KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Robespierre Quote

Robespierre Quote
Started by: hh?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hegemon875
Archvillain

UMMMMMMMM I guess we're through with that topic any ideas for the mext one?

BTW I think a debate forum could be interesting, thought I think it will be seldom visited by many members.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 02:33 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

indeed, we had a political debate forum a few months ago
but itwas closed because of the tons of bashing on it

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 12:06 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Yeah I can imagine laughing

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 12:32 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

good idea. good thing i made this thread lol
it went from one quote to becoming a debate thread.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:00 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Yeah I know laughing out loud

It's a good thing we don't lower ourselves to arguing.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:03 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol yea.

should i make a thread about this in Question Forum?
do we need a philosophical/debate/discussion forum lol

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 02:13 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Not really but it would be cool, and no harm in trying.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 04:15 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol. ill think about it. i think we should start next topic. ok fellow thinkers...heres the next question lol

technology helping us or destroying us...sorry i could write more but its late i g2g. good night

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 05:10 AM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Both really. While technology improves our overall quality of life it makes us more and more dependent on it by causing us to lose the ability to survive without it. We are and always will be dependent on it, I believe that it is the one thing that defines us and the level at which we utilize it is what sets us apart from every other life form on this planet.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 05:47 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

computers make people lazy in my opinion. agreed^

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 10:22 PM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Just take me for example laughing

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 10:39 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol smile

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 10:42 PM
Fire

well technology makes us advance and helps us to stay alive no doubt there. Technology in itself isn't bad, I never met a car or a machine that wanted to kill me -except microsoft that's evil- It is us who use technology to kill eachother. But what's also funny is that we need wars, or almost wars, to make gigantic technological break-throughs

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:11 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
But what's also funny is that we need wars, or almost wars, to make gigantic technological break-throughs

someone paid attention in class smile

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:36 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

lol class, which class?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:37 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Greek history

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:38 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

ooh, well I knew that before I went to 3ed grade but still

Old Post Nov 27th, 2003 11:43 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

next question.

Do you belive in all this ZOdiac SIgns etc etc...
simple question.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 06:19 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Hard to say. Astrology was believed all over the world from ancient times, and among the believers there were and are eminent scientists.

It may be noted that in the 14th century a number of universities in Western Europe, among them Paris, Bologna and Florence, had chairs of astrology. Astrology is regaining a large popular following. Astrological literature is flourishing as never before. It is difficult to deny the fact that there are many scientists and investigators who are quietly gathering astrological data and testing them in various fields. And the possibility that astrology may as well undergo a transformation from the traditional view to the modern empirical one cannot be ruled out. There was never a scientific attempt made to substantiate the statement that astrology is an exploded superstition. Before astrology can be condemned, its validity or otherwise should be empirically tested.

In the eyes of positivist scientists this lack of empirical evidence is a proof that the assumptions of astrology are wrong. In my opinion this conclusion is equally short-sighted as the conclusion that God does not exist because nobody succeeded so far to prove his/her existence in a way which is acceptable for the positivist scientific community. God exists as a real force/energy for those people who believe in him. Does it matter, whether he/she has a physical existence, or whether he exists just as a symbol, guiding the lives of the people believing in this symbol.

The complex psychology of astrology, explained by means of the astrological symbol system, for many centuries has been considered as a very useful tool for understanding the development of the personality of human persons. Even if the assumptions of astrology are wrong, the astrological symbol system remains a valuable tool for astrologers to understand the character of persons and the development of their personality.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 09:45 PM
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Although I think it's very unlikely that astrology is accurate I have to say that I cannot completely rule it out of my mind.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 10:59 PM