KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » The Question of God

The Question of God
Started by: Philosophicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote:
Originally posted by clickclick
If the universe was all of existence and it was not eternal, then there would be no infinity of existence. There would be no eternity, it would just be a concept.

quote:
You like to draw conclusions that arent there. Familiarize yourself with non sequiturs. You have done it so many times that it is quite pathetic. Worst of which, I have barely been reading your stuff and already I have noticed this.

quote:
Nothing worse than an arrogant person, one who cant see the error of their ways.

Although I agree with your first statement, the second paragraph I posted somewhat confused me.

If you have not been reading Philo's theory properly, how can you claim that he is wrong?

the third is just there to show you something important wink

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Last edited by Trickster on Jan 17th, 2005 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:42 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

unfortunately I have been reading his theories correctly.

He is going from one point to another and acting as if one point concludes the next when it does not, at least not for one point specifically which makes the whole thing breakdown.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 06:02 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brandino

your so close minded ive given up hope on you
i thought that you would atleast accept it but your close minded Very close minded no one needs talking to you for god is your anwser and nothing else you fail to see what he types you are indeed a neo corporate fascist otherwise known as the norm

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 06:35 PM
brandino is currently offline Click here to Send brandino a Private Message Find more posts by brandino Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

Are you a real person or just a robot/computer?

I cant believe the stuff you say. For one, he started a thread questioning God's existence, he started this all not me. The case that he made seemed like it was written up by a 2 year old, so no I do not respect it. I do not respect stuff that is illogical and Philo has stated things that are illogical. In his attempt to be deep about stuff, he comes off silly and contradictory. That is no way to be.

Secondly, I havent even spoken about God in the last couple of posts.

You seem like his drone.

Last edited by clickclick on Jan 17th, 2005 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:21 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Explain miracles and strings of bad luck or love or why humans are so advanced as a species and other animals are not even close. usually tha second most advanced is relatively close in intelligence to tha most advanced...yet there is so much seperation from us to any other animal.

All of you taht oppose God are simply dancing to tha well played tunes by satan. he is of course a super genius, to try to outsmart some of your sense making theories is for a human to try to outsmart satan herself.

Why not make it simple? why reject a simple idea? just because its "played out"? just because rebellion is cool? stop trying to be deep and sound intellectual and try being right and wise. God is real and Satan is real, he has a job and you guys are swayed by his work.

Last edited by HarmoNiC FLo on Jan 17th, 2005 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 11:11 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
All of you taht oppose God are simply dancing to tha well played tunes by satan. he is of course a super genius, to try to outsmart some of your sense making theories is for a human to try to outsmart satan herself.

Why not make it simple? why reject a simple idea? just because its "played out"? just because rebellion is cool? stop trying to be deep and sound intellectual and try being right and wise. God is real and Satan is real, he has a job and you guys are swayed by his work.

Did you mis-read the title of this area of the forum? It says 'Philosophy Forum', not 'Self-Righteous Sunday School Garbage Forum'...Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes...I'm the New Jesus - the old one was far too unbelievable - and I forgive you...

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 04:50 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Surely when one walks through this life and witnesses death.. most of us might think "there must be a destination for all of us".. I just personally think the scientific view discredits things too quickly .. its like "Ok, he died.. cells died..no more activity etc" but, what happens after they die?.. do they go to heaven/hell? are they being reincarnated? has their soul become dormant?.. I think its a shame that more questions arent directed at ourselves, because we seem to be infinitely complex in our methods of thinking and being (not to mention the versatility of our bodies)...there are many mysterious things to find/understand/percieve

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Jan 18th, 2005 at 05:01 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 04:55 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Are you a real person or just a robot/computer?

I cant believe the stuff you say. For one, he started a thread questioning God's existence, he started this all not me. The case that he made seemed like it was written up by a 2 year old, so no I do not respect it. I do not respect stuff that is illogical and Philo has stated things that are illogical. In his attempt to be deep about stuff, he comes off silly and contradictory. That is no way to be.

Secondly, I havent even spoken about God in the last couple of posts.

You seem like his drone.

The mere belief in a God is illogical you blind mind!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:21 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
The mere belief in a God is illogical you blind mind!

That is incorrect young one but no matter, go on as you are.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:22 AM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you say God is Logical then his subjected to logic! laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:29 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Heh, the only way an answer can come to this is after someone figures out what happens after death... and kudos on finding that out smile

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:32 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

You rot after death.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:43 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so you dont believe that there is some kind of spiritual embodiment driving our life processes? we 'are' the shell as opposed to the more common spirit/shell belief?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:47 AM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

No.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 06:50 AM
clickclick

quote:
If you say God is Logical then his subjected to logic!

and...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 01:03 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote:
unfortunately I have been reading his theories correctly.

He is going from one point to another and acting as if one point concludes the next when it does not, at least not for one point specifically which makes the whole thing breakdown.

Ah, apologies. It's just that your post implied otherwise, and I like to play devil's advocate evil face

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 04:57 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

what would you suppose instead of a god that created the universe?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:11 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

erm, nature?

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 08:40 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peterKSL
In a different dimension

I made this statement according to the Bible ...

"If God didn't create nature, or God isn't nature itself, then God does not exist"....

Feel me not.. See me not.. I'm just an illusion..

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 08:42 PM
peterKSL is currently offline Click here to Send peterKSL a Private Message Find more posts by peterKSL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by peterKSL
I made this statement according to the Bible ...

"If God didn't create nature, or God isn't nature itself, then God does not exist"....

so if god doesnt exist, who/what do you suppose to have made our universe?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 08:55 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote