KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (68): « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This was OK. Basically 3 hours of Fan Service: The Movie. Infinity War was better IMO, as was Winter Soldier and Civil War.

I really don't like time travel in movies.

Yeah, that's my concern also. I typically don't like time travel as a narrative plot device and you could tell that's where they were going with it.

So that's why I'm waiting to watch this. Not gonna risk spending money on 3 hours of boredom.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 06:48 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, that's my concern also.
I know you quoted my comment right before I added spoiler tags, but do you mind adding it in for that second part?

Also, I apologize for spoiling that aspect of the movie for you. I should have known better (it's in the title).

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Apr 28th, 2019 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 07:00 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Too late, I can't edit. It's all good. I don't care. I already knew.

Honestly I don't think that's much of a spoiler.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 07:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
I thought this movie sucked. The last hour was totally unnessary. The whole movie bounced around without any real focus. Characters kept being thrown in at random. The highest grossing movie of alltime? Whatever.
The last hour was the most necessary part of the movie...

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 07:13 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mindset
The last hour was the most necessary part of the movie...

Plot wise it wasnt. It was more to fit in the epic action sequences the rest of the film lacked. And of course [SPOILER - highlight to read]: for IM to sacrifice himself

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 07:36 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Estacado
Even tho I think IW is a bazillion times better.

It was thumb up

IW was f*cking fantastic.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 07:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This was OK. Basically 3 hours of Fan Service: The Movie. Infinity War was better IMO, as was Winter Soldier and Civil War.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I really don't like time travel in movies.

Same...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 07:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Plot wise it wasnt. It was more to fit in the epic action sequences the rest of the film lacked. And of course [SPOILER - highlight to read]: for IM to sacrifice himself
The central part of both movies happened in the last hour.

The whole point of the movie happened in the last hour.

The main antagonist was confronted in the last hour.

So...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 08:36 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

1)The central part of both movies happened in the last hour.

2)The whole point of the movie happened in the last hour.

3)The main antagonist was confronted in the last hour.

So...

1)How so?

2)No it didnt. Unless you mean [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tonys sacrifice

3) Actually he was confronted [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in the first act. But as I already stated [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It seems the last hour was there for the purpose of fitting in action scenes

Action scenes should ideally be fit into the plot. Instead twisting the plot for the purpose of setting up an action scene IMO. Not that it cant work that way. I just think when story comes first, then the action is far more rewarding.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 09:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I was worried about the runtime, tbh. Movie seems bloated. IW had a perfect runtime.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 10:31 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

LOTR movies say hello, Golgo.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 10:32 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by Darth Thor
1)How so?

2)No it didnt. Unless you mean [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tonys sacrifice

3) Actually he was confronted [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in the first act. But as I already stated [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It seems the last hour was there for the purpose of fitting in action scenes

Action scenes should ideally be fit into the plot. Instead twisting the plot for the purpose of setting up an action scene IMO. Not that it cant work that way. I just think when story comes first, then the action is far more rewarding.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Everyone was brought back in the last hour

That obviously wasn't the most meaningful confrontation. It hardly mattered to the resolution of the film, come on...the real confrontation was when he and his entire army were defeated.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 10:42 PM
gauntlet o doom

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How awesome was it when Thanos pulled off the power gem and punched Captain Marvel with it That was clever thinking on Thanos part

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 11:03 PM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Everyone was brought back in the last hour

That obviously wasn't the most meaningful confrontation. It hardly mattered to the resolution of the film, come on...the real confrontation was when he and his entire army were defeated.

Nope.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: That wasn't even the same Thanos. The final battle could have been easily taken from the movie and would have had little impact on the overall plot.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 11:04 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Archaeopteryx

Another thing that gets me is how much people obsess about the films gross. I get that Disney investors and executives care, maybe some of the cast too. But why does the movie going public care? You'd think they care more as to whether it was a good movie or not, which it wasn't

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 11:09 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gauntlet o doom

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Regardless of how non important the final Endgame battle was to the plot of the story, I think it showcased an epic battle that we've only had glimpses of in other movies. When Fellowship of the Ring was first released, how many people wanted to see a full movie of the old armies vs Sauron, of which we got barely 3 minutes. That last Endgame battle was just that but with considerably more run time.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 11:10 PM
gauntlet o doom is currently offline Click here to Send gauntlet o doom a Private Message Find more posts by gauntlet o doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Not sure why you comparing it at all too the FotR fight, but whatever. Anyway, I was bored during most of the fight. Every ****ing Avengers movie has ended with a big mindless CGI battle like this. Worse, it was centered around what basically amounted to a game of keep away.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 11:14 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: How awesome was it when Thanos pulled off the power gem and punched Captain Marvel with it That was clever thinking on Thanos part

Yes thumb up

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm glad it happened. Not so glad Carthage spoiled it weeks before the movie hit the theaters.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2019 12:08 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
LOTR movies say hello, Golgo.

LOTR was long, too, but it didn't hinder the movie, IMO. The long run time was justified.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2019 01:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Senor Cage
LOTR was long, too, but it didn't hinder the movie, IMO. The long run time was justified.

1) All Peter Jackson's films are that long.

2) It's justified with Endgame, too. It's concluding 11 years of MCU. Something DC will never achieve.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2019 01:57 AM