KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Did Robert Muller completely exonerate Trump?

Was Trump exonerated
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 7 31.82%
No 4 18.18%
**** No! 2 9.09%
**** No and **** Robtard too! 9 40.91%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Did Robert Muller completely exonerate Trump?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
This statement alone is extremely weird.

How does one get evidence so that you would be confident of "no crime"?

And why is it worded like "well any crime whatsoever" instead of "this specific crime"?

The wording seems deliberately misleading.

It's like me being accused of punching someone then when the investigator found no proof decided to go: "Am I sure that Nib never punched anybody? Well, no."

It just seems to me Mueller couldn't find anything and he was just convinced by dems to make the wording as confirmation-bias friendly as possible. :-/

Sorry guys. This tells me more about Trump being innocent than anything.

Yeah anyone still maintaining Mueller is an upstanding guy after this is delusional. It certainly sounds like he kinda *wants* to be the upstanding guy people tried to claim, but he struggled and ultimately lost the battle to do so. Giving democrats even a tiny bit of bait to nibble on was apparently worth making himself look bad lol. Meh oh well.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 11:23 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Since some people appear to be unaware of this, The American judicial system works on innocent until proven guilty.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 11:33 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Re: Re: Did Robert Muller completely exonerate Trump?

Originally posted by Nibedicus
This statement alone is extremely weird.

How does one get evidence so that you would be confident of "no crime"?

And why is it worded like "well any crime whatsoever" instead of "this specific crime"?

The wording seems deliberately misleading.

It's like me being accused of punching someone then when the investigator found no proof decided to go: "Am I sure that Nib never punched anybody? Well, no."

It just seems to me Mueller couldn't find anything and he was just convinced by dems to make the wording as confirmation-bias friendly as possible. :-/

Sorry guys. This tells me more about Trump being innocent than anything.

Sounds to me like the other way around. They didn't find evidence of collusion, the purpose of the investigation, but in the course of the investigation found evidence of a crime or crimes that under current legislation are unable to indict on. It also sounds like they never pursued that evidence any deeper because they knew they would be unable to act upon it.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 11:56 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Sounds to me like the other way around. They didn't find evidence of collusion, the purpose of the investigation, but in the course of the investigation found evidence of a crime or crimes that under current legislation are unable to indict on. It also sounds like they never pursued that evidence any deeper because they knew they would be unable to act upon it.

Actually there is nothing in the constitution that says a sitting president can't be indicted, so it was weird for Mueller to say it's unconstitutional. If there is something in the constitution that says so I'd be curious to see it.

Also the policy itself applies only to the president, yet Mueller didn't charge Trump jr. with anything, even perjury. In fact not a single person in the trump campaign got charged with anything to do with collusion *or* obstruction.

There was also nothing stopping Mueller from recommending charges and letting the DOJ decide what they wanna do, yet he didn't do that either.

He played the weasel game: gave a weasel statement and then went "tee hee can't ask me questions!". He'll claim he doesn't want to get involved in politics, but the decision itself is political. He does not want to have to answer the question of if the policy was the *only* thing that kept him from taking action. There are two possible reasons he doesn't wanna answer. Because if the answer is "yes" it makes Trump look bad and if the answer is "no" it makes Trump look good. I find it highly unlikely he'd try to protect Trump, what about you? Do you find that likely?

I don't find it likely, since his whiny letter to Barr was essentially "the media isn't making Trump look bad enough". A weird thing for a prosecutor to cry about, but meh.

Last edited by Surtur on May 30th, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2019 12:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Nah he didn't, but that's not his job. His job is not to prove innocence.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 30th, 2019 12:24 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Re: Re: Re: Did Robert Muller completely exonerate Trump?

I looked at the statement and if you break it down logically and rephrase it, the statement is essentially:

"we can't prove/we don't know that he never committed a crime".

They don't know if he didn't do something?

Something being a crime of an unspecific nature?

They cannot prove a negative that an unspecific general act existed ever...

From my standpoint, this statement tells us nothing, but it has enough for confirmation bias-adled folks to cling to since it doesn't 100% refute what they are thinking and are convinced of.

I am certain Mueller understands the implication of his words and how his words can be used by other against him and others (likely Trump). So I'm thinking he chose his words carefully. IF there was something related to the investigation, I'm sure he would have implied it. But a general non-statement like this was said just to imply something that can't be proven wrong because of its unspecific general nature.

It's like implying during a debate that someone lied by going "I'm sure he lied sometime in his life".

But that's from where I'm looking,

Mind telling me how you came upon your analysis?

Old Post May 30th, 2019 12:38 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

DOJ, Mueller’s Office Release Joint Statement Clarifying Mueller’s Comments

"Kerri Kupec, spokeswoman for the Department of Justice and Peter Carr, spokesman for the Special Counsel's Office, released the following statement:

The Attorney General has previously stated that the Special Counsel repeatedly affirmed that he was not saying that, but for the OLC opinion, he would have found the President obstructed justice. The Special Counsel's report and his statement today made clear that the office concluded it would not reach a determination - one way or the other - about whether the President committed a crime. There is no conflict between these statements."

Old Post May 30th, 2019 01:02 PM
snowdragon

Originally posted by Silent Master
Since some people appear to be unaware of this, The American judicial system works on innocent until proven guilty.

You would think this a hard concept to grasp.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 01:06 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Butt Hurt Cry Babies don’t care about that

Old Post May 30th, 2019 01:14 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mueller doesn’t want to testify nowlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

What a weeny

Old Post May 30th, 2019 01:54 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: Did Robert Muller completely exonerate Trump?

Massive tax fraud for sure. Have to wonder what else, extortion, bribery, rape, coercion, blackmail etc

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 30th, 2019 04:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Massive tax fraud for sure. Have to wonder what else, extortion, bribery, rape, coercion, blackmail etc
thumb up

Old Post May 30th, 2019 04:38 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb down

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post May 30th, 2019 04:40 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Muellers team completely blew away the "the only reason he isn't indicting him is cuz of the DOJ policy!" theory, eh? Lol.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 04:44 PM
mike brown

Anyone who voted yes is either a liar or a retard.

Mueller just recently confirmed in his speech that he didn't exonerate Trump on obstruction, just declined to rule one way or the other based on the weird rule that apparently a president can't be convicted of a crime.

Last edited by mike brown on May 30th, 2019 at 04:57 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2019 04:54 PM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

Trumpers are going to Copenhagen.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 04:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by mike brown
Anyone who voted yes is either a liar or a retard.

Mueller just recently confirmed in his speech that he didn't exonerate Trump on obstruction, just declined to rule one way or the other based on the weird rule that apparently a president can't be convicted of a crime.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 30th, 2019 05:00 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 30th, 2019 05:01 PM
mike brown

I think it's rather insensitive to call a retard a liar

Old Post May 30th, 2019 05:02 PM
mike brown is currently offline Click here to Send mike brown a Private Message Find more posts by mike brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
thumb down
Control yourself.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 05:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote