KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America (Steve) vs. Wildcat and Green Arrow

Captain America (Steve) vs. Wildcat and Green Arrow
Started by: Marvelknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Team 7-8/10.

I don't think this will be easy, but I think while Cap is fighting Wildcat Green Arrow can take advantage of the distraction and take him out from range.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:17 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Last I checked bullets >> arrows.

Blocks a bullet from the winter soldier with his shield after the shot's fired.
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5392/ca14014mp3.jpg
Soon after, dodges point blank, from his knees, and even throws his shield in the span of time it takes the bullet to get from the barrel to him.
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3846/ca14016zs1.jpg

Taking on Beast and Iceman; much harder than taking on Green Arrow and Wildcat imo.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...capvsiceman.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/.../capvsbeast.jpg

I don't see what that iceman beast scan is suppose to prove Bobby intentionally froze his legs.That had more to do with iceman not wanting to hurt him than him being able to take him on.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:33 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Originally posted by Prep-Man
For as fast as he is, CA isn't dodging sonic arrows.

Does he still use them as part of standard equipment?

"MK GRFXS"! Taking sig requests

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:34 PM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I don't see what that iceman beast scan is suppose to prove Bobby intentionally froze his legs.That had more to do with iceman not wanting to hurt him than him being able to take him on.

Then I say it wasn't a real smart move on his part. Cap just took advantage of the situation.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:35 PM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Did you not see what happened during Identity Crisis #3? Slade pounded GA's face in after a desperation move on GA's part. All of these trick arrows and GA couldn't get off one shot before several of his teammates got dropped in a matter of seconds. Cap is nearly as fast as Slade or just as fast. Physically GA and WC are outclassed here.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:36 PM
SuperiorTech

Then I say it wasn't a real smart move on his part. Cap just took advantage of the situation.

I know that the point is pick a better example.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:37 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Silly as it sounds, in comics arrows hit people more often than bullets do.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:42 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

I know that the point is pick a better example.

No need... Sure Iceman could have done a lot things, but that isn't the point.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:43 PM
SuperiorTech

No need... Sure Iceman could have done a lot things, but that isn't the point.

So whats the point are you trying to show? that cap can over come the odds against people more powerful than the two in this thread how does that work if those people intentionally hold back or don't fight to the best of their abilities.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:48 PM
Marvelknight
Authority

So whats the point are you trying to show? that cap can over come the odds against people more powerful than the two in this thread how does that work if those people intentionally hold back or don't fight to the best of their abilities.

The point is that not only can he fight against two stronger opponents, but also two opponents with years of experience working together. I also wouldn't say they were holding back that much. In that issue everyone was pretty heated and Cap was about to smash Beast in if not for Iceman stopping it.

Last edited by Marvelknight on Jul 29th, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 09:55 PM
SuperiorTech

The point is that not only can he fight against two stronger opponents, but also two opponents with years of experience working together.

Dude if Bobby wanted that fight over it would have ended in one panel he could have frozen Steve solid, bulked up and gone h2h trapped him in a ice prison etc etc.I told you to pick a better example where Steve was the reason he won the fight not because his opponent didn't want to hurt him and went easy.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 10:02 PM
Marvelknight
Authority

Dude if Bobby wanted that fight over it would have ended in one panel he could have frozen Steve solid, bulked up and gone h2h trapped him in a ice prison etc etc.I told you to pick a better example where Steve was the reason he won the fight not because his opponent didn't want to hurt him and went easy.

I've already have. Avengers Prime #1 against 20 or more armed trolls.

Do I really need to show "Steve Rogers Super Solider" # 3 where Steve didn't have the SSS activated in him; still taking down three security guards on the SSS?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 10:08 PM
Senor Cage

I still don't see Cap taking a majority. Even WC has taken on metas when he's on the JSA.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 10:14 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

I still don't see Cap taking a majority. Even WC has taken on metas when he's on the JSA.

WC isn't near Cap in physical stats, skill nor tactics. Cap has left opponents attacking his after image in Secret Avengers while fighting alongside Shang-Chi. Reaction time is a big factor here.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2011 10:20 PM
Senor Cage

never said he was, but he can def hold his own for a bit while ollie shoots hin with an arrow.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 12:16 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

never said he was, but he can def hold his own for a bit while ollie shoots hin with an arrow.

Hey no disrespect, but if Cap can enter a large cabin full of ARMED trolls (swords, axes, shields, armor, arrows and spears) and only be hit beryl by an flaming arrow against 20 or more opponents; he can deal with these two. How can two less skilled, less experienced and physically outmatched opponents overwhelm him?

One fighter who IS a highly skilled boxer with mastery of several other martial arts but lacks the endurance to truly last against Cap. And the other opponent is even less skilled who relies too much on his bow and arrow. Anyone thinking Cap will leave an opponent who visibly has a ranged weapon alone to get the open attack doesn't truly know how Cap engages an opponent.

I've seen Cap dodge a sneak attack from behind, then throws his shield, ricocheting it off the wall behind Zuran; taking him out on the return. He caught the shield without even looking; right arm reaching out.

Cap has even dodged multiple leasers in mid air. He's fast. Very fast; too fast for GA to even get off a shot if Cap really wanted to get to him before hand.

Last edited by Marvelknight on Jul 30th, 2011 at 02:26 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 02:24 AM
namorsubby

cap has a physical and skill edge on them both, but that doesnt equate to him beating them both. Like i said someone of caps power set and level would be no where near an insurmountable task for 2 elite dc peaks such as these. You obviously dont know much about thesse characters. On a good day teds taken more formmiddable foes. Hhis damage soak and strength is off the scale. He could definitely hang with cap alone. And GA is a great tactician and has nailed faster opponents. This whole notion that steve is too fast for ollie to touch with an arrow is unrealistic.also, ted has about 70 years of experience along with rejuvenation through magic.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 02:40 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

Originally posted by namorsubby
cap has a physical and skill edge on them both, but that doesnt equate to him beating them both. Like i said someone of caps power set and level would be no where near an insurmountable task for 2 elite dc peaks such as these. You obviously dont know much about thesse characters. On a good day teds taken more formmiddable foes. Hhis damage soak and strength is off the scale. He could definitely hang with cap alone. And GA is a great tactician and has nailed faster opponents. This whole notion that steve is too fast for ollie to touch with an arrow is unrealistic.also, ted has about 70 years of experience along with rejuvenation through magic.

Did you not see what happened during Identity Crisis #3? Slade pounded GA's face in after a desperation move on GA's part. All of these trick arrows and GA couldn't get off one shot before several of his teammates got dropped in a matter of seconds. Cap is nearly as fast as Slade or just as fast. Physically GA and WC are outclassed here.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 02:53 AM
Marvelknight
Authority

namorsubby, keep it 100 with me. If this was Slade instead of Cap against these two, what would your opinion be then?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 03:22 AM
namorsubby

ollie has tagged slade before and managed to in that same issue. Slades faster anyway. Cap does not possess the same brain function that makes slade the team beater he is. Stop trying to make slade a dc barometer for steve rogers. Hes not. Plain and simple.

Like i said, either one of these guys can take a minority vs cap. The notion that he can take a majority vs both only implies a lack of knowledge on both combatants. Teds 7 decades worth of experience, for example. Just how much does cap have?

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 03:27 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote