KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Anyone hear about this before.... ?

Anyone hear about this before.... ?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Rover

I like the moon. stick out tongue
C ya later.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 12:59 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Mandos
I like the moon. stick out tongue
C ya later.

Alright see you later then

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Oct 1st, 2004 01:04 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

There won't even be a false treaty in the Mid-East, look at that place.....

As far as Babylon, since no one can see into the future, that prediction of its destruction was certainly added later to enhance the story.

If the future is known, why should a person do anything? What's the point?
One cannot accurately predict the future because it hasn't happened yet........

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 07:33 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

I assume you guys are talking about The Bible Code by Michael Drosnin.

I was watching John Safran vs God last night and part of the show covered this. Most likely only Australians will have heard of this show. It's on at 8:30pm, Mondays on SBS. It's a great show where John Safran tackles religious issues and tries out a different world religion every week. Everything from zen Buddhism to Voodooism.

Anyway he did a segment on the Bible Code where he visited a Mathematician (I forget his name) in Sydney who claimed the whole thing was a hoax. He had recreated a copy of the complex computer program used by Michael Drosnin to get his 'predictions' from the bible. He said he had fed Moby Dick into the program and found the same predictions regarding the twin towers attacks. As a challenge he asked John to bring him anything to feed into the program and he would use it to 'predict' the 9/11 terrorist attacks. John chose the entire lyrics of Vanilla Ice's 1990 album 'To the Extreme'. Using the same process he got an even more accurate prediction of the 9/11 attacks than was in the bible. He then fed the US government report of the September 11 terrorist attack into the program to see if it would predict the downfall of Vanilla Ice's career after his hit single Ice, Ice, Baby. Sure enough it did, finding words like 'Vanilla', 'Ice, Ice', 'Robert' (Vanilla Ice's real first name), 'wasted' and 'kaput'. They also mentioned that Bible Code printed before 9/11 hadn't mentioned the attacks, but Bible Code 2 (printed after 9/11) had 'predicted' them. Strange huh? shifty

I recommend anyone who can check out John Safran vs God, it's quite a good show. Although most of series 1 is nearly finished, not sure if there will be a second. If you can't watch the show on TV there are some clips on the website if you want a taste:

http://www6.sbs.com.au/johnsafranvsgod/

raver Ice, Ice, Baby...

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Last edited by WhiteEagle on Oct 12th, 2004 at 08:11 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2004 08:05 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote