KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What is your time worth?

What is your time worth?
Started by: Turbo-Cajun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Candy
Jedi-Quietscheentchen

I know. But I'm not that close to them. They dodnt respect me.- And my time is not worth spending with them in afigh. it is worth a good conversation with them. i like spending time with them when they are nice to me...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:08 PM
Candy is currently offline Click here to Send Candy a Private Message Find more posts by Candy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

quote:
Originally posted by Candy
I know. But I'm not that close to them. They dodnt respect me.- And my time is not worth spending with them in afigh. it is worth a good conversation with them. i like spending time with them when they are nice to me...

Yeah, I know what your saying... still though, I know with my paretns that they are starting to get old now and one day they won't be around. So even though I don't always get along with them and everything I still call them every now and then go to visit them, because I do care about them even though we do fight and I don't want to be sorry someday that I didn't do more with them.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 09:32 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdacre

Wow, I can't believe I stumbled upon this forum by doing a search for What is my time worth?

Everyone has so many great thoughts. I must say, as I was reading through I was somewhat shocked to hear the age and realized I am an old man in contrast, at 38!

Your words about spending time with your parents and then moving out and missing them.. so true.. and when you are with them, you need to find space.

I have, without starting a book here, found myself trying to figure out this and just what is "the meaning of life". Since I have been married, then divorced and now quite happily in love, happy but by no means comfortable with my financial picture, but this is because I work for myself now, as a consultant.. computers mostly, but I like to think more of 'common sense' when it comes to "business" consulting.

After all, there is no sure thing, although Bill Gates has done ok, to life, business, or your own future. Listening to how your plans sound wise, to have money in the bank and be comfortable so that you can afford to get married, have children, watch them grow old and leave home, yourself retire and live a great life. In theory that sounds great, while others may say to spend it as you get it and live for the moment is the way to go. I can say I have done both. Infact to sum it up, I was at the lowest I could imagine myself in my life at one point, about one phone call away from being a homeless person. Why? Becuase of my ex-wife in most part, but I can't blame her for everything, afterall it takes two, a legal system and the inability to make money in time to make a difference. This is where having money in the bank would really become a benefit so it become sort of a vicious circle.. you have to spend money to make money... but the key is to not spend too much money in the process.

As a computer consultant/technician, I find myself spending more and more time with computers and less time with people. This is something that I do not mind, however that is becuase I am trying to make the most of the time I do spend when I am with people. Quality of life is important but to have a balance in life is even more important. Yes, it is true that you can never have too much of a good thing, but even when you do have an abundance of one thing, you will always be looking for something else. It is only human to be curious and to always want to consume and grow and learn.

As I sit through reading these posts I realize that I do not have much time as I am having to "go to work" which means visit with clients and return computers that I have been working on from my bench. This means that I am basically always working. So when reading this, my mind became fixated on it and until I could read everything , I knew I couldn't do anything else until I could atleast comment. But now I am late and will continue this later.. I have so many "ideas" that I have wanted to share with people that would be interested in listening and am quite hopful that the people reading this thread may be interested in commenting on some things I have to say as my thoughts.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 08:58 PM
mdacre is currently offline Click here to Send mdacre a Private Message Find more posts by mdacre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytaker
Humpty the whale.

quote:
Originally posted by mdacre
Wow, I can't believe I stumbled upon this forum by doing a search for What is my time worth?

Everyone has so many great thoughts. I must say, as I was reading through I was somewhat shocked to hear the age and realized I am an old man in contrast, at 38!

Your words about spending time with your parents and then moving out and missing them.. so true.. and when you are with them, you need to find space.

I have, without starting a book here, found myself trying to figure out this and just what is "the meaning of life". Since I have been married, then divorced and now quite happily in love, happy but by no means comfortable with my financial picture, but this is because I work for myself now, as a consultant.. computers mostly, but I like to think more of 'common sense' when it comes to "business" consulting.

After all, there is no sure thing, although Bill Gates has done ok, to life, business, or your own future. Listening to how your plans sound wise, to have money in the bank and be comfortable so that you can afford to get married, have children, watch them grow old and leave home, yourself retire and live a great life. In theory that sounds great, while others may say to spend it as you get it and live for the moment is the way to go. I can say I have done both. Infact to sum it up, I was at the lowest I could imagine myself in my life at one point, about one phone call away from being a homeless person. Why? Becuase of my ex-wife in most part, but I can't blame her for everything, afterall it takes two, a legal system and the inability to make money in time to make a difference. This is where having money in the bank would really become a benefit so it become sort of a vicious circle.. you have to spend money to make money... but the key is to not spend too much money in the process.

As a computer consultant/technician, I find myself spending more and more time with computers and less time with people. This is something that I do not mind, however that is becuase I am trying to make the most of the time I do spend when I am with people. Quality of life is important but to have a balance in life is even more important. Yes, it is true that you can never have too much of a good thing, but even when you do have an abundance of one thing, you will always be looking for something else. It is only human to be curious and to always want to consume and grow and learn.

As I sit through reading these posts I realize that I do not have much time as I am having to "go to work" which means visit with clients and return computers that I have been working on from my bench. This means that I am basically always working. So when reading this, my mind became fixated on it and until I could read everything , I knew I couldn't do anything else until I could atleast comment. But now I am late and will continue this later.. I have so many "ideas" that I have wanted to share with people that would be interested in listening and am quite hopful that the people reading this thread may be interested in commenting on some things I have to say as my thoughts.

Really deep smile

Heartfelt thoughts are the best. They go deep into your mind, and draw together thousands of strands to put forward an idea as focused as a neutron star. I love'm.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 09:08 PM
Ytaker is currently offline Click here to Send Ytaker a Private Message Find more posts by Ytaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Nice post mdacre. I got similar views except I'm a bit more greedy with my time. I see money making and success as part of work. And like I said before living in a nation that is so capitalistic is hard to avoid things that involved money. The more you make the more you spend.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Nov 17th, 2004 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 09:39 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Whats more important, the time you have or what you do with it

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:58 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

both are important but what u do with it is more important

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 11:49 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

but if u just go after spendin n earnin money, ur livelyhood, personal satisfaction or societial acceptance, i can guaruntee u that when u get old or before u are about to die, u will be saying, was all that really worth the time i used on them, the answer will be NO, these things are not worth ur time or ur life, they are just useless purposeless fruitless pirsuits that wont matter in the least, its the simple things that matter the most.{the best things in life are free}

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 11:53 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote