KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Chars: Animated Vs. Live ..er..real??

Chars: Animated Vs. Live ..er..real??
Started by: LariCrai_Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
scott hiwersh

quote:
Originally posted by fini
why does this discussion keep popping up!?!?!

Who Knows??!!??

But as long as it does, I will add my 2 cents... I think that they are both wonderful, but you are kidding yourself if you think the animated films are better than the PJ masterpieces. I mean, c'mon. I can live without the animated dvd's, but I was foaming at the mouth for my Return of the King DVD this may, and I am already feining for my Extended Edition, LOL...

So, in brief, they are both great, but The LOTR by Peter Jackson takes the cake.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 04:38 PM
scott hiwersh is currently offline Find more posts by scott hiwersh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

argh i should keep copying and pasting my replies to these similiar threads, saves me the extra typing when i could be wrting for another forum.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 04:43 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by fini
argh i should keep copying and pasting my replies to these similiar threads, saves me the extra typing when i could be wrting for another forum.

or you can just ignore said thread and be done with it...

quite a few people are fascinated by the fact that there was an animated version, though badly done compared to PJ's work, still nonetheless for those that do, e.g., me, do happen to like it...it is a small gem in all things Tolkien...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 05:41 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Fëanor
there are some similarities and differences...the scene of the nazguls entering the room where the hobbits supposedly slept in and then striking the beds are almost the same in PJ's...

True,
Galadriel's words in the Mirror-scene were also exactly the same - at least in the German versions - but in the animated version Galadriel says it in such a childish and happy way that it ruins the wonderful text erm it sounds like singing a children's song or something messed PJs version also exaggerates a little with the "dark queen" and whatnot, but I still like it better than the animated one

Hm, the Ringwraiths were funny... especially their horses... one or two of them had horns messed and they could apparate and disapparate laughing

The orcs were imo stupid sad I'm also not really happy with PJs idea of what they look like, but the animated ones were simply silly messed and had weird teeth laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 06:53 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Arroch
True,
Galadriel's words in the Mirror-scene were also exactly the same - at least in the German versions - but in the animated version Galadriel says it in such a childish and happy way that it ruins the wonderful text erm it sounds like singing a children's song or something messed PJs version also exaggerates a little with the "dark queen" and whatnot, but I still like it better than the animated one

Hm, the Ringwraiths were funny... especially their horses... one or two of them had horns messed and they could apparate and disapparate laughing

The orcs were imo stupid sad I'm also not really happy with PJs idea of what they look like, but the animated ones were simply silly messed and had weird teeth laughing out loud

they sort of looked like warthogs on two legs...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 07:23 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Fëanor
they sort of looked like warthogs on two legs...

yes messed

I think it's sad that all the filmmakers see orcs so un-human sad
Of course they were not elfy-prissy, but that doesnt mean they had 5cm-long teeth and slit eyes and grunt instead of speaking messed

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 07:49 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Arroch
yes messed

I think it's sad that all the filmmakers see orcs so un-human sad
Of course they were not elfy-prissy, but that doesnt mean they had 5cm-long teeth and slit eyes and grunt instead of speaking messed

and they wore no armour...a cloth tied with a leather belt...and you couldn't tell who was Uruk and who wasn't...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:03 PM