KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Practical application experiment.

Practical application experiment.
Started by: Peloquin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is fun smile

Chillin out with my little Irish leprechaun, my faithful butler Jeeves and a ukulele playin Hawaiian midget. All is solid in Pel's world.

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 05:37 AM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

OK, first of all I don't think you need to warn Jilly about me Pel, but thanks anyway, you made me feel all, I don't know, hardcore roll eyes (sarcastic)

Secondly, I'm getting what you guys are saying, I'm reading you word for word and yet I'm hearing so much more than what's written. I don't think I'm on the same wavelength as you, not even close, but I feel connected.

Keep me linked, ok?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 06:19 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

OK, I have no idea if this is going to work, but I'm concentrating on Pel right now.

We're never online at the same time, so I figured I'd start large and call on my favourite guy big grin

*screws up eyes and fists and starts to focus on Pel*

shifty

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 08:24 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
OK, I have no idea if this is going to work, but I'm concentrating on Pel right now.

We're never online at the same time, so I figured I'd start large and call on my favourite guy big grin

*screws up eyes and fists and starts to focus on Pel*

shifty

heh heh heh

You're so awesome. Oh my god so unbelievably cute!!

I have to do something right now but I'll come back on and chat to you about this.

For now a key within a riddle, always the riddle heh heh heh: you have to hold onto me within your mind by not holding onto me within your mind. Focus by way of non focus.

wink

You rock my world Sy. big grin

Chillin out with my little Irish leprechaun, my faithful butler Jeeves and a ukulele playin Hawaiian midget. All is solid in Pel's world.

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 11:13 PM
Peloquin is currently offline Click here to Send Peloquin a Private Message Find more posts by Peloquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok so it kinda like the idea of a 'world within'. Calling someone is quite difficult to do. One must understand the riddle of the mind. In terms of the mind being an ocean. In one sense you are just a drop of water in that ocean that only knows itself as a drop. It looks upon the ocean as a drop from within it...separate by defining itself as a drop. When you tried to call me you used the right theory but you looked within the 'drop' to call me. The 'drop of water' must expand its idea of self and realise it is of the ocean, one with it, it is the ocean. Within the ocean, many drops of water, I am one, you are one. From an expanded point of being an ocean look within to call me. smile See what I mean? Heh Heh. The trick is in first expanding your mind as a singular 'drop of water' to being an ocean. It is holding onto me without holding onto me. It is focus without focus.

To expand your 'drop' heh heh, start small. Try calling an object into your life. A feather is perfect to start with. It's nature, light, associated with air and freedom, you bring that nature in when you call something like a feather. Then you use that nature within you to expand. Little by little.

Oh yeah...Sy...'keep you linked'. Until you ask it of me I shall not leave. Came to you for a reason. I'll go from verbal/written communication when you can hear me without the need for it. I'll still be there as long as you wish it.

-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 01:19 AM
jilly boel

peloquin ,
what you said about my dreaming state makes sense, very much sense. I was never one for linear thinking it was always to restictive anyway, ha ha.
That said, i think i might be able to re-phrase what you just told syren, In say more human terms stick out tongue. its all about points of reference.....

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 04:30 AM
jilly boel is currently offline Click here to Send jilly boel a Private Message Find more posts by jilly boel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jilly boel

ok, syren, in around about way, heres my perspective on what peloquin just said-
Stop for a sec and look around you, the world you see and everything in it. what you see is you. You create your reality,,, now before you say, hey, wait a sec, i didn;t create that window, and i certainly didn;t create johhny depp on my wall and my collections of my little ponies devil i would agree with you there, what you see is the consensus on reality that most of the human race agree upon, that, that is a chair, and that is a window. But whats all you is your perception of the world. A good way to look at it is that no 2 people have the same memory of the same event, we might both see the same person, where i might think he looks angry you might think he looks worried. Now if you take it further then we might agree that no two people actually exist in the same world, i have no understanding in the slightest of the world of say a doctor, i have reference points that make me able to understand his point of veiw, but i have never been 6 hours into an operation, covered in blood and tinkering with someones ticker, nor will i ever, this dr may have a girlfriend and i understand what it is to have a girlfriend, but not "his" girlfriend. That said, if i dated the same girl he did, i still would have understanding of his girlfriend and his expereince but my experience of the same women would be completely different. see he may think shes annoying when she gets drunk, but i might think shes damn sexy when shes drunk................

that said, people don;t realise this, but we are all alone in the world, that is what it means to be human.

Now, if our perception of the world is how we create the world. then our state of mind determines the nature of our world .... if your happy, then the world is a bright place, if you are sad, it is a dark
place.
Now, when that is said, what people don;t realise is what happens when you throw your personal power into the mix, thats when you start to have fun or pain if you are careless.

Basically you are constantly sending out messages into the world and the world answers back. Most of the time the messages are unconcious and mixed, hence the reason people have such crazy lives...........
Now, to actually get to the point of what peloquin was saying, is that when you called him to you, you intent was right, the mistake you made was that you kept holding on to the thought. You didn;t let it go and the more you let it go the better. its like you had a letter, but never posted it so the person never received it, and thats all you need to do.
you hold a thought, a question, and object or a person in your minds eye, ( imagine it as solidly as possible, i.e - ask the question , then see it answered, call the person and see them come....) and then let it go. Know its in the post, it may take awhile, but it will get to its destination and when that happens you will get a response.........

once you work it out its powerful stuff, the danger of it all is what the actual message is that your sending out , i.e- be careful what you wish for you might just get it.
if i read what peleoquin said about him calling money and being able to sit on his arse. He got his money but was in a wheel chair for sometime with both legs broken, it is powerful stuff. ............. am i close to the mark peloquin????

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:28 AM
jilly boel is currently offline Click here to Send jilly boel a Private Message Find more posts by jilly boel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jilly boel

and to reference what i just said to the ocean.......

you are a single drop in an ocean, but are the ocean, you are a drop because you define yourself as a drop and that seperates you from being the ocean..........
you are an single individual in the universe, but are the universe, you are an individual because you define yourself as an individual and that seperates you from being the universe

the secret is that you are the drop and the ocean.........you are an indivdual and the universe,

and when you open your self to both possiblities, thats when the fun really starts...................................

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:40 AM
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

More Human terms??...(little antennas on Pel's head straighten suddenly with a 'ping' sound)

Just what do you mean by that? You taking the piss Jilly or what?

That's it, I'm coming to your dreams tonight in the form of Cletus the slack jawed yokel and am going to sing 'I'm Henry the 8th I am' till your head explodes. No 'time' in the Dream stalker, prepare for an eternity of bad hillbilly karaoke. I wonder Jilly, what mood might you be in tomorrow morning?. hahahahahaha. (don't worry folks it's just fun and games, nothing better in this world than to play, Jilly...yeah you're cool you know what I'm doing)

When a Dreamer and a stalker meet they display two sides of the same coin. One approaches power from outside of physical reality (dreamer) the other pulls power from within physical reality (stalker). The two butt heads allot. Jilly, do you have a 'dreamer' friend in your world? Know what I'm talking about? I'm sure you do as you've just done the classic coin mirroring here. That is why I respond with a game. Through playing we learn the others art.That is why you and I have met here I think, this is a good thing and I'm enjoying it very much.

With that said, I liked my approach better smile

Nah man good points and thank you for your perspective. I thought the letter posting bit was spot on. Happy to hear what I said about your dreams touched truth within you. The path you take is a long one, as I'm sure you know, I wish you all the best and am here and more than willing to help in any way I can. You didn't mention if you felt my presence though...would like to know your perception on this. Where in Australia are you Jilly?? I'm in Brisvegas. Oh yeah....you fully just stole my Ocean thing...Yeah sure I stole it from someone else but not from right under their nose!!

"Second verse, same as the first" MAW!! Come Awn out I'ma singin a sowng! Yehaw.

-Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by Peloquin on Jun 9th, 2004 at 06:26 AM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:24 AM
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jilly, I have friends like you around me. We test and play with eachother and I've kinda slipped right into doing that with you here. Are you cool with that? Heh heh I'm not really going to do the slack jawed yokel to ya. Just taking the piss.

-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 06:51 AM
Syren
dreaming

So instead of defining myself as simply one drop in the ocean, just another statistic, I should rather see myself as the whole of the ocean and a miniscule part of it? How do you do these two things at the same time? They are two sides of a coin, yet also two extremes, so far separated yet also so close they're almost one.

Why start with a feather? If I know I can do it, then I can do it. As Peloquin has already said at some point, it is the belief in one's capabilities that limit one's capabilities, am I right?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 02:33 PM
jilly boel

quote:
Originally posted by Peloquin
More Human terms??...(little antennas on Pel's head straighten suddenly with a 'ping' sound)

When a Dreamer and a stalker meet they display two sides of the same coin. One approaches power from outside of physical reality (dreamer) the other pulls power from within physical reality (stalker). The two butt heads allot. Jilly, do you have a 'dreamer' friend in your world? Know what I'm talking about? I'm sure you do as you've just done the classic coin mirroring here.

ha ha, are you asking me if i have any friends that are a little bit too removed from the coming and goings of day to day life? any friends that seem to be too detached from the situation? who remind your average human of, say, a cold winter wind that cuts right through you and leaves you chilled to the bone............ then yes, mu ha ha....

that said, i live in byron bay, theres a nice energy here.............. as you can imagine...............................

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:19 AM
jilly boel

quote:
So instead of defining myself as simply one drop in the ocean, just another statistic, I should rather see myself as the whole of the ocean and a miniscule part of it? How do you do these two things at the same time? They are two sides of a coin, yet also two extremes, so far separated yet also so close they're almost one.

Why start with a feather? If I know I can do it, then I can do it. As Peloquin has already said at some point, it is the belief in one's capabilities that limit one's capabilities, am I right?

It is very true about your capabilities, but that said, finding a technique that breaks it down the process into its simplest form, and you don;t get more simple than say a feather, highlights that there is a mechanism at work.......and that it is purely just a mechanism......

if you can break it down into its most base form, then you have a reference point to work with.............. you can see it, work with it and then use it as a tool, to discover more.......................................

if i was teaching you kung fu for the first time............. the last thing i would show you first was the 'touch of death' even if you had a natural talent for the 'touch', i would say "hey sy, here is the 'pinkie touch of annoyance' "

"go out into the world and use this new technique and see what happens.............."

so a feather is good, becasue once you see the mechanism and then expand it to encompasse everthing in your life, then you can use it as easily as breathing...............................

that said, i think peloquin missed a bit .......... that when you call the feather......... picture it in your hand.........other wise you will only see it....................

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:36 AM
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, sounds like you're describing someone with some intimacy issues heh heh heh I was actually asking about the art of dreaming. And if you met anyone who displays that art. Or you might just have met a dreamer with issues, if that's the case you should come up to Brisvegas for a visit. See how the art is practiced from someone who thinks the Muppets had the right idea in life big grin

-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:47 AM
Syren
dreaming

Can I just ask either one of you to define 'dreamer' and 'stalker' please? big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:29 PM
Peloquin
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Can I just ask either one of you to define 'dreamer' and 'stalker' please? big grin

heheh lucky I've already had a run up for this question. I'll PM you my first attempt at writing this in the written word. It's a book Sy, you ask for a book. laughing

-Kahlil Gibran

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 10:56 PM
Syren
dreaming

I asked for a book, I received a book. As good as his word that guy yes

But OMG, it's enlightening.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 10:28 AM