KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » The Verdict: Ford - Too Old Or Not?

Do You Feel That Harrison Ford Is Too Old To Reprise The Role Of Indiana Jones?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! 4 10.26%
No! 17 43.59%
I Will Reserve Judgement On This Matter Until I See "Indy IV" 18 46.15%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Verdict: Ford - Too Old Or Not?
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

It's a bit different though. There are three great filmmakers working on this in unison: Lucas, Spielberg and Ford. It's not a one-man-show like Stallone. Besides, the trio is doing because they want to, not for money, but for fun. Stallone's fading star is what got RB and Rambo going... And only the originals of those series were worthwhile... so whaddaya expect?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 10:16 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

okay well if thats true then thats a refreshing change to hear,not continuing it just for the love of the money but for the love and fun of it which is why directors and actors SHOULD be doing films in the first place.something stallone and willis got away from.like i said,the first 3 rocky films were really good but that jerk stallone should have ended it after the thrid but he got greedy after that and sacrificed quality screenwriting in exchange for money.Unlike Ford,he cant get any other parts in hollywood so he is obviously got desperate for money so he went back to the movies that made him big money to begin with.I guarantee you,he'll make another rocky film 20 years from now again. laughing

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 28th, 2008 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 05:41 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud Hope not.

I dunno, I think Ford's pretty loaded as it is. He doesn't have to do it for the money.

And I think only Rocky 1 is worthwhile. Rocky 2 is a copy of 1, but even a bit slower. Rocky 3... well... the Eye of the Tiger was a good song.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 04:42 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

No question that the original Rocky is easily the best one by far but 2 and 3 were 10 times better than 4 5 and 6 easily and yeah thats true.Ford definetely doesnt need the money so yeah sounds like he is doing it for the love of the material because he obviously doesnt need the paycheck.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 04:28 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 08:18 PM
regina414

It's like wine. The older it ages, the better.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 02:49 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

After watching the trailer, I'm still unsure about whether he is too old or not, but I'm definitely sure that he can't be the young Indy that he was in the other three movies.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 07:19 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He can still swing and fall into trucks.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 08:26 PM
Admiral Akbar

Yes, he can still do that big grin

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 09:52 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Which is fine with me.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 10:13 PM
OB1-adobe

Its not the age that matters......its the character.

Especiailly when we are talking about something originated in Film and not somewhere else.

Is Harrison Ford too old to play Indiana jones?.....no because Harrison Ford IS Indiana jones

Is Adam West too old to play Batman.........yes because Batman is a mid 20's-mid 30's man fighting crime.

They have obviously incorporated Indy's age into the script and is part of the story in some way.

"this isn't going to be easy.............not as easy as it used to be"

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 11:40 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Its not the age that matters......its the character.

absolutley, he's not your typical action hero, in the sense that (in my opinion) he's old before his time - and that was his style (even though it was set in the 30's) but i cant see that changing in the next film. As long as he can still perform great stunts and provide great dialogue (for instance - when making a history lesson sound much more profound and interesting, and relevant to the plot) you've got one side: the teacher, and the other: adventurer, and i gotta say i prefer the teacher side of his character - it never grows old

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:06 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Plus, Indiana was also part anti-hero. Age helps with that element.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 06:34 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

well the only issue i can think of is his fitness. Is he physically up to the task? well, he's a damn sight fitter than me, but i still think my grandad could kick his a**, but thats not the pointstick out tongue

i think the trailer is proof that he's still capable, physical wise

Last edited by Stun on Feb 20th, 2008 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 08:29 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Your granddad sounds scary.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 10:16 PM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

laughing out loud i know the feeling

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 10:28 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Is Harrison Ford too old to play Indiana jones?.....no because Harrison Ford IS Indiana jones

And also he's an archaeologist plus anyone can be a archaeologist regardless of age.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 11:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indy's more of an 'obtainer of rare antiquities'... that's not something regardless of age.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 04:52 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm.. I wouldn't exactly call them man-boobs, but he's clearly no Spring Chicken...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 08:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He looks good though. I wish I'd look like that when I reach 64...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 05:24 PM