KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

easy julie ;... BUY IT smile

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 10:03 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(still worried)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slybaghouse
A breath of fresh air

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but is anyone else annoyed by the fact everyone seems to have a lightsaber. I mean all the "masked men" and of course reborn. I just think they should be saved for more important characters, kinda help build the excitment of a lightsaber duel?

I can't agree more Ushgarak, I hope that just carrying around one lightsaber is as good as two or doublebladed.

Other than that looks pretty sweet!

- Winston Churchill

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Slybaghouse a Private Message Find more posts by Slybaghouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hell, I'm fine with the fact that a bunch of masked men and reborns have sabers. How the doublebladed and two saber dueling will work is what I'm confused about.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 05:07 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

really don't mind much much more people having a lightsabre smile, more fights to win smile

well, two sabers (if you're good) is of course better then one, no?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 07:17 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Windu
The "Master Chief"

Cant wait till JA comes out, Its LIVE enabled, you get to customize your own Jedi and abunch of other fun features !!

The Halo Chronicles

Hyperspace Webcam Pics Here !

I asked for Reinforcements... I didn't think they'd send a SPARTAN.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Evil Windu a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Windu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

this game is looking better and better

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yerss- in any logical sense, NO, two sabres are not better.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

But game playing wise it should be.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 05:50 AM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

the best place for jk3 stuff is
jk2files.com
go there and click on jk3 on the side menu
they have everything ever published about jk3
its really good

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

ok thanx for the info.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, game-playing wise it should NOT be! When people like Windu and Dooku and even YODA use SINGLE sabres and are considered the best in the field there is no way that two sabres should be better in this game. DIFFERENT, yes, but NOT better.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 05:57 PM
LanceWindu

I think that 2 sabers would be fun.

But not necessarily better.

If Yoda or Windu had them and had trained with them then, yes, they would be the best overall.

But just a new Jedi Knight wielding 2 sabers.

That's dangerous if you ask me.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 07:18 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
really don't mind much much more people having a lightsabre smile, more fights to win smile

well, two sabers (if you're good) is of course better then one, no?

Definitely. Galder uses two most of the time.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2003 03:39 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

How is two not better?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 01:40 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

more moves. can deflect more lasers.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

i hope JA will be the same setup as JO, (as in installation files).
I had fun editing JO characters, moves and weapons. it was a modder's dream...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 02:34 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ajunta_Pall
Dark Side Marauder

I must say I hope there's some new planets to see.

I've never used a lightsabre before, but as a martial artist with swords, dual and double sided pikes each has an advantage.

First the single sword, this should be used by a person who intends to use brute force as it can be held with two hand gather all the person's strength. Take note that because of this it would be very hard to knock the sabre from this person's hands. So this could take a battering of harsh direct blows.

2nd the dual sabres, should be used by a defensive fighter. With the ability to block more incoming attacking with greater speed you'd just have to wait until the other person to foul up, and yes this would be the best defense from blaster fire, note that a strong blow could batter down the defense but then again watch for their other sabre coming at you.

Last the double sided sabre, a weapon of speed, agility and acorbates. the best thing about this is it could easily defend your whole body from harm with some aility you could altogther avoid most attacks while send in your own attacks, it's a vastly offensive weapon.

As for people not dying in one shot from a lightsabre, striking in full a person with no armor should result in death however, what of jedi or sith that can absord energy?

I don't see how one fast inaccurate blow could kill a jedi at any rate the range of motion in fast stance is little more than a flick of the wrists, they's make only glancing wounds like you seen Dooku give Obi-wan in episode 2.

Medium stance would make wounds bad enough that the person would lose most use of the area he was struck in, however in fast or medium stance a head shot would kill unless the energy source was absorbed.

In short all of these have advantages and disadvantages, it's really who's more skilled in the stances and weapons he or she picks that should decide the winner. What good is a big baslter if you can hit nothing with it? The man with the little blaster is going to kill you....... even if he has to shoot you 6 times.

Last edited by Ajunta_Pall on Aug 1st, 2003 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Ajunta_Pall a Private Message Find more posts by Ajunta_Pall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Jedi CANNOT absorb energy in the way you mean and any reasonable stroke in the lightest of stances would finish a fight. ALL lightsabre fights end when the other person is hit, not when he is hit HARD.

Double sabre usage is problematic at best and in no way superior to single blade fighting which is the most devastating swordfighting form. Two sabres are a nightmare to co-ordinate, and impede each other. But it is, at least, practical...

...because as has been discussed elsewhere, the double-bladed sabre would, in real life, be a DREADFUL weapon. And it is actually the LEAST suitable weapon for protecting yourself because of its vast vulnerable point at the hilt, and because it is a hafted weapon that you can only hold in the middle which massively impedes its use, and you cannot perform nearly all the basic guards with it as you would hack yourself in half trying to do so.

Reality aside, the thematic point remains that the greatest sabre fighters in the films use a SINGLE-BLADED SABRE. And the choice of such a weapon should NOT be dwarved by exotic types.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 1st, 2003 at 01:59 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 01:51 AM
Ajunta_Pall
Dark Side Marauder

You can only hold a pike at it's mid point as well yet I've no problem using it, however as I said it'd be an offensive weapon which is why it's used with acorbatitics. You don't need to defend against what you can easily dodge.

2 swords does hold great danger of harming yourself.

However barely blistering your opponent with your sabre could hardly taking him out of the fight. Face it Thinking you can make micro swings and batter down a jedi's defense is wishful thinking at best.

Because you hold this weapon in the middle hand over hand swings makes the range of motion for this weapon far better it also increases a weapons momentem As I said combined with acarobates it because a weapon of trying to strike while dodging using these skills there's no need to block with it. As before it's who's more truely skilled with the weapon they use. Not everyon is going to fight the same way you are, I know this is troubling to some people. lol However as with the light and dark force powers on the game there will be advantages and disadvantages.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Ajunta_Pall a Private Message Find more posts by Ajunta_Pall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote