KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » In defence of Arrogance

In defence of Arrogance
Started by: Philosophicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

mad smokin' laughing out loud laughing

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:41 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Hey finti, you havn't once come up with your own original philosophical idea, are you too scared people will criticise you? What are you doing in a philosophy forum when you merely criticise other people's opinions, give us your own one to prove yourself.
dont need an original philosophical idea. In here I enjoy reading post by people who think way to highly of their own intellect. But if you wanna play philosopichal

- Arrogance is a retraction of the truth

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:02 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

That makes no sense.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:17 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
That makes no sense.
guess it is real philosophy then

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:33 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. It's not a philosophical statement.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:39 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I think the fact that you said "the truth" is what makes it vague (in my opinion).. what is the truth in this case? It could be anything from the readers point of view

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:43 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:49 AM
finti

quote:
I think the fact that you said "the truth" is what makes it vague (in my opinion).. what is the truth in this case? It could be anything from the readers point of view
most things spans out from the readers point of view.

Another take at it is arrogance is the retraction from how things are

quote:
No. It's not a philosophical statement.
oh please define philosophical statement

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 12:05 PM
Chain Smoker
Restricted

Account Restricted

A philosophical statement is distinct from everyday statements in one way: the statement evidences the self-reflectional characteristic of self-consciousness. In other words, it is a statement which stems from the very essence of intelligence endeavoring to contemplate itself. Such statements represent the highest form of consciousness.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:46 PM
Chain Smoker is currently offline Click here to Send Chain Smoker a Private Message Find more posts by Chain Smoker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

or to really simplify it, a load of hogwash

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 04:54 PM
Arena Host
Warlord

LOL laughing

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 07:43 PM
Arena Host is currently offline Click here to Send Arena Host a Private Message Find more posts by Arena Host Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
What is the value or meaning of having an opinion/belief if one does not have a firm belief that one is right and others are wrong?

You're wrong. Why? Because I know I'm right. By your own logic, there's nothing you will ever say that will prove me wrong.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:46 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Philo doesn't deal in logic, he'll just call you an idiot.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 12:11 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Philo doesn't deal in logic, he'll just call you an idiot.

laughing

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 12:24 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

smokin' laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:44 AM