KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should Syrian refugees be allowed into the US

Should Syrian refugees be allowed into the US
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

no. my stance is that immigration, refugees, etc.. basically any movement of people... should be regulated for the benefit of the country in question. it's just plain stupid to take on another country's burden against your own interests.

sometimes if you have a culture that is similar enough that you can take their refugees... like the cuban refugees in miami, then you can see a success story.

but the syrians are very different from americans and europeans... the cultural difference is much greater and realistically we are dealing with people who have traditionally been considered enemies... there's a natural antagonism that is going to follow from forcing lower class europeans and americans to brush elbows with lower class syrians... sorry guys people still do have tribal instincts and nationalist tendencies. i think this sort of thing..

makes it pretty clear why this is a stupid idea. multiculturalism is a pretty fragile ecosystem. if you think you can just jam any random cultures together and make a workable society you are just delusional.

so for the same reason it was stupid to import hundreds of thousands of european jews to the middle east in the 20th century... it is stupid to import the massive collateral damage of the syrian civil war in the 21st century.

Last edited by red g jacks on Nov 17th, 2015 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 06:43 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks
no. my stance is that immigration, refugees, etc.. basically any movement of people... should be regulated for the benefit of the country in question. it's just plain stupid to take on another country's burden against your own interests.

sometimes if you have a culture that is similar enough that you can take their refugees... like the cuban refugees in miami, then you can see a success story.

but the syrians are very different from americans and europeans... the cultural difference is much greater and realistically we are dealing with people who have traditionally been considered enemies... there's a natural antagonism that is going to follow from forcing lower class europeans and americans to brush elbows with lower class syrians... sorry guys people still do have tribal instincts and nationalist tendencies. i think this sort of thing..

makes it pretty clear why this is a stupid idea. multiculturalism is a pretty fragile ecosystem. if you think you can just jam any random cultures together and make a workable society you are just delusional.

so for the same reason it was stupid to import hundreds of thousands of european jews to the middle east in the 20th century... it is stupid to import the massive collateral damage of the syrian civil war in the 21st century.

So what do you think should happen to them?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:01 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

dunno... the world is a harsh place... i think perhaps they should go back to syria.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:05 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Jacks: "All My Life I've Had Great Relationships with Middle Easterners"

Couldn't resist

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

dunno... the world is a harsh place... i think perhaps they should go back to syria.

Sociopathic, but I suppose not an uncommon view.

Of course there's also negative aspects to a nation that doesn't do its part for the international community, but I suppose they are more long term.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:08 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Would you have taken this stance against allowing Irish in during the Great Irish Famine?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:14 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's take everyone out of the Middle East and integrate them into our countries.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:15 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Originally posted by Robtard
Can't see turning down 65,000 desperately needy people because of the off chance a few of them might be terrorist. Just have to be extreme with the vetting process.

We allowed 120K+ Cuban immigrants/asylum seekers into the US in 1980, knowing there would likely be a small number of lunatics and hardened criminals mixed in. That seemed to work out.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 07:28 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Sociopathic, but I suppose not an uncommon view.

Of course there's also negative aspects to a nation that doesn't do its part for the international community, but I suppose they are more long term.
i don't think it's sociopathic.. i think it's pragmatic. the amount of suffering in this world is endless. we can't put a cap on it by importing unskilled and impoverished people into rich countries. the only solution is in fixing the countries that they came from. right now syria is having a particular problem which makes them more sympathetic... but there are literally billions of people throughout the world who are just as hopeless, they just don't have enough facebook memes to garner western attention. so i do feel bad for the syrians... and i felt bad for the jews that came from the camps of eastern europe... but importing them into a completely alien culture was a bad idea. and here it is as well.

i mean if anybody should take the refugees it should be countries where they could more easily assimilate like saudi arabia or egypt... ethnically arab and religiously sunni countries... these would have the best hopes of actually providing an environment that these people could assimilate to on a mass scale.

i mean look at turkey... they are having problems there because the massive influx of syrians is seen as a "arabization" of the country... stirring up old nationalist sentiments.. and this is a country that is culturally much much closer to the syrians than any western country.

so what makes white people/westerners think we are so special? so immune from human tribal behavior, that every other part of the world is susceptible to?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 08:13 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

You realize that, literally, 99% of the people who immigrate into our country never commit any crimes or cause any problems, yes?

Are you aware that domestic terrorism (read: terrorism committed by US citizens) is the most common form of terrorism that occurs in our country?

The entire "assimilation" argument is dumb when you look at the sheer numbers. The overwhelming majority of immigrants that come here "assimilate" just fine.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 08:44 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

is it literally 99%? do you have a stat for that?

and yea i'm well aware that we have homegrown retards. i wish we could deport them instead of importing more problems.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 08:46 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

[B]is it literally 99%? do you have a stat for that?
No, it's a hyperbolic number that I pulled out of my ass. Here's an actual figure, to support my general point:

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-a....png&w=1484

quote:
and yea i'm well aware that we have homegrown retards. i wish we could deport them instead of importing more problems.
"Deport" means to send them back to their country of origin... how does one deport US citizens out of the US? Where would they go?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 08:51 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mexico.

Let's send all the Syrians to Mexico and all the Mexicans to America, then build the wall and this will be New Jersulaem.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 08:52 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:03 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

We bring all the Meixcans here because they belong here really.

Then we send all the Syrians to Mexico and they can hopefully do something better with it then it's currently being used for.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:18 PM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

rolling on floor laughing

Spot on.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:18 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
No, it's a hyperbolic number that I pulled out of my ass. Here's an actual figure, to support my general point:

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-a....png&w=1484
thats an interesting chart. it would seem to indicate that the 1st generation immigrants aren't the real problem, their kids (and the generations after that) are. what a cheerful message for our multicultural utopia.

quote:
"Deport" means to send them back to their country of origin... how does one deport US citizens out of the US? Where would they go?
send them to the moon for all i care.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:20 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

We could use Mexico like a staging process. All the good ones stay in Mexico till they prove they won't cause problems here. And bring them to the US.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:21 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

it's fitting that the story in question is a religious myth

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:22 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

it's fitting that the story in question is a religious myth

laughing out loud

And all the aeithests here like Bardock jump on it ferverously like the republicans jumped on Joe the plumber.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:26 PM