KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Heroism

Heroism
Started by: G.P

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
peterKSL
In a different dimension

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
Did you ever here of the freudian instance model, you know id, ego superego, not everything we do comes because we decide it. Its more of a subconcious thing sometimes, and there it can never be unselfish.

I agree that humans are selfish most of the time... because I am selfish too most of the time without realising it.. but you said that "and there it can never be unselfish".... you used never...

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:38 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

well I belive in science though, with never I mean very very very very very improbable, maybe in 20 billion years once and even then I doubt it.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

okok... let's put it this way, what if a person never realises the importance of oneself... ;I come from a more tradisional place, and I am exposed to the "unselfish deeds" of the people there, because we "help our neighbour as ourselves", so as to say if one never realises the importance of oneself, then that is hard for him/her to be selfish then can't it?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:46 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

No than he lives according to what he was brought up to if he wouldn't he would feel bad and therefore it is selfish again

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:49 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

HOW CAN ONE BE SELFISH IF ONE IS NOT THINKING OF THE BENEFITS ONE CAN GET?

MAN THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS i AM STARTING TO USE CAPPITAL LETTERS.... lol

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:54 PM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

wait a second... you are saying that feeling is selfish??

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:55 PM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

hmm.. that's new to me..

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:55 PM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

got another important key point from our conversation... lol

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:56 PM
Bardock42

No I didn'T say feeling is selfish wanting a certain feeling and doing something to get it is selfish, and I just said there is probably no case where someone does something ot to benefit from it.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 09:58 PM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
Did you ever here of the freudian instance model, you know id, ego superego, not everything we do comes because we decide it. Its more of a subconcious thing sometimes, and there it can never be unselfish.

I certainly don't believe in freudian instance model..... because I don't believe that if you do something subconsciously, you can still be selfish... because selfish I thought can only be accuired if one is still conscious of the decision....

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:06 PM
Bardock42

well that is just plain wrong, you are most certainly especially selfish subconciously

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:08 PM
peterKSL
In a different dimension

I think maybe you are right... I still have much more to learn about... still not familiar with subconscious mind part yet... there is no point for me to talk about something I am not familiar about...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:11 PM
Bardock42

Oh I do it too, I just state my opinion

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:12 PM