KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Psychic powers

Psychic powers
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alkavar_3

Question

are u for real? this isnt about films an stuff is it? x i think im telekentic, i threw some one across a corridor once, im not lying, i swear on my mothers life, and i like my mum. x an i can sense when stuff happens like once on the way home from school i aksed my mum if we were going to the cinema, she said yes, how'd u know?! freaky or wat? im being serious, unlike some in here.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:30 AM
alkavar_3 is currently offline Click here to Send alkavar_3 a Private Message Find more posts by alkavar_3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alkavar_3

this sounds like a place for crazy attention seeking teens who feel they can "orb" and teleport, well i have REAL psychic powers, and do u see me on the news? "Distressed teen seems to be ripping students aapart with mind" i dont think so. so if u want sopme fiction, read a book. i beleive some of you, just not all of you, and i hope you beleive in me, im telling the truth.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:36 AM
alkavar_3 is currently offline Click here to Send alkavar_3 a Private Message Find more posts by alkavar_3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I don't believe you.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2004 07:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slipthefeeling

quit bullsh*tting people.
chances are, you DON'T have psychic powers, and you like to lie on the internet.
but have fun thinking that everyone believes you.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 11:57 PM
slipthefeeling is currently offline Click here to Send slipthefeeling a Private Message Find more posts by slipthefeeling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by slipthefeeling
quit bullsh*tting people.
chances are, you DON'T have psychic powers, and you like to lie on the internet.
but have fun thinking that everyone believes you.

High five to the hardcore newbie!!

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 12:12 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

My psychic powers can predict what you will do next.
You will: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: read this spoiler

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 09:34 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
this sounds like a place for crazy attention seeking teens who feel they can "orb" and teleport, well i have REAL psychic powers, and do u see me on the news? "Distressed teen seems to be ripping students aapart with mind" i dont think so. so if u want sopme fiction, read a book. i beleive some of you, just not all of you, and i hope you beleive in me, im telling the truth.
power of insanity more than anything else

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 09:44 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

laughing out loud

I couldn't careless if people believe the things I say or not.

Psychic powers are a gift to be used for the good of others, not just youself. The result of selfish acts and you will lose this. So alkavar 3 I hardly see why you'd be gifted if you critise others for thier own beliefs and for bad purposes.

As Uncle Ben once said 'With great power, comes great responsiblity.' yes

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 10:17 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
My psychic powers can predict what you will do next.
You will: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: read this spoiler
Damn, you got me

Psychic powers are almost a certainty in the future as we're able to use more of our brain matter. But ALL of the pychics of today (claivoyants, telekinetics, thought-readers, etc.) are charlatans and hacks.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:02 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"What do you guys think, do i have telekenisis or is it just considence??"

Neither. I think you're lying. However if you're not, then coincidence.

-AC

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
my thoughts are that you are not a clairvoyant

quote:
Originally posted by finti
i am beyond psychic powers

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
BlackCat> IF you're Clairvoyant, as you claim, then you already KNOW what my thoughts are, don't you?

No?
That's what I thought.

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I don't believe you.

*floats in on magic carpet*

mad

You are all such pragmatists. Boring.

You need to extend you thought processes, widen your horizons, open yourselves to the wonders of the universe and the KMC members who are the messengers. They alone hold the key.

What the f**k?

laughing laughing out loud laughing

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:21 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

There are psychic powers and you CAN have them.

I'd like to start by saying i dont give wut you non-believers think, to make you believe would require too much. and that "too much" is impossible. most will say its coincidense and dismiss everything branded as proof. plus we can never get an ample amount of evidence to back this up, we'll usually see very few people at a time.

Its a matter of getting your mind out of your physical form...tha more you get out-of-touch with your body, tha more you are psychic. many of you : when you walk you dont feel tha energies around you or tha brain waves eminating from others nearby...you are viewing wut is around you as you're thoughts are very connected to your feet stepping before tha other and your arms swaying as you do so. if someone were to stand in front of you, you'd realize so as soon as you see them approaching from tha corner of your eye. most people can't get out of that mentality which is why there are few with psychic powers.

Now imagine sending your body a signal for <Walk>. and your mind thinks without a quick connection to your body. so if someone steps in front of you, it takes longer to notice. tha more you are in that state of mind, tha more psychic you are.

Basically, it is extremely difficult for tha obvious reasons that you need to survive by being well in touch with your physical form - thus is tha reason many are not psychics and dismiss anything relative to this subject.

I had very limited psychic talents, especially manipulation as that power is tha biggest increase you will notice...latent mind control, precognition...such as dreams but also quick flashes or a "feel" of near future events. at that point in my life, i was very clumsy and extremely timid about simple tasks like walking - i'd always feel weak and inexperienced at bodily movements. i hated walking around large crowds too, like a hundred televisions were on at tha same time...i couldn't pinpoint an exact signal - while this was happening i would have to concentrate to make sure i wasn't falling over since walking was more difficult than it should ever be.

However, now i am opposite. i have lost all psyhic abilities and feel awakened. it sucks because it was like i was in another dimention, things hit me harder now like my really low GPA or even just saying my full name aloud. reality hit me smack in tha face and all i have left is an experience i'll never forget.

Last edited by HarmoNiC FLo on Oct 25th, 2004 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 10:01 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

I have some psychic abilities in a few ways

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 09:19 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I sort of already know what they'll say or do in a given situation and don't need much to pick up on it.

Yeah, but I think that is because you have been around the individual so long. I can hold entire conversations with myself (lol) because I know the general idea of what my parents would say in a situation.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 09:31 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

you lot have been watching too many movies, its a shame they really have ruined ur lives

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 04:06 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

I'm a bit comfused, what is psychic got to do with philosophy? Sorry if I asked, but I'm only 16... turning 17 in january...

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 10:37 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I don't think alot of people could do it.And if they say they are fakes.It is one of a million changes that someone actly have this power!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:37 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VamPirate

HELL YEA TO PSYCHIC-NESS!!!!
rock on, BlackC@t!

i happen to be a bit psychic myself, no joke.
i cannot tell you how many times it's saved me. literally.
i used to be suicidal, and at one point, i almost succeeded. but my cell phone rang, and my best friend somehow knew what i was doing and talked me out of it. this happened TWICE.
then, when he became suicidal, i knew just when to call.
other stuff has happened, jlike i always know when my parents will be arriving home, i can usually tell what events will happen throughout the course of a week.

to all you believers, keep it up.
to all you skeptics, maybe you could open your minds a bit.
just because we cannot explain or "prove" psychic abilities, it doesnt mean that they dont exist.
it's as simple as the fact that most beings fear the unknown.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 05:16 PM
VamPirate is currently offline Click here to Send VamPirate a Private Message Find more posts by VamPirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I was always skeptical of psychic claims........but I do now believe that some unknown phenomena such as E.S.P. does exist. It does have scientific merit.

Do a quick google search for "quantum spooky affect" or "quantum spooky action" and read about the "spooky affect".....

In our universe there is an as of yet unknown means of instantaneously transmitting information. Nobody knows how....it just seems as though information can pass between two subjects with no known means. There is a connection between them that science has just recently discovered and can not explain. Most people point to an ever elusive unified field theory.....or unified theory of everything........that there is some underlying energy that binds everything together.......and this bind, this tie is what is used to transmit the information as in the spooky affect.

If photons can transmit information through some unknown energy or tie..........why can't humans? Why can't humans recieve information from this connection?........what is instinct? Is instinct (which is present throughout nature in every life form) simply the gathering of information from this universal tie?

I used a good analogy a few weeks back on this subject. I'll give it again. I was watching the national geographic channel....a show about predators and it hit me.

Snakes have poor eye site.....they rely mainly on heat and motion from their prey to hunt. When a rat sees a snake......it freezes. Why? How does the rat know the snake has bad eye site? How does it know to stay motionless to make it harder for the snake to find it? One might say it's merely coincidence.....except: When a rat sees a cat, it runs. Cat's have great eye site, they can clearly see their prey. How does the rat know the cat has good eye site.......and therefore know it should run and not just simply stand still? The rat has not gained any information about the snake or cat through known physical means.......so we refer to this as instinct. It just knows what to do......without ever learning. What exactly is instinct? Is instinct itself a form of E.S.P.? Is insticnt, E.S.P., remote viewing, deja vu, etc. all simply information gained from a universal tie with everything else?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 04:44 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dwarfdude
Official KMC F*ck Monkey

quote:
Originally posted by VamPirate
HELL YEA TO PSYCHIC-NESS!!!!
rock on, BlackC@t!

i happen to be a bit psychic myself, no joke.
i cannot tell you how many times it's saved me. literally.
i used to be suicidal, and at one point, i almost succeeded. but my cell phone rang, and my best friend somehow knew what i was doing and talked me out of it. this happened TWICE.
then, when he became suicidal, i knew just when to call.
other stuff has happened, jlike i always know when my parents will be arriving home, i can usually tell what events will happen throughout the course of a week.

to all you believers, keep it up.
to all you skeptics, maybe you could open your minds a bit.
just because we cannot explain or "prove" psychic abilities, it doesnt mean that they dont exist.
it's as simple as the fact that most beings fear the unknown.

Did you know this freind for a long time? 10, maybe 15 years? Are you close? Do you share secrets, your innermost feelings with him?

A study has shown that identical twins, and some fraternal twins, can anticipate and "read" each others thoughts, words, and feelings, even when not in close proximity. It is very possible that this connection of sorts could be made between close freinds. That os most likely the explanation for your saving. As for parents coming home, dogs have an intinct, not related to hearing or smell, that tells them when their master is coming home, disregarding the time of day. This instinct could also be used by humans. Either that, or if your parents come home at around the same time every night, then that would be your body clock.

I can confidently say that I have no fear of the unknown. Do you know why? Because the completely unknown, cannot be feared, because it does not exist. Something that is unknown, unseen, unheard, ect, cannot exist, to the human mind. Thats why these people that try to discover the unknown will never succeed. Because if you know that the unknown is out there, then you already know about the unknown.

Quite the concept.

"Balance is best in all things." -The Odyssey

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 05:40 AM
Dwarfdude is currently offline Click here to Send Dwarfdude a Private Message Find more posts by Dwarfdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

We actually all have psychic abilities, it's just a matter of unleashing and developing them.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 11:21 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote