KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should Syrian refugees be allowed into the US

Should Syrian refugees be allowed into the US
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red g jacks
it's fitting that the story in question is a religious myth

Yeah, it is funny that it is one of the main religious myths of the people who now do not want to take in Syrian refugees. That's sort of why I posted it.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:37 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't Merkel have enough money to build them homes?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:40 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Doesn't Merkel have enough money to build them homes?

Basically yes, I mean lets be real, the 65000 is a token effort compared to what European and Middle Eastern countries are doing. It would make the US seem a little bit less bad, particularly since US action is partly to blame for the crisis.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Woah.. You're not suggesting that Christians don't always live up to their religious ideals are you? That's pretty groundbreaking stuff there pal. You better be careful that the Catholic church doesn't catch you and put you on trial for heresy.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:44 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Woah.. You're not suggesting that Christians don't always live up to their religious ideals are you? That's pretty groundbreaking stuff there pal. You better be careful that the Catholic church doesn't catch you and put you on trial for heresy.

Rather than a groundbreaking revelation I view this shared tweet as a humorous pointing out of said hypocrisy.

I will try to find more unique and earth shattering 140 characters in the future.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Would you have taken this stance against allowing Irish in during the Great Irish Famine?

well i would hope the syrians would get a warmer welcome than the irish did.

topic though: yes, they should let them in.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Basically yes, I mean lets be real, the 65000 is a token effort compared to what European and Middle Eastern countries are doing. It would make the US seem a little bit less bad, particularly since US action is partly to blame for the crisis.

I refuse to blame Obama for this. Why can't Merkel handle this. She seems well equipped.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:47 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I refuse to blame Obama for this.

lol, you have in other threads though, when it comes to his policy regarding ISIS.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:48 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh I thought you just wanted to hear me blame Obama.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:53 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
which actions are you referring to?

Also, i think Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Russia and England all top the USA in terms of direct involvement in the Syrian disaster. So if we're going to play the blame game then let those countries take the hit.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 09:53 PM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

which actions are you referring to?

Also, i think Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Russia and England all top the USA in terms of direct involvement in the Syrian disaster. So if we're going to play the blame game then let those countries take the hit.

Saudi Arabia is doing its share, possibly in the millions: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anhvi..._b_8175924.html

The others I agree should do more.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 10:07 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

didn't answer my question as to which actions the united states took that resulted in the syrian crisis.

alright... well tbh what i am worried about is importing the religious war you guys are dealing with. i distrust how the rednecks will react just as much as i distrust any islamic extremists.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 10:31 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

They just found a ambulance full of explosives at a soccer game in Germany.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 10:34 PM
Bardock42

didn't answer my question as to which actions the united states took that resulted in the syrian crisis.

alright... well tbh what i am worried about is importing the religious war you guys are dealing with. i distrust how the rednecks will react just as much as i distrust any islamic extremists.

Oh yes, the main one is waging the Iraq war, destabilising the region leading to the rise of ISIS.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 10:41 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

My state, Louisiana, already refused to take refugees in. I agree with that. It is too much of a national security risk. How many ISIS members could be among the 65000? You can not do proper background checks to a satisfactorily level on these people. Not to mention my taxes would have to support these people.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 10:57 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

After your taxes supported putting these people's lives in disarray...I can see how you don't want to spend that as well...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 10:58 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not another America bashing session, please.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:00 PM
Bardock42

Not another America bashing session, please.

America's part in the current humanitarian crisis is relevant to the thread.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:01 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obama is your commander and chief. Keep it clean and on point.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:05 PM
Bardock42

I actually happen to be German, so Obama is not my commander in chief. The main decisions that led to this were made by the Bush administration anyways.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:07 PM