KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should Syrian refugees be allowed into the US

Should Syrian refugees be allowed into the US
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I actually happen to be German, so Obama is not my commander in chief. The main decisions that led to this were made by the Bush administration anyways.

As much as you talk about Obama's badassery, I didn't think it mattered where you live, he's your guy. After all borders should not determine citizenship or political beliefs.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:09 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
As much as you talk about Obama's badassery, I didn't think it mattered where you live, he's your guy. After all borders should not determine citizenship or political beliefs.

lol, well borders don't determine citizenship necessarily, that is true.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I think B42's point is, if you helped burn down someone's house, the moral thing would be to offer them a room at your place, figuratively speaking.

It's a shame more and more states are being immoral. Do hope California doesn't take the path, I'd even be fine with all 65K coming in CA.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by red g jacks
[B]thats an interesting chart. it would seem to indicate that the 1st generation immigrants aren't the real problem, their kids (and the generations after that) are.
That's right, immigrants don't cause nearly as much troubleas citizens.

In fact, it would seem that the only immigrants in US history who **** shit up the moment they arrive are white ones, as I'm sure Antonio de Santa Anna and Opechancanough will attest to.

Anyway, now that we've found established that immigrants by and large do not pose a threat to national security, on what imperative are you arguing that we should bar them from the country?

quote:
send them to the moon for all i care.
Fair enough, so long as you're the first one on the rocket.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 17th, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:11 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

War has consequences. It's unfortunate, but true. If people want to say we should do it because it is our fault then anyone who is running for president and was even a tiny bit in favor of doing what we did to cause this should never hold the job of president.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Surtur
War has consequences. It's unfortunate, but true. If people want to say we should do it because it is our fault then anyone who is running for president and was even a tiny bit in favor of doing what we did to cause this should never hold the job of president.

That's a non-sequitur.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:20 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I probably should of put it in the general primary thread, my bad.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah, I probably should of put it in the general primary thread, my bad.

No, I mean it makes no sense.

Why does having to do humanitarian work after a war mean that everyone that is for the war should be categorically discounted from the presidency?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You say we caused it. You say over a million people are refugee's in your country, and 65,000 here. If we caused something that made that many people flee then it's just another thing to add to the list of clusterf*cks of the war.

So for me I don't want someone who was in favor of something that caused that much damage. But that is just me.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:33 PM
Bardock42

You say we caused it. You say over a million people are refugee's in your country, and 65,000 here. If we caused something that made that many people flee then it's just another thing to add to the list of clusterf*cks of the war.

So for me I don't want someone who was in favor of something that caused that much damage. But that is just me.

That makes sense as a personal decision. I mean there's not that many people left then though, Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders, I suppose.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2015 11:37 PM
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh yes, the main one is waging the Iraq war, destabilising the region leading to the rise of ISIS.
...nah. you can blame the us for ISIS, sure. you can't blame the US alone for the arab spring, which is actually what led to the syrian situation.

btw are we as liberals still supposed to support the broad that wanted to give more help to the syrian rebels... which in turn ended up being arming al nusra/isis?

Last edited by red g jacks on Nov 18th, 2015 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 12:35 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I am proud to live in one of the states refusing to accept the Unvetted Syrian Invaders.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 01:32 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I am proud to live in one of the states refusing to accept the Unvetted Syrian Invaders.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 01:35 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I just had an idea. If Obama empties Gitmo.
WE COULD SEND THEM ALL THERE!

Places is practically Pleasure Resort.

It is on a tropical island after all and it is Winter in The U.S

Wouldn't want the refugees getting cold.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 01:50 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red g jacks
Restricted

Account Restricted

seriously though look at this green text typing guy above me to see why the prospect of importing a ton of sunni arab musilms from syria into this country makes me nervous

you guys really think this is a good idea? you might start a holy war or something, lol. i mean yea we have "tons of space"... technically speaking that is. problem is most of the "space" is in redneck country. most of this country is white as **** and christian as ****. the few metropolitan areas like the ny philly cali chicago texas south florida etc that might be somewhat accomodating... there's not so much "space" in these places. they're generally crowded and expensive as ****. if syrian refugees can hack it there then sure.. it wouldn't be so bad.. but what are the chances that these people are going to have any economic prospects here? they're from a war torn impoverished part of the world. a good number of them are young unemployed males. honestly. we all know how demographics like that do in large metropolitan urban centers

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 02:07 AM
red g jacks is currently offline Click here to Send red g jacks a Private Message Find more posts by red g jacks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I agree with Redy. Only put them in Blue States where they will be safe.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 02:15 AM
Mindset

No one should be allowed into the US.

I don't care if you're a US citizen and you're just on vacation, sorry, US is closed.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 02:26 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

GWB has a lot of room on his ranch out in Crawford, Tx.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 02:54 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So does Hillary in one of her 15 million dollar mansions.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 03:35 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No it shouldn't be foisted onto Taxpayers to take care of foreigners. For all of the altruistic libs who are generous with the money of others, what's preventing them from hosting them in their own homes and paying for their livelihoods?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 04:16 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote