KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace and Yoda vs. Count Dooku and Sidious(ROTS)

Mace and Yoda vs. Count Dooku and Sidious(ROTS)
Started by: Hokage Yoda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, he was just a better and smarter tactician than Yoder, and he almost got his ass kicked too, so it had nothing to do with sensing anything. He was afraid of Yoder otherwise he wouldn't have tried to run.

Facts, the Anti Fanboy solution

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 10:18 PM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

No, I meant he sensed Anakin's location either DURING the fight with Yoda or right after.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok and? And Yoder sensed Anakin's location when he was killing everybody in the Jedi temple.. What's your point?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 10:46 PM
Click here to Send tdtd a Private Message Find more posts by tdtd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

I really don't know what some people are debating here...

Mace > Sidious
Unless you want to contradict Lucas himself "Mace overpowered Sidious". Period.

Yoda > Sidious
Yoda was superior to Windu which Mace stated himself several times in Shatterpoint and in ROTS he just lost because of Sidious taking the higher ground. On equal ground (and since I didn't see an location given I assume this is equal ground) Yoda would defeat Sidious.

Mace = Dooku
Pretty much established in every way.

Yoda > Dooku
See above + he made Dooku run in AotC.

So...looking at the possible set-ups for the match:

Mace vs Dooku
Yoda vs Sidious

Yoda takes Sidious, Dooku and Mace stalemate than Yoda and Mace kill Dooku.

Mace vs Sidious
Yoda vs Dooku.

Mace takes Sidious, Yoda takes Dooku - maybe this will again result in 2 Jedi vs one of both Sith Lords.

Conclusion: Jedi win.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 11:13 PM
Rampant ox

I agree if it was Dooku vs Yoda and Mace vs Sids the jedi would win.(my personal opinion is that Dooku can beat Yoda but my opinion is irrelevant). Mace would beat Sids again and apparently Yoda would beat Dooku.
I disagree however on the other match up.Yoda lost to Sidious. Higher ground was not important because Sids bet Yoda to it, which means he is better. There is no evidence to say that Yoda would win on equal ground either. Mace and Dooku are completely equal with Dooku possibly having the edge because of the darkside and his Makashi style. This would mean that the sith win.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Revolver Ocelot, two things I'd like to point out.

About the timing thing, in AOTC, Dooku disarmed Obi-Wan right when Anakin recovered, and Dooku sliced off Anakin's arm seconds before Yoda arrived at the hanger. Was all that considered "fishy"?

And Mace admitting inferiority to Yoda, I think he was talking about force powers, and where in Shatterpoint does Mace say he's inferior to Dooku?

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 12:26 AM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Interesting first point especially.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop saying Yoda lost, you make it seem as though Sidious is more powerful, when that isn't the case.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 01:44 AM
Generic Hero
KGB

Not at all. Nothing's stopping Palpatine from manipulating the environment and blasting Yoda 200 feet down, again. If the setting is say, the middle of the desert, then Yoda will defeat him. But environment counts for alot, esspecially when Palpatine is involved.

And Mace admitting inferiority to Yoda, I think he was talking about force powers

Perhaps. He admits being the inferior "warrior". And i'll go check Shatterpoint.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

But Yoda did lose. He got out classed by Sidious to the point he had to run away. If there was any chance Yoda could have still won he would have taken it knowing that the freedom of the galaxy could be restored if he defeated Sids. There is no evidence to prove that Yoda was going to beat Sidious anyway.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rampant ox
But Yoda did lose. He got out classed by Sidious to the point he had to run away. If there was any chance Yoda could have still won he would have taken it knowing that the freedom of the galaxy could be restored if he defeated Sids. There is no evidence to prove that Yoda was going to beat Sidious anyway.

Lets be clear on this. Sidious didn't force bomb him 200 feet, they force pushed each other at the end and Yoda fell. Yes Sidious was more fortunate than him but in no way is he better than Yoda. It was virtually a stalemate with Sidious having the higher ground, so imagine who would win if it was even.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:35 AM
Rampant ox

Originally posted by tdtd
Lets be clear on this. Sidious didn't force bomb him 200 feet, they force pushed each other at the end and Yoda fell. Yes Sidious was more fortunate than him but in no way is he better than Yoda. It was virtually a stalemate with Sidious having the higher ground, so imagine who would win if it was even.

Because Yoda fell and Sids didnt would imply that Sidious has the stronger force abilities. And from what I was watching it was no stalemate. Yoda got pwned. And after the battle Sids even got troops to find Yoda so he could have another go at him. There is no evidence that yoda was winning or would win.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:39 AM
Advent
Just Leaving

Originally posted by Rampant ox
Because Yoda fell and Sids didnt would imply that Sidious has the stronger force abilities.

So, because Sidious had a better positioning than Yoda, he's stronger? How does that make sense. Explain please.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Originally posted by Motoko Kusanagi
So, because Sidious had a better positioning than Yoda, he's stronger? How does that make sense. Explain please.

It means he had the advantage during the initial duel and got himself into a better position. But I personally dont think that he had a better position. They both went hard with the force and Sids won. Simple as that.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:48 AM
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Yer. Yoda was at the edge, while Sidious was more further in and had something to catch on to (the rail).

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:50 AM
Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rampant ox

Originally posted by Tarvos
Yer. Yoda was at the edge, while Sidious was more further in and had something to catch on to (the rail).

OK then. Its because Sids was winning the duel and managed to get himself into a superior position. But the fact is Yoda fell and Sidious didnt. To me this means Sids won that round.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:53 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sidious was never winning the duel, watch it again guys.. Sidious just weighs more than Yoda, and Yoda had the upper hand.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 06:36 AM
Rampant ox

If Yoda had the upperhand why didnt he come back to fight when Sidious came down from the 'high ground'. What you are saying is that Yoda is better when it clearly shows Yoda being outclassed and pushed off the edge.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 06:52 AM
tdtd
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was never outclassed, they were both pushed off the edge, and the stormtroopers came. Again, stop telling me what you THINK, and watch the scene, when Sidious always tried to dodge Yoda...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 06:53 AM