the strikes should tell you something.
It tells me he ran out of ideas and opted not to get cut in half.
quote:
Clearly, he positioned himself poorly, which necessitated that he actually engage Savage's blade instead of dodging again.
You countered your own post for me.

"he" - f*cking Dooku the man himself

positioned "himself" - no, the government didn't do it, climate change didn't do it, Lucas didn't do it, f*cking Dooku did it

poorly.

Also? Why do you think it might be that Dooku was in a bad position? Hmm?

https://youtu.be/7s3x8ox2ToE?t=1m16s

Could it be that every time Savage tried to hack him in half he moved back. Moving back being an uncomfortable way to fight at the best of times due to the liability of basic human motor skills? You know, how we're designed not to walk the way our f*cking eyes aren't looking??????

And poor position? Really? What was wrong with it? The ground was flat. I didn't see any old-bastard magnets in the vicinity. And when Dooku went for his flight I saw plenty of air-time before he actually came into contact with a wall.

So please Nova. I'm enthralled. Elucidate on why Dooku - not Savage - not only got himself into a "bad position", but also on how it's NAWT HIS FAWLT OKEY DOOKU PEFECT

quote:
On top of that, Savage would've been building up momentum with all of his strikes that he missed. So a combination of momentum on Savage's part and poor positioning on Dooku's part is why Savage managed that one shot.
Hitting thin air multiple times in a row combined with walking forwards. The most efficient momentum builder in the history of martial arts. How revolutionary and unique and unfair. Poor Dooku.
quote:
Obviously, Dooku would be an utter ****pot to meet Savage's blows head-on.
Better than being cut in half, clearly, hence why he did it. But sans your fictional parameters of "NOT DOOKU FAWLT BAD POSITION OKEY", what other options are available to him? Dodging infinitely? Meeting his blows at a glancing angle, which is not only dangerous but a huge tax on his stamina?

quote:
He'll tire himself quickly and unnecessarily.
The thing I love most about this discussion is that I don't even disagree with anything you're saying. It's just a case of working with you until you realise whose argument you've been supporting the entire time. Tip: not your own.
quote:
But seeing as Savage has improved since WotM, it's only natural that their blades will connect at some point or other. And when that happens, despite the toll it'll take on Dooku's reserves, it won't be sending him flying once again. Dooku can ****ing engage Yoda in a saberlock for extended periods of time. Yes, it'll be tiring, but he's met greater strength before and he can do it again.
So your evidence that Dooku will be able to consistently meet Savage's blade without his stamina or balance flagging, is that he managed to lose to Yoda in 40 seconds? Savage who has already sent him flying, opposed to Yoda who didn't? And I know how much you love using the novel/junior novel, so before you do, I'll remind you that on top of Yoda possibly holding back, and not at all being a strength-based fighter (which is what taxes Dooku's strength most quickly, not light fast strikes), he spent the all of the beginning of the duel fighting only defensively. When he went on the offensive, guess who lost?

So again, to sum up in perfectly simple terms:

Savage - not Yoda. Yoda - not Savage.
Losing - not very good evidence to use.
quote:
Savage is not sending Dooku flying on first contact with a blade. And yes, if the circumstances match the ones in WotM, then Savage will be doing it again.
Totally agreed Nova, totally agreed. And I like the enthusiasm.
quote:
In fact, he won't even need much momentum, since, as you said, he's gotten stronger.
Man, and the momentum by itself was enough, wasn't it? Poor Dooku.
quote:
I doubt that'll happen

AhhhhhhhHHHHHHH WE NEARLY GOT SOMEWHERE

quote:
- by choice, at least, because Dooku's learned his lesson.
IT'S ALMOST LIKE SOMETIMES YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE WHEN SOMEONE IS SWINGING A LIGHTSABER AT YOU NOVA STOP

quote:
If you want to argue that Savage can contend with Dooku blade-wise long enough to tire him out, then that's fine. But don't ****ing argue - or even imply - that every blade clash will result in Dooku flying.
I DIDN'T
quote:
And that's all I was contesting - that Dooku isn't going to go flying every time their blades meet. Nowhere did I insinuate that Dooku can meet Savage's strength head-on without consequence, or that power blows don't constitute a problem to him. Seriously, just ****ing read, pommy *****.
THEN EAT YOUR GODDAMN MEDICINE NOVA BECAUSE THE "CONSEQUENCE" IN QUESTION IS ANOTHER TRIP TO F*CKING WALL-LAND

LMAO

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

THEY DON'T MAKE DEBATERS LIKE THIS ANY MORE

NO SIR

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:13 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SunRazer
Can't even quote your post.

Hitting thin air doesn't give you momentum, but continuing that into another strike and so on will. Try it yourself, lol. You also didn't address my point that Dooku was poorly positioned (not sure why they had that happen for a Makashi master, but that's TCW for you).

As for Dooku missing Savage's strikes and then going flying when the blades hit again, I already said that if the circumstances repeat themselves, then it can happen again. I'm just not seeing a simple strike from Savage sending Dooku flying on contact. If he keeps missing strikes and builds up momentum, then lands an attack when Dooku is poorly positioned again, then of course the same thing will happen again. And arguably, Dooku would go flying further, since Savage is probably stronger by now too.

Why not? I didn't say anything about Lightning. I'm not expecting Dooku to hold him down like a hound with Lightning or anything.

But as with Savage sending Dooku flying, just because it won't happen every time he attacks, doesn't mean it can't happen. Dooku might still tag Savage with Lightning at some point, just as Savage might still disarm Dooku at some point.
sO to keep this nice and short:

WALKING FORWARD = PROBABLY MOMENTUM
WALKING FORWARD = PROBABLY NOT A VERY DIFFICULT THING TO REPLICATE

SECOND PARAGRAPH HAS BEEN COVERED

AS FOR LIGHTNING

IF AOTC KENOBI CAN RENDER IT OBSOLETE I WONDER HOW THE F*CK SAVAGE IS GOING TO DO. I BET HE'S IN A WORLD OF FRIGGING TROUBLE, WHAT WITH ALL THAT EXPERIENCE HE HAD WITH LIGHTNING AND THE TIME HE HAD TO REFLECT ON IT AND IT BEING SOMETHING A DARK JEDI LIKE VENTRESS CAN FIGURE OUT AND GEE I WONDER IF MAUL TOLD HIM AND I WONDER WHY THE WRITERS HAD SAVAGE BLOCKING IT IN A SCENE THAT WAS ANIMATED TO A DEGREE AND RELEASED TO US AND IS THIS ACTUALLY REALLY DIFFICULT OR SOMETHING I DON'T F*CKING GET IT BUT I'M WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH FOR YOUR NEXT POST NOVA LET'S HEAR IT BUDDY

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:20 AM