KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » If we time-travelled and changed things, would the outcome be worse?

If we time-travelled and changed things, would the outcome be worse?
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

alright, i'm going to take you up on that.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 12:33 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

how do you know people aren't time travelling already?
We wouldn't even know

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Oct 27th, 2004 04:08 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

We clearly ARE travelling through time. We are travelling FORWARD through time at the rate of one second per second.
big grin

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 08:20 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Time travel is theoretically possible. let me give you guys a link.

http://freespace.virgin.net/steve.preston/Time.html

I agree with whoever said changing something in tha past wont really hurt tha future if tha change was minimal. i really need to go back because i lost 7000 dollars worth of money. anyone know where i can get a black hole?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 09:45 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
No it's not. Parallel universes are existences existing and functioning alongside of ours. travelling through time is just going from point A to point B in our existence but different times. A parallel existence to ours would already be different than what we are living now in our existence. It would be altered eigther minutely or greatly. Two different theories, but then again, i guess we will never know untill we are able to travel through different realms of existence and leap frog through time. Theoretically speaking if possible, time travel could already be a reality in one of our parallel existences.

How hard can time travel be? I mean al you need to do is connect two wormholes. lol

Both travelling from one timeline to the next and travelling through parallel universes are the same thing. They are both simply a method of altering reality and travelling from one state of reality and existance to another.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 08:07 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

This morning it was 7.00 am.
Then I did some stuff and after a while, it suddenly became 8.00 am.

Thus, (although it took me 1 hour to do it) I travelled (forward) throgh time.

Hence, I conclude that time travel IS possible

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 08:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Both travelling from one timeline to the next and travelling through parallel universes are the same thing. They are both simply a method of altering reality and travelling from one state of reality and existance to another.

I'm just going to say it again. Time travel and parallel existences are two totally different things and theories. Parallel Universes exist alongside of ours. Traveling through parallel existences would be totally different than traveling through time. Changing events in the past may result in changing parallel existences along with ours, but it is still two different things.

If people were travelling through time, we may not know it, unless they changed somthing in the past. If somthing was changed in the past to effect our present reality we would know it. The change would be sudden , and without warning, maybe even causing an end to our existence.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 08:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

The way I see it is like this.

If the past WAS perfect, then why bother interfering in it.
If the past was NOT perfect, then why would you want to go back there.??

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 09:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx

LOL...yeah, guess your right

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:38 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
We clearly ARE travelling through time. We are travelling FORWARD through time at the rate of one second per second.
big grin

Such a literal answer. stick out tongue

We measure time by the sun and the rotation of the earth, but ARE we really moving forward or backwards? Just because the years are increaing, does this mean we REALLY are moving forward? Remember Time moved backwards to year 1 before it began to move forward again. Or did it? How do we know when Time began?

But anyway I'm getting off-topic.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 11:02 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Time began when the universe began.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 09:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx

which was about 13 billion years ago, atleast to NASA's calculations.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 09:20 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Time is infinite and not always calculable.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 09:24 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, but i think it's funny that NASA believes they know how old the Universe is. smile I highly doubt we will make it anywhere in the Universe other than the moon, but we will know how old the Universe is. lol

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 09:45 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

they (scientists) believe that the universe began 15000000000 years ago, and will end in about 40000000000000000000000000000000000000000 seconds time

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 10:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx

you know, i really thgouht it would be more seconds than that.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:34 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I saw somewhere where it gave the estimated time to the end of the universe.

It had about 46 zeros, but im not sure if it was seconds or years.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 11:38 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

i just checked and it is about 30 billion years until it ends

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 01:22 PM
azza2110

Time travel is impossible! can and will never happen!

To clarify of parallel dimensions are self-explanatory. For instance, the film The One with Jet Li delves into.

Time travel is impossible and can never happen. Take the Quantum Leap idea of time being like a piece of string and then folding the string to go back in time, nice idea but how can you go back in time physically? There are many things that I believe will be possible like warp speed space travel and teleportation (which has started with a molecule being transported from one place to another) and with teleportation it is argued that you go into a place called 3rd space and that is similar to time travel. BS!

There is only one way its possible and that’s by flying to another country and realising that they are an hour behind.

If you change a small thing in the past, however insignificant that of course it will change the present because that didn’t happen in the past. Its chaos theory at its best.
Something small like leaving behind a future key, that could change things because it hadn’t been invented or different material, or someone could slip on it and hurt themselves…possibilities are endless! Going back in time in the first place changes things because there are now 2 ‘you’s’ in that time period. Who knows what that could do!

So no one go back in time if it eva becomes possible

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 01:38 PM
azza2110 is currently offline Click here to Send azza2110 a Private Message Find more posts by azza2110 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Interesting question I think that the outcome would be worst through because changing history wracks up stuff.Just like that movie " Back to the future"
It would be great to change some history but I don't think we should even if we could.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 03:13 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote