KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Woohoo, official off-topic thread!

Woohoo, official off-topic thread!
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3949): « First ... « 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 2126 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 03:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That last post from Polaski was actually me. We have the same damn Star Wars theme.

Btw, happy birthday to this dude!

Same B-Day as my Dad.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:00 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Xanatos can die for all I care.

Also, has anyone else here played Demon's Souls?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

My little brother celebrated his birthday today, too.

And Peach, some people don't travel well. My dad is one of those people. He can't drive for more than an hour without having to stop to pee. I can't imagine him being comfortable on a plane. He took a train once and that was pretty good.

I hate traveling too. I like being somewhere else, but getting there sucks ass.

France still sucks.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:07 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I've found that despite having severe claustrophobia, I handle flying very well. I just tend to get very dizzy on takeoff and landing.

Though I will say, my first flight, which was an overnight one to England and was nearly nine hours long was hell. I was in the very middle of a row of five seats and I couldn't get comfortable to sleep and pulled a muscle in my back.

I've done an 8 hour drive myself a few times, and GK and I did a five hour drive together. Long car rides are less fun but still not a big deal.

I love visiting other places, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:15 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
France still sucks.
You base this on what knowledge of the place?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I hate traveling. Only counting out of country places, I've been to Hawaii, England, Mexico and Canada, and the only thing that I got out of those trips in regards to understanding their culture is that Hawaii has giant flying cockroaches, Mexico is hot and dirty, Canada is cold as ****, and London has dirty air. Thing is, even before going to those places I already knew all that stuff. So, yeah. I hate traveling. Google images, Youtube and internet forums are really the only things I need to enjoy other cultures.

EDIT- Gonna throw Florida in there too. Florida's hot as hell, and it has wild alligators that take naps on sidewalks. WTF?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jul 4th, 2010 at 04:27 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechagoomba
I should be a mario boss

Originally posted by NemeBro
Xanatos can die for all I care.

Also, has anyone else here played Demon's Souls?

No but ive been thinking about getting it. How is the game though?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:26 AM
mechagoomba is currently offline Click here to Send mechagoomba a Private Message Find more posts by mechagoomba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by NemeBro
You base this on what knowledge of the place?

Little bit of historical, a few people I know, and a few titles and some possibly false cultural knowledge. Surely you expected as much. I could hate someone for a Klondike bar.

Edit: I have also been on four planes. I do not like any part of the experience, at all. Well, that's not true. Looking at the clouds out of the window was cool, but that was dead after a few minutes.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:29 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It's also France. I don't really understand why anyone would need to provide justification for thinking it sucks.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:29 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

A good point.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:35 AM
Peach
mordrem

Looking at the clouds out of the window was cool

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...tar/IMG0264.jpg

Also, I maintain that you cannot actually enjoy another culture until you've actually experienced it first-hand.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:48 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Peach
...why would you not want to travel, and why would you never want to visit anywhere in Europe?

I love traveling, the only reason I don't more is because I can't afford it.
I have traveled and been places before but have no interest to ever go to europe.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
EDIT- Gonna throw Florida in there too. Florida's hot as hell, and it has wild alligators that take naps on sidewalks. WTF?

Yeah this is true by the way. no expression

In St. Petersburg in particular, back in I believe the 50s or 60s there was a man who had his very own gator farm. People could actually buy baby Alligators, because they are cute and shit, only for them to notice that cute little baby gator starts growing MUCH bigger, so they dump them in the sewers. This happened alot. no expression The gators grew up in the sewers and occasionally leave them. Once there was one on my front lawn, that I saw as I was about to go to school, opened the door, stared at it for a few seconds, slammed it, then ran to mah mommy. no expression

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:52 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by mechagoomba
No but ive been thinking about getting it. How is the game though?
AMAZING.

The game is very hard though, especially at first, but that is part of the depth of the game, the game is very rewarding, you cannot play it like most hack and slash games such as God of War (No disrespect). You have to learn the patterns of the enemy's you fight, so as to formulate a better method of taking them down.

Bosses in particular can be difficult at first, but once you figure them out, is amazing fun.

Have logged in over 30 hours already, if that means anything to you.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:54 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I wouldn't mind visiting a few places in Europe, but not like any of the big big countries there. I'd rather see like, Ireland, Scotland, and Austria. Castles, mostly.

I wish I could be like Dr. Doom and live in a castle that has electricity hookups and stuff. That's probably one of the few things that could top a huge mansion. "Oh yeah, just added a few new wings onto the mansion. How about you?" "Oh, we just put a thirty foot TV in the throne room."

Would like to see some places in Russia, too.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 05:04 AM
mechagoomba
I should be a mario boss

Yeah I heard it was hard but that was part of the reason I wanted to get it. I would have it but I was a bit low on cash at that point and I had other things I needed to save up for. D:

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 05:17 AM
mechagoomba is currently offline Click here to Send mechagoomba a Private Message Find more posts by mechagoomba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I would definately recommend it to anyone who was willing to work past the difficulty to see how deep the game really is.

Is definately not for casual gaming.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 05:18 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Aside from the obvious via the title, what's it about?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 05:19 AM
NemeBro

Aside from the obvious via the title, what's it about?
The Old One (Cthulhu I randomly assume based on absolutely nothing) has awoke from its slumber, and as such the world is slowly being covered by a colourless fog, which brings demons that raep your ass, steal your soul, and turn your into their slave.

The goal is to lull the Old One back to its slumber.

The plotline is not the focus of the game though, the gameplay is. It is a dark medievel fantasy adventure, and is known for being difficult, but mostly avoiding fake difficulty.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 05:26 AM