KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America (Steve) vs. Wildcat and Green Arrow

Captain America (Steve) vs. Wildcat and Green Arrow
Started by: Marvelknight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marvelknight
Authority

Captain America will beat WC 7-8/10.

Cap will definitely beat Ollie 8/10

Together with effort Cap can win 6-7/10

"MK GRFXS"! Taking sig requests

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:18 PM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
NO! It's a comic. How can a comic show something that's impossible even to the comic. This would be a contradiction. If a pure human can possibly fly in a comic then that is not a super human ability in a comic (it is either PIS or a possible human ability).

Now we can except Kingpin's feats as PIS or we can say that, in a comic, a pure human could possibly pull something like that off. If the latter, then it becomes a human feat, and not a super human one.

You keep arguing about what's possible and impossible according to real life standards and not within comic standards. In this forum we have PIS if a feat(s) is too extreme. Otherwise, we just assume by suspension of disbelief that it is possible to achieve by a human being. Peak human is represents the strongest a human can possibly be before being super human. Hence, the word "Peak".

Lastly, Spidey has shown strength feats that should tear up his muscle fibers or crush his bones. It happened as Bucky's feats happened.

Kingpin is an outlier, he is an otherwise impossible exception to the rule. He operates above the limits of the human body. There are characters who are established as being peak human and Kingpin is stronger then them. It's pretty simple math. Kingpin is a superhuman. He is a lone specimen that for what ever reason is capable of surpassing the limits of human strength. It's not PIS, its the fundamental essence of the character. Just because his strength didn't come from a lab experiment doesn't make it any less extraordinary or unnatural. The limits of the human body aren't arbitrary, they are defined even in comics. We know what characters are peak human, we've been told plain as day many times, and Kingpin is stronger then them, and as such he has superhuman strength. Kingpin having superhuman strength doesn't invalidate the fact that Bucky has been shown and said to be peak human.

Spidy occasionally busts out some "mother-lifting-a-car-off-of-child" style hysterical strength and lifts some heavy shit (usually supporting the weight of building or tunnel to save civies from being crushed), but that is nothing to do with his standard operating levels or Bucky's for that mater. Bucky is peak human the vast majority of the time, with rare feats of superhuman strength just like Spider-man is class 20 the vast majority of the time with rare feats of vast superhuman strength. If Spider-man is class 50, then Bucky is superhuman.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:22 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

My point is that if Bucky's feats classify him as a peak human then Spidey's feats should classify him as a class 100.

To prove bias, Shrank classifies Logan at a minimum of class 5 based off his top feats (which are about class 5). Well Spidey has far more feats over 20 tons (class 100 at the highest) and he still consider Spidey at class 20.
Ya well, Shrank is gay which goes hand in hand with being a Loganrine fan

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:24 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Kingpin is an outlier, he is an otherwise impossible exception to the rule. He operates above the limits of the human body. There are characters who are established as being peak human and Kingpin is stronger then them. It's pretty simple math. Kingpin is a superhuman. He is a lone specimen that for what ever reason is capable of surpassing the limits of human strength. It's not PIS, its the fundamental essence of the character. Just because his strength didn't come from a lab experiment doesn't make it any less extraordinary or unnatural. The limits of the human body aren't arbitrary, they are defined even in comics. We know what characters are peak human, we've been told plain as day many times, and Kingpin is stronger then them, and as such he has superhuman strength. Kingpin having superhuman strength doesn't invalidate the fact that Bucky has been shown and said to be peak human.

Spidy occasionally busts out some "mother-lifting-a-car-off-of-child" style hysterical strength and lifts some heavy shit (usually supporting the weight of building or tunnel to save civies from being crushed), but that is nothing to do with his standard operating levels or Bucky's for that mater. Bucky is peak human the vast majority of the time, with rare feats of superhuman strength just like Spider-man is class 20 the vast majority of the time with rare feats of vast superhuman strength. If Spider-man is class 50, then Bucky is superhuman.
Outliers are irrelevant to this discussion. This isn't about statistics. It is about real comic characters that exist or have existed. Is Kingpin a pure human? If so, then a human in comics can possibly do what he did (or it is merely PIS).

This has nothing to do with my point but I think you are mistaken. Bucky is not peak human a majority of the time. It is rare that he shows peak human feats (I'm talking about current Bucky and not the retconned one). He has some peak human feats but those are rare in respect to his total appearances. Now I'm referring to strength, not agility or anything else.

Logan is peak human a vast majority of the time as well. Showing me several of his super human feats won't change that. But you still classify him as super human. I don't have a problem with it, just your hypocritical logic to reach the conclusion.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:34 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

H1 ur simply full of crap. Bucky is with out a doubt a peak-human and has been repeatedly billed as one, as have characters like daredevil and current BP.

Also Wolverine has neven once in a comic been billed or remotely suggested to be peak human. So ur full of crap as usual. He has however numerous times been either state and implied to be superhuman phsyically.

Also how the hell can u even argue that capt not superhuman? He been stated as having the strength of a platoon of men.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Aug 1st, 2011 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:39 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Is H1 trying to argue about comic logic over real life logic (even though he knows nothing of either)?

Oh, this is rich

laughing

agreed.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:41 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
H1 ur simply full of crap. Bucky is with out a doubt a peak-human and has been repeatedly billed as one, as have characters like daredevil and current BP.

Also Wolverine has neven once in a comic been billed or remotely suggested to be peak human. So ur full of crap as usual. He has however numerous times been either state and implied to be superhuman phsyically.

Also how the hell can u even argue that capt not superhuman? He been stated as having the strength of a platoon of men.

Daredevil isn't a pure human and neither is BP. Even so, if they are peak human then why do there exist other humans in comics significantly stronger? Because they are not peak human.

Wolverine always appear to be peak human at most and olympic human at least. Who cares about what someone is billed. Spidey isn't billed a class 20 in the comic.

Of course there are numerous times for Wolverine but those times in comparison to his career are super rare.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:50 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Daredevil isn't a pure human and neither is BP. Even so, if they are peak human then why do there exist other humans in comics significantly stronger? Because they are not peak human.

Wolverine always appear to be peak human at most and olympic human at least. Who cares about what someone is billed. Spidey isn't billed a class 20 in the comic.

Of course there are numerous times for Wolverine but those times in comparison to his career are super rare.

ur as ignorant as always, feel that I be putting u back on ignore in short order. Both DD and Black Panther are pure humans, the fact u find that remotely debatable makes u very much incapable of debating this topic. Those people who are significantly stronger then they are, are superhuman genius. I mean how difficult is that to grasp?

No he doesent, which again proves how incapable of argueing thos topic u are. U lack even basic knowledge of the characters. Please show me were wolverine in comic story has ever once been stated or even suggested as peak human. Common champ I be waiting. Spidy is billed as having signicant superhuman strength however. Wolverine is billed with also possessing superhuman strength. His feats supports this champ.

No there not at all. He even been stated several times to have to tap normal humans in fear of caving in there skulls, even to the point of holding back agaisnt other superhumans like Night crawler and Beast.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:58 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wolverine always appear to be peak human at most and olympic human at least.

Always? So you must have loads of examples then?

You're just wrong here, Wolverine is superhumanly strong and that's how it's shown in comics. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 07:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Always? So you must have loads of examples then?

You're just wrong here, Wolverine is superhumanly strong and that's how it's shown in comics. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Which is even funnier, becuase even from his inception he was suppose to be superhuman across the boards and they were his main powers.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 08:01 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Outliers are irrelevant to this discussion. This isn't about statistics. It is about real comic characters that exist or have existed. Is Kingpin a pure human? If so, then a human in comics can possibly do what he did (or it is merely PIS).

This has nothing to do with my point but I think you are mistaken. Bucky is not peak human a majority of the time. It is rare that he shows peak human feats (I'm talking about current Bucky and not the retconned one). He has some peak human feats but those are rare in respect to his total appearances. Now I'm referring to strength, not agility or anything else.

Logan is peak human a vast majority of the time as well. Showing me several of his super human feats won't change that. But you still classify him as super human. I don't have a problem with it, just your hypocritical logic to reach the conclusion.

Outliers are completely relevant to the discussion. We aren't talk about theoretical and arbitrary statistics, we are talking about things that are well documented and defined on panel. We know which characters are peak human because we've been told, frequently, and we know that Kingpin is stronger then them. Fisk is superhuman, the fact that he is a "regular human," is inconsequential and changes nothing.

Logan is never peak human. The one and only time he has tried and failed to lift something is when he was unable to lift a large tree transmuted into solid gold. We aren't talking about a character who is constantly portrayed as peak human with rare feats of superhuman strength, we are talking about a character who is only portrayed as having superhuman strength. Not sure where you got class 5 from, I've always said that Wolverine's strength falls in around class 2, but I may have said the potential upper limits of a b-rage Wolverine is around class 5, which sounds about right.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 08:04 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Which is even funnier, becuase even from his inception he was suppose to be superhuman across the boards and they were his main powers.

Yeah, strength and agility on par with Spidey.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 08:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

So it agreed, H1 is talking out his back end. Glad were all on the same page.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 08:09 PM
h1a8

Outliers are completely relevant to the discussion. We aren't talk about theoretical and arbitrary statistics, we are talking about things that are well documented and defined on panel. We know which characters are peak human because we've been told, frequently, and we know that Kingpin is stronger then them. Fisk is superhuman, the fact that he is a "regular human," is inconsequential and changes nothing.

Logan is never peak human. The one and only time he has tried and failed to lift something is when he was unable to lift a large tree transmuted into solid gold. We aren't talking about a character who is constantly portrayed as peak human with rare feats of superhuman strength, we are talking about a character who is only portrayed as having superhuman strength. Not sure where you got class 5 from, I've always said that Wolverine's strength falls in around class 2, but I may have said the potential upper limits of a b-rage Wolverine is around class 5, which sounds about right.
Statistics only count when discussing a particular character's feats. You can't disregard a character as a whole (but you can a feat).

We been told by who? Handbooks?

The fact that Wolverine has superhuman feats classify him as superhman. The fact that Spidey has feats (numerous ones) above class 20 classifies him as what?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 08:40 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Statistics only count when discussing a particular character's feats. You can't disregard a character as a whole (but you can a feat).

We been told by who? Handbooks?

The fact that Wolverine has superhuman feats classify him as superhman. The fact that Spidey has feats (numerous ones) above class 20 classifies him as what?

Kingpin isn't being disregarded, he is being sorted and placed accurately in a comic book hierarchy based on his strength relative other characters who are stated as being peak human.

No, not Handbooks, on-panel narration... like I've mentioned... a dozen times...

All of Wolverine's strength feats are superhuman, 95% of Spider-man's strength feats are class 10-20. We use majority representation her to judge a characters abilities. I don't know why it is difficult to see the difference.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 08:47 PM
the Darkone

Kingpin isn't being disregarded, he is being sorted and placed accurately in a comic book hierarchy based on his strength relative other characters who are stated as being peak human.

No, not Handbooks, on-panel narration... like I've mentioned... a dozen times...

All of Wolverine's strength feats are superhuman, 95% of Spider-man's strength feats are class 10-20. We use majority representation her to judge a characters abilities. I don't know why it is difficult to see the difference.

You really have to ask wink it's H1a8, he can't comprehend too well sad .

Cap beat this team down pretty convincingly, that I might add.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 11:04 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

laughing

I didn't think you would resort to trickery with words and lying. Who cares about Wolverine's strength feats? What about his none strength feats? ALL HEROES strength feats will be over what they normally are portrayed at. Otherwise a character would have a zillion strength feats.The majority of Spidey's strength feats are above 20 tons. Any feat below that isn't a strength feat but a normal action.

Again, peak human is the pinnacle of human perfection (of comics, not real life). Nothing human without an outside aid can be significantly stronger. If Kingpin is peak human (by comic standards) then all other pure humans are olympic or athletic or normal or crippled.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2011 11:49 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by the Darkone
You really have to ask wink it's H1a8, he can't comprehend too well sad .

so true, he not a bright one, thats for certain.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 12:01 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

laughing

I didn't think you would resort to trickery with words and lying.

Were did he lie and resort to trickery?

This is priceless coming from the guy who insists wolverine peak-human and when ask to prove such statements......u ignore the request (seems like ur lying if anything)

Who cares about Wolverine's strength feats? What about his none strength feats?

What non strength feats would these be champ?

ALL HEROES strength feats will be over what they normally are portrayed at. Otherwise a character would have a zillion strength feats.

No there not, the whole point of strength feats is to gauge what the character consistent level of strength is and there limitations. Honestly ur like talking to a wall.

The majority of Spidey's strength feats are above 20 tons. Any feat below that isn't a strength feat but a normal action.

No there not, that a straight up bull faced lie. He has strength feats over 20 tons, but the majority? prove it. Because ur full of shit.

Again, peak human is the pinnacle of human perfection (of comics, not real life). Nothing human without an outside aid can be significantly stronger. If Kingpin is peak human (by comic standards) then all other pure humans are olympic or athletic or normal or crippled.

Kingpin is not peak human (in strength), wtf don't u get? How can anyone be as stupid as ur acting. It not possible. U must be trolling, because no one is this friggin stupid.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 12:10 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Also u clearly don't factor in body type, because Kingpin is frame alone is not human. he friggin 600 pounds of pure muscle. There not single person that even comes remotely close to that weight in there optimal shape in both comic humans and in the real world.

Kingpin is genetic freak of nature plain and simple.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2011 12:22 AM